It's Time for a US Naval Blockade of North Korea Ports

Yeah, let's start yet another trillion dollar meaningless military escapade.

It's not meaningless. It eliminates the nuclear threat from NK against us and our allies

-Geaux
What we need to do is the largest missile strike ever seen. Saturate both the northern and southern borders with Moab's and nuke the center. That would help in not drowning non combatants in nuke dust. Done under cover of a huge storm would be nice. All launches would take place over three days.

It's not meaningless. It eliminates the nuclear threat from NK against us and our allies

-Geaux
What we need to do is the largest missile strike ever seen. Saturate both the northern and southern borders with Moab's and nuke the center. That would help in not drowning non combatants in nuke dust. Done under cover of a huge storm would be nice. All launches would take place over three days.
Nuke sites in Korea are in Hardened Bunkers.......and mobile launch platforms..............they would have to be destroyed at the onset of the fight.

And you would have to take out all the artillery positions in range of Seoul immediately as well.............or the lead would rain down on Seoul and kill countless South Koreans.....................a massive attack drone attack could do that very quickly if we wanted to unzip our fly and and unleash the stock pile that has only to be opened in case of War with China.

We have two similar personalities, both of whom have nuclear weapons, facing off against each other; both leaders are several bricks shy of a load. Nothing could be more dangerous than this.

It's time for President Bill Clinton to be named a special envoy and lead a non governmental effort to seek a win-win solution to an every increasing zero sum game. We might be able to use are extensive resources to assuage Kim Jong Un's belligerence by first inflating his ego, and then with goods and services with the goal of having him visit the White House for a State Dinner.

S. Korea's new leadership hopes to reduce the internecine with the North, and would likely ally with an effort to attenuate decades of mistrust between our two nations. Of course to do any of this would require that Trump be muzzled and his Tweeter Account closed.

Blockade NK through the news. Yes, it is censorship but having the MSM report their propaganda is counter productive. Has anyone noticed that NK has become the hot topic since Syria apparently has dropped off the map?

I would tell China that we have no choice. If NK launches a missile at any of our ally countries retaliation will be swift and decisive. NK will get to launch ONE missile after that they will truly be in the stone age, even if it requires nuclear weapons. I would also tell China that NK's actions are not in the economic interest of either of our countries. That I think would wake up the Chinese. The problem with that scenario is that what might happen is another Gulf of Tonkin incident.

-Geaux
Nuke sites in Korea are in Hardened Bunkers.......and mobile launch platforms..............they would have to be destroyed at the onset of the fight.

And you would have to take out all the artillery positions in range of Seoul immediately as well.............or the lead would rain down on Seoul and kill countless South Koreans.....................a massive attack drone attack could do that very quickly if we wanted to unzip our fly and and unleash the stock pile that has only to be opened in case of War with China.
A few hundred million cubic feet of nerve gas should do it.

Blockade NK through the news. Yes, it is censorship but having the MSM report their propaganda is counter productive. Has anyone noticed that NK has become the hot topic since Syria apparently has dropped off the map?

I would tell China that we have no choice. If NK launches a missile at any of our ally countries retaliation will be swift and decisive. NK will get to launch ONE missile after that they will truly be in the stone age, even if it requires nuclear weapons. I would also tell China that NK's actions are not in the economic interest of either of our countries. That I think would wake up the Chinese. The problem with that scenario is that what might happen is another Gulf of Tonkin incident.

Military action is always problematic and should never be our first response, and when needed it must be measured. Putin's an asshole but a smart and practical leader; Kim Jong Un is an asshole but he's not smart nor pragmatic. Send in the diplomats, before the generals do what generals do.

Last edited:

Military action is always problematic and should never be our first response, and when needed it must be measured. Putin's an asshole but a smart and practical leader; Kim Jong Un is an asshole but he's not smart nor pragmatic. Send in the diplomats, before the generals do what generals do.
As I said, without NK provocation I would not use military action.

"provocation" is Kim Jong Un's game. He has already shown to be belligerent, antagonistic, threatening and has the weapons and military to act without the slightest hesitation. The guy had his half-brother and his uncle murdered, he's a Shakespearean antagonist on steroids.

Send in Bill Clinton, placate Kim Jong Un and see what happens. The more Trump tweets and threats him, the greater the threat to our homes and families.

We block off all entry. We board ships enroute to NK. Allow South Korea to provide the required food etc to enter through SK ports then transported to the North to mitigate shortage of necessary products

-Geaux
-----

The United States could escalate the conflict with North Korea in a variety of ways. It could threaten to launch — or actually launch — minor or major retaliatory strikes against North Korean targets if Pyongyang conducts further missile tests or detonates additional nuclear devices.

The United States could also attempt to enforce sanctions by mounting a full naval blockade against North Korea and forcibly board ships bound for North Korean ports. These actions would require coordination with South Korea and could go far beyond what Seoul would be comfortable with.

North Korea Threat: 4 approaches Donald Trump could take
And that blockade would be doing is pointing our wrath at the wrong threat. While the administration is so bloody focused on North Korea while they play their games, who the HELL is paying attention to China? And what is China doing to HELP N. KOREA while they distract us from what China is doing toward their aim of becoming the new world power. Isn't NK's missile development strangely improving very rapidly, to say nothing of China's other "aid" over the years, but particularly now?

