It's the Economy, Stupid

Weatherman2020

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2013
Right coast, classified
Wage increases reported by highest number of companies in 18 years, survey finds.

WSJ: The New Tax Law Is Roaring Through U.S. Companies.
“Just weeks after the federal government adopted the biggest tax overhaul in three decades, the effects are rippling through corner offices and boardrooms, with companies large and small dusting off once-shelved plans, re-evaluating existing projects and exploring new investment in factories and equipment.”

It never gets old:
"If the question is when markets will recover, a first-pass answer is never."
Nobel Prize winner and dedicated leftard Paul Krugman, election night

It's the Economy, Stupid

I'm willing to accede that "it is the economy, stupid," but I realize too that it's also this:

It is no crime to be ignorant of economics, which is, after all, a specialized discipline and one that most people consider to be a "dismal science." But it is totally irresponsible to have a loud and vociferous opinion on economic subjects while remaining in this state of ignorance.
-- Murray N. Rothbard
What does it take to exit the state of ignorance about economics? Well, minimally, mastery of the concepts and analytical techniques one learns here (or in similar places):

Last edited:
It's the Economy, Stupid

I'm willing to accede that "it is the economy, stupid," but I realize too that it's also this:

It is no crime to be ignorant of economics, which is, after all, a specialized discipline and one that most people consider to be a "dismal science." But it is totally irresponsible to have a loud and vociferous opinion on economic subjects while remaining in this state of ignorance.
-- Murray N. Rothbard
What does it take to exit the state of ignorance about economics? Well, minimally, mastery of the concepts and analytical techniques one learns here (or in similar places):
Armageddon.

It's the Economy, Stupid

-- Murray N. Rothbard
Armageddon.

Armageddon for the Dems. I don't know what they can say in the face of this kind of positive economic growth. I don't why anybody in his/her right mind would vote democratic, they got nothing going for them right now.

Forum List

Back