Jane Roe going to Supreme Court.....

CivilLiberty said:
For the 40 years that abortions have been performed legally, our society has not been destroyed as a result. Nor have the other societies where it is practiced.

Andy

No, but many democratic votes have been the cost. Perhaps enough for the GW victory. Enjoy!

CivilLiberty said:
For the 40 years that abortions have been performed legally, our society has not been destroyed as a result. Nor have the other societies where it is practiced.

Andy

Then you are blind. Our society is ripening for destruction. i have hope for the future for the good and decent people of the world but the trials we are about to face will be like none the world has ever seen.

Then you are blind. Our society is ripening for destruction. i have hope for the future for the good and decent people of the world but the trials we are about to face will be like none the world has ever seen.

Our society may have issues - the divisiveness between "red" and "blue" for instance. However, it's an absurd leap of logic to assume that society's issues all rest with abortion.

A

CivilLiberty said:
Our society may have issues - the divisiveness between "red" and "blue" for instance. However, it's an absurd leap of logic to assume that society's issues all rest with abortion.

A

If you think devaluing life doesnt cause problems in a society then you dont know much about the world. Its when people start to devalue life that people begin to get violent. we have a generation now that have grown up with a lower value for life because of abortionists. issues that involve life and death dont exist in a vaccuum, they effect all of society.

If you think devaluing life doesnt cause problems in a society then you dont know much about the world. Its when people start to devalue life that people begin to get violent. we have a generation now that have grown up with a lower value for life because of abortionists. issues that involve life and death dont exist in a vaccuum, they effect all of society.

I agree with Avatar here, unintended consequences are often the most costly.

I disagree that abortion has any part in the social ills you mention. Is this simply your conjecture? Do you have any studies that back this up that I can review?

Andy

CivilLiberty said:
When I said studies, I meant peer reviewed. Nevertheless, I'll look at the book.

A

You didn't ask me for the studies, I just provided a link to a book with just such information. It also has a bibliography to the peer reviewed studies which it cites.

I figured if Avatar had studies he will post them, I just pointed to some interesting reading.

:)

no1tovote4 said:
You didn't ask me for the studies, I just provided a link to a book with just such information. It also has a bibliography to the peer reviewed studies which it cites.

I figured if Avatar had studies he will post them, I just pointed to some interesting reading.

:)

As I said I'll take a look.

A

CivilLiberty said:

A
Not all of societies ills however kids have no compunction killing each other, and this IS a direct result of their so called parents and others in society in positions of so called responsibility granting them the right to kill out of sheer convenience.......Killing for sneakers, a dirty look, is no different than killing babies out of convenience, and hey added bonus killing babies is "legal". Human life has no meaning to many anymore!

Bonnie said:
Not all of societies ills however kids have no compunction killing each other, and this IS a direct result of their so called parents and others in society in positions of so called responsibility granting them the right to kill out of sheer convenience.......Killing for sneakers, a dirty look, is no different than killing babies out of convenience, and hey added bonus killing babies is "legal". Human life has no meaning to many anymore!

It's a leap of logic, Bonnie. The kind of violence you're talking about (like the sneakers) is attributable to gang violence, which is more a result of the drug war.

A

CivilLiberty said:
It's a leap of logic, Bonnie. The kind of violence you're talking about (like the sneakers) is attributable to gang violence, which is more a result of the drug war.

A

I can see where the leap is made however. The total disregard of human life can be comparable, that gang violence may be encouraged by the disregard in which we hold these lives.

I don't personally believe that all violence is attributable to this, but I can see how some could be. More studies would have to be done on the subject, but it doesn't appear too many more will be. The subject itself is unpopular with the left-leaning crowd that usually runs the colleges that would conduct such studies.

CivilLiberty said:

A

All life has been cheapened in the eyes of younger generations, therefore that is what permeates everything else. And I wasn't speaking just about speakers, that was just one example. And my point still stands as is.

Bonnie said:
All life has been cheapened in the eyes of younger generations, therefore that is what permeates everything else. And I wasn't speaking just about speakers, that was just one example. And my point still stands as is.

The leap that I see no support for is:

"Legal Abortion means Life is Cheapened".

I don't see this, nor any support for it other than your supposition.

A

CivilLiberty said:

A

Have a nice night Andy :)

CivilLiberty said:

A
you CAN'T see it------or WON'T see it ?

This is pretty damn apparent CL

dilloduck said:
you CAN'T see it------or WON'T see it ?

This is pretty damn apparent CL

I've been asking for cites, peer reviewed studies, references - something beyond supposition.

We have much more serious social ills than abortion. Even if you could show *some* connection with abortion, MY conjecture is that these issues are more deeply connected to drug abuse, personal irresponsibility, bad parents, a nanny state welfare system that enables this weak behavior, and probably half a dozen OTHER ills - I'll cite THESE ills way out and before abortion, which if anything is a statistically insignificant contributor and only in a narrow demographic group.

That is more my point.

A

Bonnie said:

Hmmm, Andy you may be on to something here :)

agreed---I'd love to see you find us cites, peer reviewed studies and references to back up your statement regarding personal irresponsibility causing social ills ! Then we could get back to the abortion discussion !

Forum List

Back