Its only OK when a Democrat does it!

speaking of intent....

Speaking of retard. Look in the mirror.
make that up yourself or did you need help?

You sure seem to be able to determine things without any proof.
you assholes provide all the proof necessary..

You mean like you when it comes to the use of a term? Gotcha
false! you ain't got shit ....another typical premature ejaculator

your post proves it correct and your grade school retort " I know you are but what am I ." is the nail in the coffin.

It's not my fault you're a ******. It's the way you were raised boy.
boy ?wow that's desperate.
I have hemorrhoids older than you ..

One of them is attached to your neck.

Boy isn't a reference to age moron.
really ? in the case it's ignorant racist false assumption about race. who's the retard again?

You mean like you can determine intent?
most smart people can, again that leave you out....thanks for playing.

I have plenty. I have you saying whether or not a term is racist isn't based on the term. That's all I need to know you're a ******.

are you a mind reader? how exactly do you determine intent?
speaking of intent....

You're all I need to know whites should have picked their own cotton instead of expecting your kind to do it.

It's not my fault you're a ******. It's the way you were raised boy.

really ? in the case it's ignorant racist false assumption about race. who's the retard again?

Interesting that you determine it in your favor. How convenient boy.

I have plenty. I have you saying whether or not a term is racist isn't based on the term. That's all I need to know you're a ******.
keep dreamin'

speaking of intent....

You're all I need to know whites should have picked their own cotton instead of expecting your kind to do it.
you think I'm black? beside being absolutely false.
you've just proven beyond doubt everything I said to be fact.:lmao::lol::piss2:

:lmao::lol:.
thanks for proving your ignorance knows no bounds..

Tuesday, January 17, 2012
The U.S. Constitution applies to citizens and non-citizens alike. Check the text.

The notion that the U.S. Constitution only protects U.S. citizens is palpably false. It is an indictment of our education system that any American could think such an outrageous thing.

The drafters of the Constitution and the Bill of Rights were educated men. They chose their words carefully. They debated over precise word choice. One can assume every word they chose was done with a purpose.

The Constitution and the first ten amendments distinguish between the concept of "people/persons" and the concept of "citizen." For example, Article I, Section 3, says "No Person shall be a Senator who shall not have attained to the Age of thirty Years, and been nine Years a Citizen of the United States...".

A "person" is therefore different from a "citizen." Everyone is a person, but only some are citizens.

This distinction is seen again in Article II, Section 1: "No Person except a natural born Citizen ... shall be eligible to the Office of President." Again, you may be a person, but you can't be President unless you are also a citizen. The drafters of the Constitution knew when they wanted it to apply to people and when they wanted it to apply only to citizens.

The first two paragraphs of Article IV, Section 2, clearly distinguish between "citizen" and "person." It reads:

The Citizens of each State shall be entitled to all Privileges and Immunities of Citizens in the several States.A Person charged in any State with Treason, Felony, or other Crime, who shall flee from Justice, and be found in another State, shall on Demand of the executive Authority of the State from which he fled, be delivered up, to be removed to the State having Jurisdiction of the Crime.
Therefore, only citizens are entitled to "privileges and immunities" but all persons charged with a crime who then cross state lines shall "be delivered up." It does not matter if you are a citizen or not if you are a fugitive. Of course that makes sense.

The point, however, is that the Constitution and its Amendments clearly distinguish between "citizen" and "persons." "Citizen" means those either born in the United States (and subject to the jurisdiction thereof) or naturalized. "Persons" and "people" mean everyone.

For instance, the First Amendment states that "Congress shall make no law ... abridging ... the right of the people peaceably to assemble...". The First Amendment therefore grants to all people the same protection against certain congressional action, regardless of citizenship status.

The Fourth Amendment, likewise, applies to the "people," and not just citizens. It reads: "The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated ...".

