I've been to a dark place...

You need to seek help, TK. You are suffering a major case of depression BIG time.

Gracie, I've been seeking help for almost 4 years now, with modest results. I've been seeing counselors and taking medications. But while I wait for help and my next dose, I have to wrestle with my emotions in between.

I'm an avid gamer, and I post actively here. I binge watch TV shows on Hulu or Netflix simply for a kick of nostalgia. I make art and do chores around the house. These are all things my counselors have suggested I do. Engage the body and the mind, that way I have no time to feel depressed or angry. Doesn't seem like any of that is helping though.

I think it would help you to get out of the house and to get some exercise in nature (i.e. a walk in a park).

I do that too. I do everything I can to get my mind off of it. But it's just in those idle times, those times of inactivity where I can't seem to shake it.

Do you have a meditation or prayer practice?

You need to seek help, TK. You are suffering a major case of depression BIG time.

Gracie, I've been seeking help for almost 4 years now, with modest results. I've been seeing counselors and taking medications. But while I wait for help and my next dose, I have to wrestle with my emotions in between.

I'm an avid gamer, and I post actively here. I binge watch TV shows on Hulu or Netflix simply for a kick of nostalgia. I make art and do chores around the house. These are all things my counselors have suggested I do. Engage the body and the mind, that way I have no time to feel depressed or angry. Doesn't seem like any of that is helping though.

I think it would help you to get out of the house and to get some exercise in nature (i.e. a walk in a park).

I do that too. I do everything I can to get my mind off of it. But it's just in those idle times, those times of inactivity where I can't seem to shake it.

Do you have a meditation or prayer practice?

I pray and listen to various types of music (my form of meditation). I attend church on Wednesday nights, too, where I hope the fellowship will do me some good.

Frankly I'm at a loss here. It just won't go away. I was diagnosed as being bipolar not long ago, and as a result that shot any hopes of me finding a good job out the window. I'm currently deep in the application process of SSI right now, and I just want others to know how I can no longer seek employment anymore due to the restrictions placed on me by the government, as such they know nothing of my employment situation. Applying for government assistance was the last thing I wanted to do.

Frankly I'm at a loss here. It just won't go away.

Then an anonymous message board on the internet is not the answer, hun.

As you've posted this thread, it appears to me that you spend far too much time playing games and messing around on the computer instead of developing a real world life. But I'm not a therapist and don't know you, so like all free advice, it's only worth the price.

Frankly I'm at a loss here. It just won't go away. I was diagnosed as being bipolar not long ago, and as a result that shot any hopes of me finding a good job out the window. I'm currently deep in the application process of SSI right now, and I just want others to know how I can no longer seek employment anymore due to the restrictions placed on me by the government, as such they know nothing of my employment situation. Applying for government assistance was the last thing I wanted to do.
I have a cousin that bi-polar and gainfully employed. In fact many people with that diagnosis are gainfully employed. And didn't you post that same claim over two years ago, that you just found out?

Then an anonymous message board on the internet is not the answer, hun.

I know it isn't.

As you've posted this thread, it appears to me that you spend far too much time playing games and messing around on the computer instead of developing a real world life.

You see, I was diagnosed as being bipolar not long ago, and as a result that shot any hopes of me finding a good job (and developing a "real world life") out the window. Now the only thing I have now is that I'm currently deep in the application process of SSI right now, and applying for government assistance was the last thing I wanted to do.

At one time in my life it took 16 hour days 7 days a week working to forget my depression...

I have a cousin that bi-polar and gainfully employed.

Congratulations. But couple being that with having serious anger problems, and you get someone who is prone to sudden and severe outbursts of anger, who is a potential safety risk to others around him. So, if I weren't all of the above, the last thing I would be doing is pouring my heart out here on an anonymous internet forum. I'd be doing something with myself.

And didn't you post that same claim over two years ago, that you just found out?

I've been bipolar for at least two years, yes. Was manic depressive two years before that. Not long ago for me I guess, given how little occurs in my life at the moment.

At one time in my life it took 16 hour days 7 days a week working to forget my depression...

I see...

I have a cousin that bi-polar and gainfully employed.

Congratulations. But couple being that with having serious anger problems, and you get someone who is prone to sudden and severe outbursts of anger, who is a potential safety risk to others around him. So, if I weren't all of the above, the last thing I would be doing is pouring my heart out here on an anonymous internet forum.

And didn't you post that same claim over two years ago, that you just found out?

I've been bipolar for at least two years, yes. Was manic depressive two years before that. Not long ago for me I guess, given how little occurs in my life at the moment.
Manic depression IS bi-polar. Maybe you should get an actual diagnosis from a non-quack. Also, severe anger issues are a manifestation of being bi-polar.

It is a shame that if your hero trump becomes president there will be even less help available for mental health.

Manic depression IS bi-polar. Maybe you should get an actual diagnosis from a non-quack. Also, severe anger issues are a manifestation of being bi-polar.

Well, when all I can afford are state funded psychiatrists (which are free of charge, at least to me), I'm bound to get someone who is a "quack." That isn't helping either.

Last edited:
Not that I believe you.

You don't have to. To be frank, I'm not particularly interested in whether you do or not. I'm not asking anyone here to believe me. You would have to personally know me to understand the problems I'm encountering, and I doubt you would care to.

All I'm doing is reaching out for help, since nothing I'm doing right now seems to be working.

Last edited:

I see...
And pot helps, a lot...more than any pill they ever gave me....

I see...

As low as I am right now, I'm not that low.

I see...

Are you like a 1950's scooped vehicle or a 2010 pneumatic low rider?

I see...

Are you like a 1950's scooped vehicle or a 2010 pneumatic low rider?
Well, since you put it that way:

Lowrider-style2.jpg

Well, when all I can afford are state funded psychiatrists (which are free of charge, at least to me), I'm bound to get someone who is a "quack." That isn't helping either.
So see a different one. There is no way a psyche would tell you that those three things are not the same. This is why people know you are just a troll.

Not that I believe you.

You don't have to. To be frank, I'm not particularly interested in whether you do or not. I'm not asking anyone here to believe me. You would have to personally know me to understand the problems I'm encountering, and I doubt you would care to.

All I'm doing is reaching out for help, since nothing I'm doing right now seems to be working.
You aren't reaching out for help. You are excusing yourself from making goals. If this were true.

So see a different one. There is no way a psyche would tell you that those three things are not the same. This is why people know you are just a troll.

So what am I supposed to do, cycle through countless psychiatrists before I find one that tells me what's actually wrong with me? I'm relying on a extremely dysfunctional state mental health system right now, so I can't get a clear answer out of anyone.

Forum List

Back