James Holmes sentenced to AT LEAST life in prison, possibly death penalty

VeganMe

Newly vegan
Jul 28, 2012
What do you think about his sentence? ...

Twelve victims died in the attack, 58 others were wounded. The melee is among the worst mass shootings in modern-day American history. Prosecutors filed a total of 142 criminal charges against him, including 116 counts of attempted murder. The 24 murder counts reflect dual charges (premeditated and without remorse) by the prosecutors.

In the lengthy list of charges, the Arapahoe County District Attorney's Office accuses Holmes of, "evidencing an attitude of universal malice manifesting extreme indifference to the value of human life."

During Monday's hearing, Judge William Sylvester carefully explained to Holmes that the charges carry a minimum sentence of life in prison and a maximum of death. The district attorney near Denver has not announced if she will seek the death penalty against the alleged gunman.

What do you think about his sentence? ...

Twelve victims died in the attack, 58 others were wounded. The melee is among the worst mass shootings in modern-day American history. Prosecutors filed a total of 142 criminal charges against him, including 116 counts of attempted murder. The 24 murder counts reflect dual charges (premeditated and without remorse) by the prosecutors.

In the lengthy list of charges, the Arapahoe County District Attorney's Office accuses Holmes of, "evidencing an attitude of universal malice manifesting extreme indifference to the value of human life."
Ah, yes.....another o' those perks o' living in a Judeo/Christian society!!

You folks always were big fans o' blood-sacrifices, when you could convince the least-educated (of the population)....

handjob.gif

^Are you saying you don't believe there are evil deeds done in the world today (and always)? Maybe not evil in an absolute sense of the word, but evil nonetheless.

It was not the sentence.... but the sentencing guidelines.

A hearing....is not a trial.

:thup:

^It's somewhere on Yahoo! News. You can Google it if you don't believe me. :p

^It's somewhere on Yahoo! News. You can Google it if you don't believe me. :p

I am not looking.

Based on what you said it was a hearing by the judge telling them what he would be facing in a trial.

It is NOT a sentence.
I is NOT a trial.
He was not found guilty of anything.
Crimes all carry minimum and maximum penalties.... the lawyers were informed of what they were.

Semantics, people.

The judge told him that his charges carry a MINIMUM sentence of life in prison, possibly death. He's as good as sentenced to one or the other. Perhaps I should have said: "James Holmes WILL be sentenced to AT LEAST life in prison, possibly death penalty" but regardless of words, the results are the same. He WILL be sentenced to one or the other, based on what the judge said.

Semantics, people.

The judge told him that his charges carry a MINIMUM sentence of life in prison, possibly death. He's as good as sentenced to one or the other. Perhaps I should have said: "James Holmes WILL be sentenced to AT LEAST life in prison, possibly death penalty" but regardless of words, the results are the same. He WILL be sentenced to one or the other, based on what the judge said.

It is NOT semantics. Its called the law.

That is also not true about an automatic sentence.... he can also be found not guilty of all charges.

That being said.... i am all for the death sentence.

^Are you saying you don't believe there are evil deeds done in the world today (and always)? Maybe not evil in an absolute sense of the word, but evil nonetheless.
Evil is....and, always has been.....a fairy-tale concept.

handjob.gif

Should get the DP.

Like the assn of McKinley and theLindburgh Babky killer - took a matter of months from arrest to sentence being carried out.

Justice didnt pussy-foot around back in those days.

If he's found guilty the Death Sentence sits just fine with me.

Miss_Cleo.jpg

Semantics, people.

Forum List

Back