Jay Carney: Millions Leaving Workforce Because People are Getting Old

The Right started talking about the 'real' unemployment number right about the time Obama became president, despite their never making a peep about it during Bush.

Why it is 'useful' is for propaganda purposes only.
Yep, and the Left was complaining about "real" unemployment an falsely claiming Bush changed the definition, until. Obama was elected.

Show me who on the left falsely claimed that the Bush administration changed the definition, then we'll go from there.

One example: Unemployment under Bush at record lows? Why do I doubt this? - Democratic Underground
It's difficult to find quotes from 4 years ago, but, trust me, those people were out there.

Yep, and the Left was complaining about "real" unemployment an falsely claiming Bush changed the definition, until. Obama was elected.

Show me who on the left falsely claimed that the Bush administration changed the definition, then we'll go from there.

One example: Unemployment under Bush at record lows? Why do I doubt this? - Democratic Underground
It's difficult to find quotes from 4 years ago, but, trust me, those people were out there.

Well done.

So the people here who are complaining about this are the rightwing equivalent of the types on the left who populate DU.

The real issue is, is anyone fudging the numbers, and the answer is NO.

Jay Carney: Millions Leaving the Workforce Because People Are Getting Old - White House - Fox Nation

Yup, you heard it here first.

And this is how the Government plays with the numbers. If you "leave the workforce" (aka give up on finding a job) you don't count as unemployed.

That's why the truth is the unemployment numbers are really over 10%.

So in March of 2004, when the Bush administration was telling us unemployment was 5.8%,
but the 'real' unemployment number was 10%,

I don't remember you complaining. Why was that?

It wasn't over 20% like it is now. Yeah, ok blame Bush now.

No. U-6 now is actually 14.9%.

Good job making a non sequitur and using bad data in the process.

Millions seeking early retirment before retirement benefits are cut.

Those union pension paid by working people will be cut anyway. They don't deserve to be supported for 25-30 years, no one does.
Rememeber they pay in next to nothing. For anyone who disagrees, do the math.

Your pension is part of what you are paid for the work you do. THAT is what you put in.

Millions seeking early retirment before retirement benefits are cut.

Those union pension paid by working people will be cut anyway. They don't deserve to be supported for 25-30 years, no one does.
Rememeber they pay in next to nothing. For anyone who disagrees, do the math.

Your pension is part of what you are paid for the work you do. THAT is what you put in.

That's how it used to be. Today the public union workers are paid higher than non union and still they get the equivelant of welfare for years and years after retirement. There payin in about 18 months of the first two years of the pension payback.
Bullshit.

Forum List

Back