Likewish, the Fifth Amendment:

No person shall be held to answer for a capital, or otherwise infamous crime, ... nor shall any person be subject for the same offence to be twice put in jeopardy of life or limb; nor shall be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself, nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation.
And the Sixth Amendment:

In all criminal prosecutions, the accused [not just citizens] shall enjoy the right to a speedy and public trial, by an impartial jury of the State and district wherein the crime shall have been committed, which district shall have been previously ascertained by law, and to be informed of the nature and cause of the accusation; to be confronted with the witnesses against him; to have compulsory process for obtaining witnesses in his favor, and to have the Assistance of Counsel for his defence.
The notion that the U.S. Constitution does not apply to non-citizens is incorrect. It even applies to those in the country illegally. For instance, the government cannot keep an illegal alien locked up indefinitely. An undocumented worker will still get an attorney appointed to him if charged with a crime. I hope this little blog post helps alleviate that misconception.

BlueCarp: The U.S. Constitution applies to citizens and non-citizens alike. Check the text.

great, but no one has argued with that. the constitution applies to American citizens and any foreigner who is in the USA legally. It does not apply to non Americans in their country of citizenship.

It does not apply to "all persons" as some fool earlier claimed.

But lets give you little test. Do the rights of the US constitution apply to a Russian citizen residing in Russia?
The constitution of 1993 includes a wide range of provisions guaranteeing the civil and human rights of Russia's citizens.

we are talking about the US constitution, you moron.

The U.S. Constitution applies to citizens and non-citizens alike. Check the text.

The notion that the U.S. Constitution only protects U.S. citizens is palpably false. It is an indictment of our education system that any American could think such an outrageous thing.

The drafters of the Constitution and the Bill of Rights were educated men. They chose their words carefully. They debated over precise word choice. One can assume every word they chose was done with a purpose.

The Constitution and the first ten amendments distinguish between the concept of "people/persons" and the concept of "citizen." For example, Article I, Section 3, says "No Person shall be a Senator who shall not have attained to the Age of thirty Years, and been nine Years a Citizen of the United States...".

A "person" is therefore different from a "citizen." Everyone is a person, but only some are citizens.

This distinction is seen again in Article II, Section 1: "No Person except a natural born Citizen ... shall be eligible to the Office of President." Again, you may be a person, but you can't be President unless you are also a citizen. The drafters of the Constitution knew when they wanted it to apply to people and when they wanted it to apply only to citizens.

The first two paragraphs of Article IV, Section 2, clearly distinguish between "citizen" and "person." It reads:

The Citizens of each State shall be entitled to all Privileges and Immunities of Citizens in the several States.A Person charged in any State with Treason, Felony, or other Crime, who shall flee from Justice, and be found in another State, shall on Demand of the executive Authority of the State from which he fled, be delivered up, to be removed to the State having Jurisdiction of the Crime.
Therefore, only citizens are entitled to "privileges and immunities" but all persons charged with a crime who then cross state lines shall "be delivered up." It does not matter if you are a citizen or not if you are a fugitive. Of course that makes sense.

The point, however, is that the Constitution and its Amendments clearly distinguish between "citizen" and "persons." "Citizen" means those either born in the United States (and subject to the jurisdiction thereof) or naturalized. "Persons" and "people" mean everyone.

For instance, the First Amendment states that "Congress shall make no law ... abridging ... the right of the people peaceably to assemble...". The First Amendment therefore grants to all people the same protection against certain congressional action, regardless of citizenship status.

The Fourth Amendment, likewise, applies to the "people," and not just citizens. It reads: "The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated ...".

No person shall be held to answer for a capital, or otherwise infamous crime, ... nor shall any person be subject for the same offence to be twice put in jeopardy of life or limb; nor shall be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself, nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation.
And the Sixth Amendment:

In all criminal prosecutions, the accused [not just citizens] shall enjoy the right to a speedy and public trial, by an impartial jury of the State and district wherein the crime shall have been committed, which district shall have been previously ascertained by law, and to be informed of the nature and cause of the accusation; to be confronted with the witnesses against him; to have compulsory process for obtaining witnesses in his favor, and to have the Assistance of Counsel for his defence.
The notion that the U.S. Constitution does not apply to non-citizens is incorrect. It even applies to those in the country illegally. For instance, the government cannot keep an illegal alien locked up indefinitely. An undocumented worker will still get an attorney appointed to him if charged with a crime. I hope this little blog post helps alleviate that misconception.

