Jay Carney: Millions Leaving Workforce Because People are Getting Old

Those SICK BASTARDS! How DARE someone ask government employees to actually work hard!!! Don't they understand that most of our government is populated with employees who took those jobs because they GOT sweet benefits, great pay, job security...and best of all didn't have to perform to keep their job like people in the private sector?

Now you want to make them EARN their pay? OH, THE HUMANITY!!!

You know what? Fuck you.

I happen to work in the Public sector and have since I retired from that other public sector job I had, the U.S Military. Know how many people I've come across like you described? Exactly zero. Even these snot nosed kids they hire in my office that are just there until they can pass the CA Bar exam aren't anything like you describe.

Every single person I've encountered in my county, other counties and even at the state level have been hard working and dedicated employees.

And now, thanks to the budget cuts everyone is demanding, we work even harder than before...with no raises, cuts in our benefits, furlough fucking days...and not a whole lot of appreciation for it either.

So on behalf of other public sector employees who are continually doing more with less because your roads still have to be fixed, your elections still have to be put on, your children still need to be taught, your criminals locked up and your goddamn fires put out...

FUCK YOU.

Ahhh welcome to the real world. Your days of guaranteed employment and annual COLA has come to an end, poor thing. Now you have to worry about the same sh*t as the regular guys.

Why does it make the Right so happy that our country is in decline?

Will you finally be satisfied when there are NO good jobs for the regular folk left in America?

When there are ONLY Rich and Poor in America, then will conservatives be happy?

Those SICK BASTARDS! How DARE someone ask government employees to actually work hard!!! Don't they understand that most of our government is populated with employees who took those jobs because they GOT sweet benefits, great pay, job security...and best of all didn't have to perform to keep their job like people in the private sector?

You know what? Fuck you.

I happen to work in the Public sector and have since I retired from that other public sector job I had, the U.S Military. Know how many people I've come across like you described? Exactly zero. Even these snot nosed kids they hire in my office that are just there until they can pass the CA Bar exam aren't anything like you describe.

Every single person I've encountered in my county, other counties and even at the state level have been hard working and dedicated employees.

And now, thanks to the budget cuts everyone is demanding, we work even harder than before...with no raises, cuts in our benefits, furlough fucking days...and not a whole lot of appreciation for it either.

So on behalf of other public sector employees who are continually doing more with less because your roads still have to be fixed, your elections still have to be put on, your children still need to be taught, your criminals locked up and your goddamn fires put out...

FUCK YOU.

Ahhh welcome to the real world. Your days of guaranteed employment and annual COLA has come to an end, poor thing. Now you have to worry about the same sh*t as the regular guys.

The public sector is "the regular guys". Cops, teachers, firefighters, street maintenance, etc are "regular guys". Regular guys that took LOWER PAYING jobs than they could make in the private sector...in exchange for their benefits.

Do you believe we should be cutting the pay and benefits of our military too?

Tell me how the CEOs are doing in the private sector. Are their jobs or pay getting cut?

'Actual' UE has been higher than the official number ever since it was decided to report an official number,

Interestingly, I've never heard anyone talking about "actual" of "real" unemployment ever give a clear cut, objective definition or any arguments as to why their (vaguely defined) version is more accurate, or more useful.

The Right started talking about the 'real' unemployment number right about the time Obama became president, despite their never making a peep about it during Bush.

Why it is 'useful' is for propaganda purposes only.
Yep, and the Left was complaining about "real" unemployment an falsely claiming Bush changed the definition, until. Obama was elected.

You know what? Fuck you.

FUCK YOU.

Why is that something to be happy about?

The fact that the private sector gave up all these benefits in the name of "efficiency" and "productivity", and what do we have to show for it? Not a whole lot.

So instead of being mad at the investors and managers and corporations that screwed you over, you are angry that these public sector types like SeaWytch actually kept some of their benefits intact a bit longer, but man, you are finally going to make them miserable.

It's like an arsonist burns down your house, and instead of wanting to catch the arsonist, you want him to burn down your neighbor's house, too!

You know what? Fuck you.

FUCK YOU.

The public sector is "the regular guys". Cops, teachers, firefighters, street maintenance, etc are "regular guys". Regular guys that took LOWER PAYING jobs than they could make in the private sector...in exchange for their benefits.

Tell me how the CEOs are doing in the private sector. Are their jobs or pay getting cut?

Pretty darn sad when Carney's secretary makes more money than your local law enforcement. Isn't it??

Interestingly, I've never heard anyone talking about "actual" of "real" unemployment ever give a clear cut, objective definition or any arguments as to why their (vaguely defined) version is more accurate, or more useful.

The Right started talking about the 'real' unemployment number right about the time Obama became president, despite their never making a peep about it during Bush.

Why it is 'useful' is for propaganda purposes only.
Yep, and the Left was complaining about "real" unemployment an falsely claiming Bush changed the definition, until. Obama was elected.

Show me who on the left falsely claimed that the Bush administration changed the definition, then we'll go from there.

All but one of the WH press secretaries in recent years have come across as arogant SOBs. Surely the job of promoting and defending BS policy is a difficult one. I'm talking both sides of the aisle including Tony Snow who was a neighbor of mine. He appeared on TV as a real dick but he was actually a nice guy and a great family man. His kids were (and still are I would guess) very well behaved and the whole family were all just normal people. I'm sure Carney is the same but he says some really dumb stuff. As I said, it must be a difficult job walking in every day trying to put a positive spin on bad policy.

Last edited:
Employment and unemployment definitions are terms used in the field of Economics. How one uses those terms and the numbers assigned and where they came from is always the question.

Pretty darn sad when Carney's secretary makes more money than your local law enforcement. Isn't it??

