It's That Time Of Year Again...

D

Dis

New Years Resolutions..

What's yours?

I'm going to quit smoking (for real this time), and make an attempt to be more "agreeable". :badgrin:

Mine is smoking too and getting back to healthy eating. The later is a simple matter, the first, well let's just say you will be very happy not to be in my class. :evil:

My resolutions are to smoke more, drink more, and eat more unhealthy foods.
I figure with as much money as I lost in the stock market this year I need to shorten my life by about 10 years so I don't outlast my retirement fund.

• Thanks
Reactions: Vel
Having attained something approaching near human perfection already, I am highly reluctant to tinker with myself.

Inappropriate humility is my only serious foible.

I keep it because it highlights my otherwise stellar personality.

I can tell you that Quitting Smoking is the single most important thing you will ever do for yourself. Bar none. I'm coming up on ten years. In September.

Quitnet.org Check it out.

No promises, but I need to exercise more.

I can tell you that Quitting Smoking is the single most important thing you will ever do for yourself. Bar none. I'm coming up on ten years. In September.

My six year anniversary comes in March. It is astounding the difference in my energy level now that I can breathe.

I'm going to try and procratinate less,and stop putting off unpleasant tasks. I am also going to spend less and save more. I want to start taking the kids on vacations before they get older and wont want to go any more.

If I said I were going to try to spend less, everyone I know would fall down laughing at me. :(

Exercise More

Be more patient

Don't go to the grocery store hungry

Be more patient with the 13 year old

Don't drive so fast

Be more patient with idiot drivers

Chew less bubble gum

Pay off almost all my bills

My resolution is to refrain from complaining about how crowded the gym is in January. I know from experience that the people who made new years resolutions to work out regularly will be gone by February, and everything will be back to normal.

I didn't have one originally, but I just enrolled in DeVry University to start a path to a new career. That alone ought to be good enough for a NY resolution.

I don't smoke cigs, and barely even drink anymore. Used to LIVE at the gym, but I'm pretty fit regardless of not going much anymore. I do calisthenics at home anyway.

Have more patience with the kids would be a good one for me, but I've been doing that recently anyway.

Wow, I don't even really need to make an actual resolution. I'm already perfect!

Last edited:
im going to start writing again. It's been a while. I'm also going to read an Ayn Rand novel even if I burn every finished page in disagreement. I think I might also start drinking more... Have more unprotected sex with bitches who look like the abortion clinic type. Smoke more, and better, weed. Go back to rolling tampon sized joints instead of using glass pipes, in fact. You know, keeping it real. I also need to finish a painting of jimi hendrix. lots of small projects like that. I keep meaning to wire together a solar powered grow light device before spring too. need to start considering what will be good to plant in Garden '09 too. The purple bell peppers were quite a novelty last year but they didn't produce big fruit. maybe some kind of melon. hmmmm.. melon.

I grew the purples this year. They're weird. They're the only colored bells that aren't actually that color, from what I've seen. When you heat them up, the purple color dissolves and they're really just green. The yellows, oranges, and reds are all actually that color inside and out.

Can you give me some info on that grow light? A diagram or something? Sounds cool. I got about an OZ out of the couple plants I grew this year. Outdoor, though. Not bad for only my second grow ever, and first since '02.

I barely smoke, though. maybe a puff at night after all the important stuff is done. grew mostly for the accomplishment factor. I can't possibly function normally when I'm high, like I used to. I used to STAY high, too.

My goal this year is to work out more with weights, the way I did in 2005. Just running is not enough to keep my muscle tone in my 40s, apparently. Dammit.

Smack me if I'm wrong, but I don't see these two necessarily going hand in hand.

Take if from someone that quit smoking COLD TURKEY, it's not fun or pretty or easy.............YIKES!

I always hated cigs and the second hand smoke, then I started waiting tables/bartending in college. EVERYONE I worked with smoked, so of course I took up the habit....got addicted, yada yada.

I tried the gum, the patch, never worked. Then, one day I just said, F-it, I'm quitting. I never touched another cig again....but whew, you wouldn't have wanted to be around me that first week or two. :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Forum List

Back