I've Moved To Two Thirds Equities

Cammmpbell

Sep 13, 2011
In 2011 I was essentially in cash and low yield bonds. The last week of December I moved to two thirds equities and one third low yield bonds. My portfolio is up 11% in less than 2 months. I believe the market has the European calamity already priced in and I believe any large institution already knows what they will do if Greece falls on it's face. I feel sure they've also factored in further trouble in Spain and Italy.

Last edited:
Demand for equities has been artificially created by ridiculously low interest rates, meaning little return in other investment products. Not to mention if the euro collapses, that makes the dollar stronger which is bad for stocks as it makes them more expensive to foreign investors. Congrats on your returns but they're only paper until you close your position.

Demand for equities has been artificially created by ridiculously low interest rates, meaning little return in other investment products. Not to mention if the euro collapses, that makes the dollar stronger which is bad for stocks as it makes them more expensive to foreign investors. Congrats on your returns but they're only paper until you close your position.

I've had money in stocks and bonds since 1966......I at least know how it works. In 1968 I took enough profit to buy the first second car my family ever had...a little Chevy Nova. In 2008 when the market first began to drop I moved everything out of equities. I told my advisor that I didn't want to be the last man out. He laughed and took me out that day. I'll admit I got back in a little too soon but actually ended up turning a good profit from the big decline.

I can't imagine with all the cash on the sidelines that this market won't grow at least through the next two quarters. Surely there are some others out there who are as greedy as Me :)

Last edited:
In 2011 I was essentially in cash and low yield bonds. The last week of December I moved to two thirds equities and one third low yield bonds. My portfolio is up 11% in less than 2 months. I believe the market has the European calamity already priced in and I believe any large institution already knows what they will do if Greece falls on it's face. I feel sure they've also factored in further trouble in Spain and Italy.

My guess is you've done so right near an intermediate term top.

My guess is you've done so right near an intermediate term top.

I called advisor about an hour ago. COB today half of equity holdings back into income opportunities type funds. I'm too old and too nervous for all this euro and energy variable shit.

Got physical Gold and Silver on hand?

Why is it so many people still insist on investing in fiat currencies and other PAPER products?

Gold and silver are the ONLY investments that will survive the coming worldwide economic meltdown.

I guess all that paper will come in handy for starting fires and wiping your butts.

Why don't you move to Tehran, asswipe.

Heard on Bloomberg Radio this morning that tonight Jim Chanos (Big short fundy) will say that he's VERY bearish on China that it is a financial house of cards in worse shape than Fannie and Freddie and is headed for a fall that will last a generation

Heard on Bloomberg Radio this morning that tonight Jim Chanos (Big short fundy) will say that he's VERY bearish on China that it is a financial house of cards in worse shape than Fannie and Freddie and is headed for a fall that will last a generation

Freddie and Fannie. I love it the way you folks completely ignore JPMorgan, Bank of America, Citigroup Inc. (C), Wells Fargo & Co. (WFC), Goldman Sachs Group Inc. (GS) AIG and Morgan Stanley which were so loaded with toxic assets from nothing except their greed and thirst for easy profits that Bush, Bernanke and Paulson gave them nearly a trillion dollars and didn't even specify how it was to be used. Not a banker missed a bonus or a raise. They continued to take meeting trips to luxurious resorts and always traveled by their bank owned jets. What a goddamed farce that was pulled over the tax paying citi ens of this great republic. Fannie and Freddie LMAO!!

The Troubled Asset Relief Program (TARP) is a program of the United States government to purchase assets and equity from financial institutions to strengthen its financial sector that was signed into law by U.S. President George W. Bush on October 3, 2008. It was a component of the government's measures in 2008 to address the subprime mortgage crisis.

The TARP program originally authorized expenditures of $700 billion and was expected to cost the U.S. taxpayers as much as $300 billion. By March 3, 2011, the Congressional Budget Office (CBO) stated that total disbursements would be $432 billion and estimated the total cost would be $19 billion.

Of the $245 billion handed to U.S. and foreign banks, over $169 billion has been paid back, including $13.7 billion in dividends, interest and other income, along with $4 billion in warrant proceeds as of April 2010. AIG is considered "on track" to pay back $51 billion from divestitures of two units and another $32 billion in securities.

Conversely, taxpayer bailouts to the housing finance giants Fannie and Freddie hit $183 billion through the end of December.

The Federal Housing Finance Agency inherited legal bills when it took Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac under conservatorship in 2008. And the total bill could be even higher since the inspector general report focused on only one particular legal case against Fannie Mae, and isn't an exhaustive account of the housing giants' legal bills, reportedly more than $160 million, according to a 2011 congressional hearing.

NONE of this will be paid back and the legal bills defending the crooks that ran these agencies keep going up.

I call Bull. As much as some people want China to be in trouble, the odds are its virtually impossible. They have been averaging 9-10% growth for the past 30 years. Any financial problem is outgrown in about 3 years. The own close to 2 Trillion in US securities and probably the same in US businesses. So 4 trillion in liquidity that they can use at any time. Their banks are at a 4-1 loan to cash ratio where in the US its 8-1 or 9-1.
Simply put, if the US had 10% GDP growth per year, even Obama couldn't spend enough to cause a financial problem.

]to cammpbell please keep giving us your wisdom and dont let the negative comments stop you.

The market disagrees with you on Greece and the rest of Europe. Over 200 point drop in the Dow today.

Forum List

Back