Jack The Ripper Identified

My late grandmother on my dad's side once told me that when she was a little girl, she had a friend whose babysitter's boyfriend's uncle's friend's sister's favorite mechanic was distantly related to Jack the Ripper, and he said that it was George W. Bush's fault that Jack the Ripper even existed in the first place. :badgrin:

Last edited:
He's been 'identified' at least 10 times over just the last couple of decades by various authors, at least it seems that way, nearly all of them 'identifying' somebody different from the others. It's a perpetual favorite speculative armchair detective hobby ever since the murders were committed.

He's been 'identified' at least 10 times over just the last couple of decades by various authors, at least it seems that way, nearly all of them 'identifying' somebody different from the others. It's a perpetual favorite speculative armchair detective hobby ever since the murders were committed.
Read. The. Link.

Read. The. Link.

I've read about the DNA tests elsewhere, before this post. It's not going to stop the hobby from going onward.

It seems odd that DNA would still be reliable after all these years, especially considering that there was obviously no attempt to preserve the integrity of the DNA.

It seems odd that DNA would still be reliable after all these years, especially considering that there was obviously no attempt to preserve the integrity of the DNA.

As long as the DNA does not rot it can last hundreds and even thousands of years or at least pieces of it that can be reassembled.

As long as the DNA does not rot it can last hundreds and even thousands of years or at least pieces of it that can be reassembled.
Yeah, I suppose they occasionally get dinosaur or other ancient mammal DNA now that I think about it.

Forum List

Back