James Blake attacked by 5 white officers. I guess they all look the same.

R

rdean

image11.jpg

Come on now. James Blake? The guy is so well known as a former professional Tennis player. His good looks has put him in a lot of commercials and he works on TV as a sports commentator. So he's standing outside a hotel doing a quick text, and he's slammed to the ground and surrounded by 5 white police officers. He said he could stand an apology.

Seriously, could you imagine being slammed to the ground out of the blue? Being surrounded by 5 white police officers and being handcuffed????

The 35-year-old Blake, once ranked No. 4 in the world, suffered a cut to his left elbow and bruises to his left leg as the law enforcement quintet handcuffed and held him for 15 minutes outside the Grand Hyatt.

"It was definitely scary and definitely crazy," said Blake, adding that none of the men initially identified themselves as a police officer. His right eye appeared a bit red hours later at the hotel.

The officer, who was not wearing a badge, picked Blake up and threw him down on the sidewalk, yelled at him to roll over on his face and commanded, "Don't say a word."

Blake initially didn't want to discuss the incident publicly, but felt he had an obligation to bring to light another instance of excessive police.

"I have resources to get to the bottom of this. I have a voice," Blake said. "But what about someone who doesn't have those resources and doesn't have a voice?

“The real problem is that I was tackled for no reason and that happens to a lot of people who don't have a media outlet to voice that to.”

Blake said he would like an apology from the NYPD, and wants to hear there will be repercussions for the officers involved.

EXCLUSIVE: Ex-tennis star James Blake tackled by white cops

----------------------------------------------

And so many Republicans say it's nothing. There is no racism. Blacks are imagining it and simply feeling picked on.

I remember when Lleyton Hewitt, at the US Open, pointed to a black linesman and then James Blake and said, "Same difference", suggesting the linesman was making calls in Blake's favor because they were both black..

image11.jpg

Come on now. James Blake? The guy is so well known as a former professional Tennis player. His good looks has put him in a lot of commercials and he works on TV as a sports commentator. So he's standing outside a hotel doing a quick text, and he's slammed to the ground and surrounded by 5 white police officers. He said he could stand an apology.

Seriously, could you imagine being slammed to the ground out of the blue? Being surrounded by 5 white police officers and being handcuffed????

The 35-year-old Blake, once ranked No. 4 in the world, suffered a cut to his left elbow and bruises to his left leg as the law enforcement quintet handcuffed and held him for 15 minutes outside the Grand Hyatt.

"It was definitely scary and definitely crazy," said Blake, adding that none of the men initially identified themselves as a police officer. His right eye appeared a bit red hours later at the hotel.

The officer, who was not wearing a badge, picked Blake up and threw him down on the sidewalk, yelled at him to roll over on his face and commanded, "Don't say a word."

Blake initially didn't want to discuss the incident publicly, but felt he had an obligation to bring to light another instance of excessive police.

"I have resources to get to the bottom of this. I have a voice," Blake said. "But what about someone who doesn't have those resources and doesn't have a voice?

“The real problem is that I was tackled for no reason and that happens to a lot of people who don't have a media outlet to voice that to.”

Blake said he would like an apology from the NYPD, and wants to hear there will be repercussions for the officers involved.

EXCLUSIVE: Ex-tennis star James Blake tackled by white cops

----------------------------------------------

And so many Republicans say it's nothing. There is no racism. Blacks are imagining it and simply feeling picked on.

I remember when Lleyton Hewitt, at the US Open, pointed to a black linesman and then James Blake and said, "Same difference", suggesting the linesman was making calls in Blake's favor because they were both black..

He fit the description. Are you crazy or something?

Did ANY of you read the story? He was identified as the culprit by a witness.
That's not clear. What it said was: A man who was standing near Blake was arrested in connection with the scam, police said.

He's black and was standing close to the scam artist so he must be guilty? Really? How close is close? 10 feet? 20? 50?

