I've Been Shot

UPDATE: I suppose I will post this though I have no idea if there is any connection at all, but after getting the shot about a week ago, until a couple days ago, I noticed the backs of my hands and maybe the tops of my feet sore. Even light touch of the skin on the backs of my hands was very tender, but it is gone now.

With the 2nd Moderna shot, my reaction was extreme.
11 hours later my feet and hands got suddenly ice cold, followed by convulsive shivering to the point I could not stand or walk.
Then throwing up every 4 hours all night.
Then a week of fever, weakness, etc.
Finally 3 weeks of headach, fog, etc.
With my feet it is not the tops but the bottoms next to the toes, and it is not tenderness, but the opposite, numbness.
Still there for over a month.

With the 2nd Moderna shot, my reaction was extreme.
11 hours later my feet and hands got suddenly ice cold, followed by convulsive shivering to the point I could not stand or walk.
Then throwing up every 4 hours all night.
Then a week of fever, weakness, etc.
Finally 3 weeks of headach, fog, etc.
With my feet it is not the tops but the bottoms next to the toes, and it is not tenderness, but the opposite, numbness.
Still there for over a month.
Congratulations you're one in a million. I had the Moderna vaccine and had no side effects , not even a sore arm.

I might have expected as much from you, childlike mentality that you are. I should have known that my word was not good enough for a person like you, but one thing you've failed to learn about me here is that I'm the one person here you should never assume is ever bluffing.

Here is the consent section of the covid form I had to sign, minus the name of my pharmacy:

Screen Shot 2021-08-01 at 4.01.40 PM.png

Originally covid-19 had a mortality rate of about 0,018%, but by keeping it around over 10 times longer than it should have been around, they increased the mortality rate by a factor of 10, but it still is lower than 0.18%.

More people are killed every year by medical mistakes than by covid-19.
:cuckoo:

I disagree.
There is only a short period like a day or 2 when a person may be infectious but not yet symptomatic, so you don't need tests. You just quarantine anyone with the symptoms, and do contract tracing for those before the symptoms. Training, equipment, and masks are not at all needed.
All that was required was the will to stop travelers.
And that was not the fault of Trump, but the courts who overruled him.

But again, full quarantine was only 1 of many possible ways to end it last March.
Another would have been accelerated infection, variolation, to deprive the epidemic of easy local hosts.
Using young and healthy volunteers, the death rate would have been a tenth what it ended up.
I say the biggest problem in March 2020 is that we were not prepared at the federal level, the state level, or any level. I live in Washington just few miles from the Life Care Center Nursing Home where the first cases were reported. What occurred is best describable as a Chinese Fire Drill.(I suppose that's an inappropriate phrase but it really described what was going on). People were running around not knowing what to do. Of course no one knew for sure it was Corvid and the CDC didn't provide information as to how to find out for a couple of days I think it took at least a day to call the CDC and they didn't show up for a couple of days. And when they did, it seemed like they were there to just gather information. There was no one testing anyone and no one to do testing and quarantining. I think it took several days to lockdown the nursing home. After a week had past they started a contact search. However, that was way too late. There were about a hundred patients and just about everyone of them had visits from love ones and friends before the lockdown. Add to that about 40 employees that worked there and a couple of dozen outside service people plus temporary help There had at to be at least 150 or 200 people that should have been tested/quarantined right away but it didn't happen. When it did, there were no working test kits and they couldn't get masks from the feds, etc, etc....

Considering the amount of people in the CDC that are devoted to epidemic response and research, we should have hit the ground running like South Korea.

Last edited:
I got my Modera shots at Walmart and the consent form warned that the vaccine was not FDA approved, and waived your rights to sue if anything went wrong.
When I got the Pfizer vaccine, I don't remember anything about waving my right to sue. There was probably a notice that the FDA approval was emergence use.

I might have expected as much from you, childlike mentality that you are. I should have known that my word was not good enough for a person like you, but one thing you've failed to learn about me here is that I'm the one person here you should never assume is ever bluffing.

Here is the consent section of the covid form I had to sign, minus the name of my pharmacy:

View attachment 520041
OMFG

You can still go after the drug company that produced the vaccine so what if you can't sue the guy who gave you the shot?

