Jack Conway, BP's choice for Senate in Kentucky

Kevin_Kennedy

Defend Liberty
Aug 27, 2008
Jack Conway has received more money from BP than any other candidate running in this election cycle, bringing in $9600 for his campaign from BP. His attempt to smear Rand Paul as the candidate in bed with BP certainly rings a little hollow in light of this information.

BP: Recipients | OpenSecrets

Not to mention that Jack's brother-in-law worked for BP when he made a $2300 donation to President Obama's campaign, and now denies that he worked for BP since it's politically unpopular now that Jack is running for Senate.

Did Jack Conway’s brother work for BP or not? His $2300 donation to Obama claimed he did. | CapitalistBanner.com

I note that all those interested in smearing Rand don't appear to be as interested in Conway's blatant hypocrisy.

$9600 in donations is not that much money to be ''bought'' with....in fact it ain't nothin' and i am no bp cheerleader

I was wondering when the Republicans were going to start running against Big Oil.

Just remember.

Rand Paul - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

On May 20, 2010 in the wake of largest offshore oil spill in United States history, Paul called president Obama "un-American" for critizing BP instead of acknowledging that "accidents happen".[78]

Which is a lie. Rand said the rhetoric of the administration, such as saying "keep our boots on their throats," was un-American.

$9600 in donations is not that much money to be ''bought'' with....in fact it ain't nothin' and i am no bp cheerleader

But when you're criticizing your opponent as being the candidate in bed with BP, when you have received more money than any other candidate in the country from BP and your opponent has received none, it's quite a stretch.

I was wondering when the Republicans were going to start running against Big Oil.

Just remember.

Rand Paul - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

On May 20, 2010 in the wake of largest offshore oil spill in United States history, Paul called president Obama "un-American" for critizing BP instead of acknowledging that "accidents happen".[78]

Which is a lie. Rand said the rhetoric of the administration, such as saying "keep our boots on their throats," was un-American.
Yet it is not.

He called it un-American either way. As for Rand, I have no doubt in my mind when he gets into office that he along with the other Republicans will be in Big Oil's pocket.

Rand Paul’s campaign manager has attacked his opponent for taking bailout money, yet he is accepting money from white supremacists. The neo-nazi website Stormfront and its owner, Don Black have been actively raising funds for Rand Paul’s campaign.

OPINION: Rand Paul Must Return Neo-Nazi Campaign Donations | News One

:eusa_whistle:

Neo-Nazis have just as much right as anyone else to contribute to campaigns. I certainly do not begrudge them. It is their right to support candidates who they believe share their views, goals, and will represent them. Clearly, the expectation is for their guy to do right by them when he gets there, and frankly, there’s no reason for them to doubt that, based on the evidence.

Yet it is not.

In your opinion. What is or is not "American," in terms of rhetoric, is purely subjective. I personally don't like the term "un-American," because I think it implies that whoever you're speaking about hates America and I doubt that's the case. But to suggest that Rand Paul stated that any criticism of BP is "un-American" is a lie.

He called it un-American either way. As for Rand, I have no doubt in my mind when he gets into office that he along with the other Republicans will be in Big Oil's pocket.

As opposed to Conway, who has received more campaign contributions from BP than any other candidate in the country?

Yet it is not.

In your opinion. What is or is not "American," in terms of rhetoric, is purely subjective. I personally don't like the term "un-American," because I think it implies that whoever you're speaking about hates America and I doubt that's the case. But to suggest that Rand Paul stated that any criticism of BP is "un-American" is a lie.
Yes, in my opinion. And quite frankly I had enough from the "conservatives" claiming people were unAmerican. You'd think Rand Paul would have too...he's a doosh, no offense.

As opposed to Conway, who has received more campaign contributions from BP than any other candidate in the country?

I have no thought in my mind that both candidate would be bought lock, stock, and barrel once they reach office. The fact you think Rand Paul is untouchable from this sort of thing is hilarious though.

Rand Paul’s campaign manager has attacked his opponent for taking bailout money, yet he is accepting money from white supremacists. The neo-nazi website Stormfront and its owner, Don Black have been actively raising funds for Rand Paul’s campaign.

Neo-Nazis have just as much right as anyone else to contribute to campaigns. I certainly do not begrudge them. It is their right to support candidates who they believe share their views, goals, and will represent them. Clearly, the expectation is for their guy to do right by them when he gets there, and frankly, there’s no reason for them to doubt that, based on the evidence.

IF that's true then Rand should obviously not accept any donation from them, the same way his father shouldn't have accepted any donations from them. I've said that before.

Do you agree that Jack Conway is a hypocrite?

I have no thought in my mind that both candidate would be bought lock, stock, and barrel once they reach office. The fact you think Rand Paul is untouchable from this sort of thing is hilarious though.

Well in my opinion it would be the candidate who is actually receiving money from BP that we need to worry about, not the one who has received zero money from them. If I end up being wrong about Rand then I'll be wrong. It's happened before, and it'll happen again I'm sure.

IF that's true then Rand should obviously not accept any donation from them, the same way his father shouldn't have accepted any donations from them. I've said that before.

Do you agree that Jack Conway is a hypocrite?
I don't know the whole story, but if he is criticizing BP while accepting donations then yes, he is.

Oh, and this is false. Don Black never donated to Rand Paul's campaign according to the FEC.

Forum List

Back