A Blockade is a bluff.

If someone calls your bluff...and you don't act...you're
up the creek.

If you're going to bluff somebody, your bluff, must mean something
to the folks you are bluffing.

I don't believe the Chinese and/or Russians want to risk their own
safety for No Korea.

So, if you're gonna threaten...you don't do it with a Naval Blockade.
You do it but making all parties understand that when No Korea
acquires an ICBM that can reach the Continental United States,
we will take them out. Not by sending in 200,000 troops but by
sending in 100 Nuke-tipped Missiles.

We just have to have the resolve to carry thru on our threat.

Do we think that Russia and/or China will put their Nations on the
line for North Korea? Will they respond if we strike No Korea?

Personally, I believe the answer would be no.

Whomever has the biggest pair will finally get a solution to the
North Korea problem.

You do that, and you'll have no Seoul

"provocation" is Kim Jong Un's game. He has already shown to be belligerent, antagonistic, threatening and has the weapons and military to act without the slightest hesitation. The guy had his half-brother and his uncle murdered, he's a Shakespearean antagonist on steroids.

Send in Bill Clinton, placate Kim Jong Un and see what happens. The more Trump tweets and threats him, the greater the threat to our homes and families.

North Korea has fired 18 missiles during 12 tests in 2017

That's probably more than were fired under all of Obama's watch. Trump talks a big tweet, and all that's happened is N. Korea went from 3 years away from hitting the USA to being able to by 2018

So, if you're gonna threaten...you don't do it with a Naval Blockade.
You do it but making all parties understand that when No Korea
acquires an ICBM that can reach the Continental United States,
we will take them out.
Not by sending in 200,000 troops but by
sending in 100 Nuke-tipped Missiles.

You'll have to go back in time to last week to do that.

Trump was busy tweeting about Jeff Sessions when that happened.

Last edited:

North Korea has fired 18 missiles during 12 tests in 2017

That's probably more than were fired under all of Obama's watch. Trump talks a big tweet, and all that's happened is N. Korea went from 3 years away from hitting the USA to being able to by 2018

Trump was warned by Obama that N. Korea was the most serous issue he would need to deal with. So what did Trump do, he immediately tossed gasoline on the fire. It is past time for Trump to remain Commander-in-Chief. The Joint Chiefs, the leaders from both parties in the Congress, and the Vice President need to invoke the 25th Amendment*

* Section 4. "Whenever the Vice President and a majority of either the principal officers of the executive departments or of such other body as Congress may by law provide, transmit to the President pro tempore of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Representatives their written declaration that the President is unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office, the Vice President shall immediately assume the powers and duties of the office as Acting President.

"Thereafter, when the President transmits to the President pro tempore of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Representatives his written declaration that no inability exists, he shall resume the powers and duties of his office unless the Vice President and a majority of either the principal officers of the executive department or of such other body as Congress may by law provide, transmit within four days to the President pro tempore of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Representatives their written declaration that the President is unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office. Thereupon Congress shall decide the issue, assembling within forty-eight hours for that purpose if not in session. If the Congress, within twenty-one days after receipt of the latter written declaration, or, if Congress is not in session, within twenty-one days after Congress is required to assemble, determines by two-thirds vote of both Houses that the President is unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office, the Vice President shall continue to discharge the same as Acting President; otherwise, the President shall resume the powers and duties of his office."

Trump was warned by Obama that N. Korea was the most serous issue he would need to deal with. So what did Trump do, he immediately tossed gasoline on the fire. It is past time for Trump to remain Commander-in-Chief. The Joint Chiefs, the leaders from both parties in the Congress, and the Vice President need to invoke the 25th Amendment*

Don't worry, the N. Koreans will be afraid of us, once we kick all the transgenders out of the military. That will put fear into Kim Jong Un ;)

We block off all entry. We board ships enroute to NK. Allow South Korea to provide the required food etc to enter through SK ports then transported to the North to mitigate shortage of necessary products

-Geaux
-----

The United States could escalate the conflict with North Korea in a variety of ways. It could threaten to launch — or actually launch — minor or major retaliatory strikes against North Korean targets if Pyongyang conducts further missile tests or detonates additional nuclear devices.

The United States could also attempt to enforce sanctions by mounting a full naval blockade against North Korea and forcibly board ships bound for North Korean ports. These actions would require coordination with South Korea and could go far beyond what Seoul would be comfortable with.

North Korea Threat: 4 approaches Donald Trump could take
Um....heard of the Pueblo? Because of that we have a 100 nm stand off from those crazies.

A good solid workable plan, no more of our young men & women dying for some plan thrown together with out regard to the after affects, am sure are military is looking at all aspects now, at least I hope so.

I am not sure why the Clinton love. He bombed the crap out of Serbia. Ended up killing the children at Waco. Bombed a pill factory in Iraq. I don't see where sending a serial cheater in would do any good. Although someone could go talk to the tyrant I doubt it would help.

Forum List

Back