You didn't sign away any rights

I say the biggest problem in March 2020 is that we were not prepared at the federal level, the state level, or any level. I live in Washington just few miles from the Life Care Center Nursing Home where the first cases were reported. What occurred is best describable as a Chinese Fire Drill.(I suppose that's an inappropriate phrase but it really described what was going on). People were running around not knowing what to do. Of course no one knew for sure it was Corvid and the CDC didn't provide information as to how to find out for a couple of days I think it took at least a day to call the CDC and they didn't show up for a couple of days. And when they did, it seemed like they were there to just gather information. There was no one testing anyone and no one to do testing and quarantining. I think it took several days to lockdown the nursing home. After a week had past they started a contact search. However, that was way too late. There were about a hundred patients and just about everyone of them had visits from love ones and friends before the lockdown. Add to that about 40 employees that worked there and a couple of dozen outside service people plus temporary help There had at to be at least 150 or 200 people that should have been tested/quarantined right away but it didn't happen. When it did, there were no working test kits and they couldn't get masks from the feds, etc, etc....

Considering the amount of people in the CDC that are devoted to epidemic response and research, we should have hit the ground running like South Korea.

Not prepared? More like chaos. Read "I Alone Can Fix It" and you will see just how bad the Administration handled this.

OMFG You can still go after the drug company that produced the vaccine

I related this story to a doctor friend of mine and this is what he had to say:

"The larger group to which I belong has an Infectious Disease guy who tracks some of this stuff. He gave our corporate administration a heads-up that something wasn't quite right around December 2019 (if I can correctly remember the story as I was told). So the organization was making at least tentative plans for what to do if the whole thing blew up on us. It was of limited benefit but at least some - and he was effectively ahead of the CDC on this.

Obiden had effectively depleted all the federal reserves of equipment and gear for handling this kind of situation never replenishing it from the virus that attacked us a decade ago, and Trump's administration had not yet recognized the need to correct for the deficit so we were still ill-equipped to handles something as big as Covid.

And then the Chinese were lying to us and not steering us in the right direction. It doesn't help that they had (under the Bush administration IIRC) thrown out the wisdom of decades and centuries about what to do in a pandemic.

You had our supposedly best and brightest spouting the nonsense that China had the right approach and was giving us the straight story about the origin of the Covid-19 virus. It was clearly poppycock since the Chinese couldn't come up with a consistent story or one that fit anywhere close to reality.

I think it was best understood as a bioweapon which the Chinese inadvertently released into their population and purposefully released to the rest of the world. It may not have even been designed to be a bioweapon but when they deliberately sent their people to the USA and other destinations they made it a bioweapon nevertheless.

It is not clear to me that South Korea did it all that much better. It's a very different society and you can't do the same here as you can there. IIRC, the South Koreans were doing a bunch of contact tracing which was utterly useless around here as we probably had community spread in this area as early as
November or December of 2019. Once you have community spread, contact tracing is pretty much laughable but that didn't stop state and local governments from spending huge amounts of money to do that. Interestingly, not a one of my many patients who had Covid-19 and had that fact reported were ever contacted for contact tracing.

So you see, there really wasn't anything Trump or anyone else could have much done. The mistakes made early on by the fed when the virus first came to the USA, the delays, confusion, and lack of contact tracing pretty much guaranteed the eventual spread of the bug among all the population by not nipping it in the bud and containing it when they could have, followed by not stopping travel from Europe as well amid all the angst started over stopping it coming in directly from China, which many deemed xenophobic."

Irrelevant.
They do not know how the immune system works, they do not know why the immune system is killing people with allergic over reactions, they do not know if the vaccines work, they do not know why the vaccines are not making the allergic reactions worse, and they do not know if the vaccines will increase deadly allergic reactions in the future with covid or other coronaviruses.

There are good reasons the FDA has not approved these risky vaccines.
You mean the former president's vaccines....

I related this story to a doctor friend of mine and this is what he had to say:

"The larger group to which I belong has an Infectious Disease guy who tracks some of this stuff. He gave our corporate administration a heads-up that something wasn't quite right around December 2019 (if I can correctly remember the story as I was told). So the organization was making at least tentative plans for what to do if the whole thing blew up on us. It was of limited benefit but at least some - and he was effectively ahead of the CDC on this.

Obiden had effectively depleted all the federal reserves of equipment and gear for handling this kind of situation never replenishing it from the virus that attacked us a decade ago, and Trump's administration had not yet recognized the need to correct for the deficit so we were still ill-equipped to handles something as big as Covid.

And then the Chinese were lying to us and not steering us in the right direction. It doesn't help that they had (under the Bush administration IIRC) thrown out the wisdom of decades and centuries about what to do in a pandemic.

