Zone1 I've Reached That Point Where I Have To Place My Wife In A Assisted Living Facility Focusing On Memory Treatment

mudwhistle

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Jul 21, 2009
Headmaster's Office, Hogwarts
It's going to cost me roughly $4000/mo to put my wife in a clean and safe facility so that she can live out her last years in an environment that is conducive for her health and mine.

Today I felt like I was gonna have a heart attack.

I think I've found a place about 3 miles away from my house. A place I've driven by often.

We'll see how everything turns out.....but I'm just about at the end of my rope.

It's going to cost me roughly $4000/mo to put my wife in a clean and safe facility so that she can live out her last years in an environment that is conducive for her health and mine.

I think I've found a place about 3 miles away from my house. A place I've driven by often.

We'll see how everything turns out.....but I'm just about at the end of my rope.
You have my prayers and bless you for taking care of your wife. You have my profound respect. Hang in there. Caretaking takes it's toll stay healthy.

I had to find a place for my mother God rest her soul so I know a bit of what you are up against... I'm so sorry to hear this and I will keep you in my prayers...

Good luck to you both

If you ever need to vent or talk you can come to us Mud.....

So sorry to read this. I dealt with my mother's mental deterioration in her final years. It's good your wife is in a safe place set up to deal with her conditions.

i am so sorry to hear that...you are beginning a hard long road...my mother lasted 10 years with dementia ...

best wishes for you both...remember its one day at a time and i am sorry to say this....one day you will walk in and she will not know you....the shock will tear at you...

seems a few of us have gone thru this and i assure you mudd we will be more emphatic than you may expect....i am so sorry you are going thru this...my husband is facing this now...i have never seen him feel so hopeless

I hope the best for you both. That is tough.

I'm sorry to hear that, Mudwhistle. Hang in there, man.

Forum List

Back