I love this part: Blake said none of the white cops identified themselves, including the officer who charged straight at the Harvard-educated athlete and bounced him off the E. 42nd St. concrete around noon.

Don't you?

So they tackled him instead of questioning him?
Don't bother. "Wild"man is actually a "Wild" fucking racist.
BE VERY SPECIFIC and post ANY proof of that claim about me. You are a lying piece of human garbage that makes excuses for any liberal or democrat and ignores black crime because they vote democrat. The former tennis player was NOT arrested nor held due to his race he was held due to the FACT that a WITNESS said he did it. 5 White cops did not just decide to attack some black man minding his own business. And me pointing that out is NOT RACIST you piece of shit.

That's not clear. What it said was: A man who was standing near Blake was arrested in connection with the scam, police said.

He's black and was standing close to the scam artist so he must be guilty? Really? How close is close? 10 feet? 20? 50?

I love this part: Blake said none of the white cops identified themselves, including the officer who charged straight at the Harvard-educated athlete and bounced him off the E. 42nd St. concrete around noon.

Don't you?
READ the fucking story Blake was identified as the culprit. It is in your own link.

BE VERY SPECIFIC and post ANY proof of that claim about me. You are a lying piece of human garbage that makes excuses for any liberal or democrat and ignores black crime because they vote democrat. The former tennis player was NOT arrested nor held due to his race he was held due to the FACT that a WITNESS said he did it. 5 White cops did not just decide to attack some black man minding his own business. And me pointing that out is NOT RACIST you piece of shit.
So you want me to ignore your entire posting history? :rofl:

No thanks!

Don't you?
Read your own link you dumb ass.
Blake was only in cuffs for a minute after he was misidentified by a witness during a credit card fraud investigation, police said.

So you want me to ignore your entire posting history? :rofl:

No thanks!
Ohh so I have a history. Good you should have NO PROBLEM quoting me then. Meanwhile I repeat you are FUCKING LIAR.

As to if he was tackled and why the cops are investigating. They have witnesses and probably video. So if that cop over reacted he will be fired most likely.

I see that the lying piece of human garbage has run away. I have over 37000 posts on this board surely if I am racist you can prove it.

And yet he was a black man minding his own business. If he had been white, would be have been body slammed to the pavement? Did the cop take down the name of the so called witness?

Come on, you know better than that. Just quit while you are only so far behind.

And cops wonder why they're being randomly ambushed

Retired tennis star James Blake was detained by NYPD (New York Police Department) in a case of mistaken identity.

Blake was detained by five police officers as he stood outside a Manhattan hotel. Blake suffered a cut to his left elbow and bruises to his left leg as five cops eventually held him for 15 minutes outside the Grand Hyatt Hotel.

James Blake wrongly arrested in New York

Blake further commented, “Maybe I’m naïve, but I just assumed it was someone I went to high school with or someone who was running at me to give me a big hug, so I smiled at the guy.”

We investigated ourselves and found we did nothing wrong.

In regards to the alleged improper use of force, the Police Commissioner directed the internal affairs bureau to investigate.”

And cops wonder why they're being randomly ambushed

Retired tennis star James Blake was detained by NYPD (New York Police Department) in a case of mistaken identity.

Blake was detained by five police officers as he stood outside a Manhattan hotel. Blake suffered a cut to his left elbow and bruises to his left leg as five cops eventually held him for 15 minutes outside the Grand Hyatt Hotel.

James Blake wrongly arrested in New York

Blake further commented, “Maybe I’m naïve, but I just assumed it was someone I went to high school with or someone who was running at me to give me a big hug, so I smiled at the guy.”

We investigated ourselves and found we did nothing wrong.

In regards to the alleged improper use of force, the Police Commissioner directed the internal affairs bureau to investigate.”

he was misidentified by a witness...it was an honest mistake...happens every day..

naturally he had to go for the "racist" angle..soooo tiresomely predictable...

Forum List

Back