You had our supposedly best and brightest spouting the nonsense that China had the right approach and was giving us the straight story about the origin of the Covid-19 virus. It was clearly poppycock since the Chinese couldn't come up with a consistent story or one that fit anywhere close to reality.

I think it was best understood as a bioweapon which the Chinese inadvertently released into their population and purposefully released to the rest of the world. It may not have even been designed to be a bioweapon but when they deliberately sent their people to the USA and other destinations they made it a bioweapon nevertheless.

It is not clear to me that South Korea did it all that much better. It's a very different society and you can't do the same here as you can there. IIRC, the South Koreans were doing a bunch of contact tracing which was utterly useless around here as we probably had community spread in this area as early as
November or December of 2019. Once you have community spread, contact tracing is pretty much laughable but that didn't stop state and local governments from spending huge amounts of money to do that. Interestingly, not a one of my many patients who had Covid-19 and had that fact reported were ever contacted for contact tracing.

So you see, there really wasn't anything Trump or anyone else could have much done. The mistakes made early on by the fed when the virus first came to the USA, the delays, confusion, and lack of contact tracing pretty much guaranteed the eventual spread of the bug among all the population by not nipping it in the bud and containing it when they could have, followed by not stopping travel from Europe as well amid all the angst started over stopping it coming in directly from China, which many deemed xenophobic."
I'm not particularly concerned about about whether the Chinese lied or withheld information nor whether the virus was released due to a lab accident or came from a wet market. We got the same information at same time as the rest of the world. Yet our response was far below what one expected for the a nation who spends hundreds of millions of dollars in viral and epidemic research and who works in over 60 countries assisting in controlling epidemics and preventing them. Prior to the pandemic, a study at John Hopkins rated the US #1 in the world at being able to respond to a pandemic. However that study was based strictly on numbers of hospitals beds, research labs, numbers epidemiologists, etc. It ignore the nations lack of planning at all levels.

I think the major problem is the US leadership never believe and epidemic of this proportion would ever hit the US. For over a hundred years, epidemics of this proportion hit poor undeveloped countries, not the United States. Thus at the federal level and state state level there was no real plan to deal with a nationwide epidemic. The pandemic response team was organized about the same time the first case arrived in the US.

For people who have not worked in government they don't appreciate the need for planning and delegation of tasks, not at the just the top level but all the way down the chain of command both in federal and state goverment. Prior to corvid, the mention of epidemic in a state health dept. meant lice in the schools, or maybe a measles case, or a case of meningitis. The states had to hire and and train people to do contact tracing, testing, and quarantining. What was missing in those early critical days of the pandemic was a a fast response team trained to do this.

Last edited:

Yes.
Full quarantine right from the start would likely have been best, since that would have ended it in less than a month, and had the least deaths.

Second choice in my opinion should have been immuno suppressants, since the virus itself was relatively harmless, and it was only the allergic immune response that was killing people. That includes drugs like Fluvoxamine, Ivermectin, quinine, etc.

Third strategy that would have ended it in less than a month with few deaths would have been deliberate variolation of those volunteers likely to survive.
Like under 40, who are 400 times less likely to die then those over 70.

There are even more possible strategies, but "flattening the curve" is not one of them. That can not end any epidemic, prevents any epidemic from ending, and makes any epidemic much worse.

When I got the Pfizer vaccine, I don't remember anything about waving my right to sue. There was probably a notice that the FDA approval was emergence use.

There is no such thing as FDA approval for emergency use.
The normal process is for full FDA approval after full testing.
Without full testing any drug is illegal to take or give normally, and all you can do is apply for a waiver, which is Emergency Use Authorization.
That is just a legal loophole that says you won't be arrested for using an unapproved drug.
It does not at all in any way imply any form of approval, which would mean a recommendation.
If you take a drug under EUA, you can't sue.
You have given up any maker liability at all.

OMFG

You can still go after the drug company that produced the vaccine so what if you can't sue the guy who gave you the shot?

You didn't sign away any rights

Wrong. The waiver clearly prevents any liability damages.
The makers is not the one liable for deciding to inject you, the company that injects you is.
The whole point of these waivers is to sign away all rights, and that is exactly what they do.
The chain of supply is listed, and that includes the maker.

You mean the former president's vaccines....

Yes, these are Trump vaccines, and Trump has not only supported them, but was also vaccinated.
Those claiming this is right vs left are just lying.
Those against the vaccines are logical and scientific, while those pushing the vaccines are political and ignorant.

Forum List

Back