James Hansen says something smart...

Please don't derail this thread over this.. But I ran across this doing some work for Abraham over at ThinkProgress.. Truly (not just a figment of speech) LMAOff.. STILL can't find it..

No explanation required..

flacaltenn-albums-charts-picture6203-agwpanic.png

Just giggle to yourselves... Hockey sticks are out. Looks like farm sickles (scyths? ) are in...

Last edited:
So it seems that some are willing to go with something that has a by product that has a half life of 5000 years stored in containers that are estimated to last 100 years.

The longer the half life the less you have to worry about it. Strontium 90 has a half life of 28 years. Iodine 131 has a half life of 8 days. Guess which one is dangerous? Guess which one will have disappeared in 100 years.

Please don't derail this thread over this.. But I ran across this doing some work for Abraham over at ThinkProgress.. Truly (not just a figment of speech) LMAOff.. STILL can't find it..

No explanation required..

flacaltenn-albums-charts-picture6203-agwpanic.png

Just giggle to yourselves... Hockey sticks are out. Looks like farm sickles (scyths? ) are in...

That's hilarious! Thank you for risking life and limb to bring it to us!:lol:

So it seems that some are willing to go with something that has a by product that has a half life of 5000 years stored in containers that are estimated to last 100 years.

I'm telling you that I am ANXIOUS to go with a fuel source that generates only 0.7 ounce of waste per household per year..

You misunderstand half-life in terms of toxic materials..

What is the "half-life" toxicity of lead, or mercury or lithium when THOSE are improperly disposed of?

It's longer than Uranium waste

What is required here is for the Fed Govt to fulfill their promise to provide a first class disposal site.. Not JUST for the power plants, but for their MOUNTAINS of LEAKING nuclear WEAPONS waste that are RIGHT now destroying Savannah River, Hanford and other TERRIBLY MAINTAINED govt sites. And for the TONS of nuclear waste generated by every hospital in the USA.

0.7 ounce... About the size of a AAA battery.. We can handle that properly. AND we could also actually REUSE IT economically if the Govt were so inclined to change the fuel reprocessing law..

Activityofuranium233.jpg

This graph says other wise.

I'm telling you that I am ANXIOUS to go with a fuel source that generates only 0.7 ounce of waste per household per year..

You misunderstand half-life in terms of toxic materials..

What is the "half-life" toxicity of lead, or mercury or lithium when THOSE are improperly disposed of?

It's longer than Uranium waste

What is required here is for the Fed Govt to fulfill their promise to provide a first class disposal site.. Not JUST for the power plants, but for their MOUNTAINS of LEAKING nuclear WEAPONS waste that are RIGHT now destroying Savannah River, Hanford and other TERRIBLY MAINTAINED govt sites. And for the TONS of nuclear waste generated by every hospital in the USA.

0.7 ounce... About the size of a AAA battery.. We can handle that properly. AND we could also actually REUSE IT economically if the Govt were so inclined to change the fuel reprocessing law..

Activityofuranium233.jpg

This graph says other wise.

I said NOTHING that contradicts those graphs.. I asked you about the "half-life" of OTHER (non-nuclear) Toxic Waste that we chuck into the general wastestream..

I deal with the anti-nuke fringe a lot. A pack of aged hippies, who have spent their whole lives hating nuclear power, and so they have too much emotionally invested to admit error. Their current thing is to blame every single thing wrong in the Pacific Ocean on Fukushima, not to mention predicting the end of the world over and over. Right now, unloading the fuel pools is now supposedly going to cause a runaway chain reaction meltdown and the end of all life on the planet. If I gently correct them, I'm called "industry shill" or "sock" or other less-savory terms.

You see the same with the denialists. After a lifetime invested in hating liberals, they're not emotionally capable of admitting the dirty liberals were right about global warming, since that would be like admitting they've been wrong for their whole life. Nothing much to do except let them die off.

Forum List

Back