BlueCarp: The U.S. Constitution applies to citizens and non-citizens alike. Check the text.

great, but no one has argued with that. the constitution applies to American citizens and any foreigner who is in the USA legally. It does not apply to non Americans in their country of citizenship.

But lets give you little test. Do the rights of the US constitution apply to a Russian citizen residing in Russia?
The constitution of 1993 includes a wide range of provisions guaranteeing the civil and human rights of Russia's citizens.

sometimes yes but you clowns keep bringing up the non sequitur does the constitution cover all people..

And the Sixth Amendment:

sometimes yes but you clowns keep bringing up the non sequitur does the constitution cover all people..

This started when one of your left wing buddies made that stupid claim that US constitutional rights applied to "all people".

It was an abjectly stupid statement and the rest of you left wingers just climbed on board without even thinking about it.

So once again, does the US constitution provide basic human rights to a Russian citizen living in Russia or a Chinese citizen living in China?

It amazes me that I even have to ask that question. I guess the defective liberal gene is wider spread than we thought.

no, you didn't say that, you specifically said the constitution was for citizens only, and you are wrong on that.... the constitution, our rules and regs, our laws apply to anyone in USA jurisdiction....so our laws and constitution applies to foreigners when on our soil, with the exception of alien diplomats and their families, who have diplomatic immunity.

AND, the first amendment keeps our government from making ANY law that establishes or prohibits (in any way), a religion.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof;

So it seems like they would be restricted in making any law that would prohibit those of the Muslim Religion from entering here...???? But I am not 100% certain....
First off Immigrants who want to come here ARE NOT ON US SOIL YET!!!!!!! So no they don't have any fucking rights. Breaking into our house doesn't give you family or visitor rights it makes you a criminal. Still YOU HAVE NO FUCKING RIGHTS. You're a criminal Trespassers shall be fucking shot.

Wow, non-Americans have no rights.

Or maybe someone needs to understand the theory of Human Rights AND the US Constitution.
The constitution is for the country America. It isn't the worlds constitution.

The US Constitution is for... wait for it.... THE US GOVERNMENT.

This is the rules the govt must abide by. Which means the US govt must abide by them at all times, regardless of whether the person they are beating up is a US citizen or not.

Human Rights theory = ALL HUMANS HAVE THESE RIGHTS.

Wrong, only US citizens have the rights and protections provided by the US constitution.

"The fact that the Framers chose to limit to citizens only the rights to vote and to run for federal office is one indication that they did not intend other constitutional rights to be so limited. Accordingly, the Supreme Court has squarely stated that neither the First Amendment nor the Fifth Amendment "acknowledges any distinction between citizens and resident aliens."13 For more than a century, the Court has recognized that the Equal Protection Clause is "universal in [its] application, to all persons within the territorial jurisdiction, without regard to differences of ... nationality."14 The Court has repeatedly stated that "the Due Process Clause applies to all 'persons' within the United States, including aliens, whether their presence here is lawful, unlawful, temporary, or permanent."15 When noncitizens, no matter what their status, are tried for crimes, they are entitled to all of the rights that attach to the criminal process, without any distinction based on their nationality."
http://scholarship.law.georgetown.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1302&context=facpub

:lmao::lol:.
thanks for proving your ignorance knows no bounds..

So typical of your kind. Intent is what YOU determine and others must accept it or be considered ignorant.

you think I'm black? beside being absolutely false.
you've just proven beyond doubt everything I said to be fact.:lmao::lol::piss2:

I said you were a ******. According to YOU in post #276, that can be someone of any race. Thanks for proving what I claimed you were.

Forum List

Back