I've been to a dark place...

Friend of mine down south lives in an over 55 age community but is still strong himself. He goes door to door in that community (about a 100 houses) and asks if anything needs helped with today. He does it free. Most insist on paying him what little they can. Sometimes he gets home with 20 bucks. Sometimes 100 bucks, sometimes more than that although that was not his goal to get money. Just help someone else. However, the money they insist on him taking does help him pay the utilities and buy food.

Go door to door. Offer your help. And get a dog.

I feel like I've just returned from a dark place, spiritually, physically, mentally; like I've crawled out from an abyss. It's hard to explain really. I think it was about a month or so ago when I noticed how my anger had been getting the best of me, where I had been lashing out at my friends (especially theDoctorisIn) and foes alike in this forum, and my grandmother here.

I had begun questioning my faith, fighting with my moral standards. I was giving in to hatred. My self restraint had been slipping away. I began worrying about what people thought of me. I started acting like an extremist again. The objectivity I strove to maintain was slowly getting away from me. It was getting pretty dark for me at that point.

But I have returned from that dark place, seeking the light which guided my path. And while I'm sure there are those who don't really care one way or another, or those who would accost me for making "another apology thread", but I feel compelled to ask for forgiveness if I've hurt anyone with things I've said or implied over the past couple of months. Yeah, I know, this is just a forum. But I know for a fact that you are all living, breathing people out there on the other end of this internet connection, so sometimes words do matter.

I guessed it was only after Muhammad Ali passed away the night before last that I really, truly came back. I want to have the same indomitable spirit as Ali had, and will adopt him as a role model to help me fight my inner demons. I really don't have many role models to be certain, but he will a big one. I take my leave of you now.

Fare thee well.
The internet can hurt as much as it helps. Brother, fare well , Don't take any of this junk seriously as your own life experiences.

Then an anonymous message board on the internet is not the answer, hun.

I know it isn't.

As you've posted this thread, it appears to me that you spend far too much time playing games and messing around on the computer instead of developing a real world life.

You see, I was diagnosed as being bipolar not long ago, and as a result that shot any hopes of me finding a good job (and developing a "real world life") out the window. Now the only thing I have now is that I'm currently deep in the application process of SSI right now, and applying for government assistance was the last thing I wanted to do.
You are making excuses to avoid responsibility. If you properly medicated and follow doctor's orders then there is no reason why you cannot lead a half way normal life.

Forum List

Back