No, it is sad that the local law enforcement gets their pay and benefits cut, but his secretary does not. Nobody is arguing against pay scales. It takes more education to be Carney's secretary than it does to be "local law enforcement".

It's not sad that the General makes more than the Private.

Now, should the military pay and benefits be cut or not? Ya'll have no problem breaking my contract, what about theirs? Why aren't the same people demanding that my public sector benefits be cut or my cost shares increased, but are not theirs?

Know what I pay per year for Tricare benefits? It's just over $500 a year for Tricare Prime that covers my children and I. That's a pretty sweet deal don't you think? Why not ask that I increase my cost share for that "gubmit health care"?

Questioning Obama's handling of the economy is a subtle form of racism, what else explains it?

My local and state law enforcement people are in public sector unions, you know, the ones that the Right and the GOP are trying to destroy.

Millions seeking early retirment before retirement benefits are cut.

Those union pension paid by working people will be cut anyway. They don't deserve to be supported for 25-30 years, no one does.
Rememeber they pay in next to nothing. For anyone who disagrees, do the math.

Exactly, 7,500 Boomers are retiring every day at 62, the earliest they can retire and collect benefits, mostly because they don't think the benefits will be there in the future and they want to collect what little they can before the GOP welsh on them.

The welsh? The "Public Unions" are helping the Left to destroy us. Fuck them.

Those union pension paid by working people will be cut anyway. They don't deserve to be supported for 25-30 years, no one does.
Rememeber they pay in next to nothing. For anyone who disagrees, do the math.

So you're saying we should cut off the military retirees?

Jay Carney: Millions Leaving the Workforce Because People Are Getting Old - White House - Fox Nation

Yup, you heard it here first.

And this is how the Government plays with the numbers. If you "leave the workforce" (aka give up on finding a job) you don't count as unemployed.

That's why the truth is the unemployment numbers are really over 10%.

People are getting old.

Get this, many of our nuclear engineers are retiring. To build nuclear power plants, we will need educated immigrants and liberals. Too much study and science is involved for right wingers. Everyone knows that.

Jay Carney: Millions Leaving the Workforce Because People Are Getting Old - White House - Fox Nation

Yup, you heard it here first.

And this is how the Government plays with the numbers. If you "leave the workforce" (aka give up on finding a job) you don't count as unemployed.

That's why the truth is the unemployment numbers are really over 10%.

So in March of 2004, when the Bush administration was telling us unemployment was 5.8%,
but the 'real' unemployment number was 10%,

I don't remember you complaining. Why was that?

It wasn't over 20% like it is now. Yeah, ok blame Bush now.

People better get ready for the future.
The government will nationalize every ones retirement
accounts.The IRA's the 401k and the rest.
They will have no choice thanks to the love of spending.
The left will support this measure.Government controlling our
money and giving us what they feel is enough for us to live on.

If I had to count on my 401K for retirement after the 2008 crash, I'd better get to love Alpo.

Thankfully, we have that nasty evil Social(ist) Security out there.

Nothing wrong with social security, People pay in for it and get a moderate amount after retirement. The numbers aren't close to waht Public Union workers get from tax payers.
I hate PUBLIC UNIONS. I see them as a monster threat to our Constitution. Useful idiots.

Exactly, 7,500 Boomers are retiring every day at 62, the earliest they can retire and collect benefits, mostly because they don't think the benefits will be there in the future and they want to collect what little they can before the GOP welsh on them.

Many government employees are leaving early because of the efforts by cities, counties and states as well as special districts to reduce salaries and benefits and expect the same work product with less staff.

Notice that the Tea Party darlings elected to the House and Senate, and legislatives bodies nationwide, have not voted to reduce the salary or benefits which they earn.

Good point about the congress not reducing their salaries. It pisses me off that they have no problem cutting services and benifits of others while passing a pay raise for themselves.

The private sector have been cutting salaries and staff and trying to make do for a while now. Municipal service providers need to do the same with decreased revenues. Public administrators and politicians have to balance the need to continue services but keep the costs down, otherwise they face the need to raise taxes.

In my teaching job, which is public sector, we've had increased number of students, no increase in numbers of teachers, and no pay or COLA increase for two years. We had to make do with available resources. What was the alternative really? With a high unemployment rate, it's not like we just run out for another job in a district facing the same issues.

Tough shit for you.

Get the Lobbyist out of DC and Corporations won't have an upper hand on the middle class.
The big problem/threat is Wall St. Big Banks, ect.. Non producing companies.

Many government employees are leaving early because of the efforts by cities, counties and states as well as special districts to reduce salaries and benefits and expect the same work product with less staff.

Notice that the Tea Party darlings elected to the House and Senate, and legislatives bodies nationwide, have not voted to reduce the salary or benefits which they earn.

Good point about the congress not reducing their salaries. It pisses me off that they have no problem cutting services and benifits of others while passing a pay raise for themselves.

The private sector have been cutting salaries and staff and trying to make do for a while now. Municipal service providers need to do the same with decreased revenues. Public administrators and politicians have to balance the need to continue services but keep the costs down, otherwise they face the need to raise taxes.

In my teaching job, which is public sector, we've had increased number of students, no increase in numbers of teachers, and no pay or COLA increase for two years. We had to make do with available resources. What was the alternative really? With a high unemployment rate, it's not like we just run out for another job in a district facing the same issues.

Tough shit for you.

Get the Lobbyist out of DC and Corporations won't have an upper hand on the middle class.
The big problem/threat is Wall St. Big Banks, ect.. Non producing companies.

I wasn't complaing you fucken idiot. I was actually stating my support for getting public budgets under control just as the private sector has had to do. Can you not read or are you still drunk?

Forum List

Back