It's Official: Clinton's Popular Vote Win Came Entirely From California

Democrats who are having trouble getting out of the first stage of grief — denial — aren't being helped by the fact that, now that all the votes are counted, Hillary Clinton's lead in the popular vote has topped 2.8 million, giving her a 48% share of the vote compared with Trumps 46%.

To those unschooled in how the United States selects presidents, this seems totally unfair. But look more closely at the numbers and you see that Clinton's advantage all but disappears.

As we noted in this space earlier, while Clinton's overall margin looks large and impressive, it is due to Clinton's huge margin of victory in one state — California — where she got a whopping 4.3 million more votes than Trump.

California is the only state, in fact, where Clinton's margin of victory was bigger than President Obama's in 2012 — 61.5% vs. Obama's 60%.

But California is the exception that proves the true genius of the Electoral College — which was designed to prevent regional candidates from dominating national elections.

(Excerpt) Read more at investors.com ...

Bullshit all the votes in California were counted on election night. The 2.8 million vote lead she has now is from overseas military ballots. She started out on election night with a 500K popular vote lead and it's grown since then because of the all the overseas military ballots that have come in. Sometimes these can take weeks to get back. She is now up around a 3 million popular vote lead.

:bsflag:
Got it! More fraud to flip military ballots for Trump to hrc.

Even when Democrats win, Conservstives don't complain about the Electoral College. Linear popular vote total determining the election is third world mentality. If Liberals are ready to toss the EC out, they are going to have to explain to small states how their votes will be equal to the large states. The EC already rewards popular vote to larger states with more EC votes (eg California).

Liberals, you lost. You ignored what was equally important in PA, OH, WI and now you are paying for it.
there is NEVER a complaint about Democratic Presidential wins because ALL democratic presidents have won BOTH, the popular vote and the electoral vote.....what is considered by many, ''a mandate''.

ONLY Republican presidents and 1 Whig I believe, have won the Presidency only through the electoral vote without the popular vote.

Democrats who are having trouble getting out of the first stage of grief — denial — aren't being helped by the fact that, now that all the votes are counted, Hillary Clinton's lead in the popular vote has topped 2.8 million, giving her a 48% share of the vote compared with Trumps 46%.

To those unschooled in how the United States selects presidents, this seems totally unfair. But look more closely at the numbers and you see that Clinton's advantage all but disappears.

As we noted in this space earlier, while Clinton's overall margin looks large and impressive, it is due to Clinton's huge margin of victory in one state — California — where she got a whopping 4.3 million more votes than Trump.

California is the only state, in fact, where Clinton's margin of victory was bigger than President Obama's in 2012 — 61.5% vs. Obama's 60%.

But California is the exception that proves the true genius of the Electoral College — which was designed to prevent regional candidates from dominating national elections.

Meanwhile, if you look at every other measure, Trump was the clear and decisive winner in this election.

Only if we consider our red States and their non, democrat voting habits.

Thank GOD, they understand democracy
^ THIS from the moron who wants Drumplethinskin to be a dictator.......:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
And BoDYKEa is the POS that wants to see America destroyed, both economically as well as morally!

Nice meltdown. Why don't you go back into hiding?

It doesn't. Under the electoral college, the North Dakota vote counts more.
Liberal math: 3>55.

See? Here's the truth. These idiots want North Dakota to have the same number of electoral votes as California.
wow you are stupid.

If N. Dakota had 55 EC votes and California had 55 EC votes, then the votes in N. Dakota would be greater.

However, the apportionment based upon population provides an even playing field and requires that the Candidates must be a candidate for all the people, not just the most populous centers. It also prevents the values of a single city from dictating to the entire country.

I don't understand you clowns. You demand that all the states adhere to one homogeneous central government, then demand that the rest of the country bow down to the will of just a few cities.

California has 50 times the population of North Dakota,

but only 18 times the number of electoral votes.

If electoral votes were doled out PROPORTIONATELY, North Dakota would have 3 and California would have about 150.

and far few than 18 times the number of real USA Citizens.

Even when Democrats win, Conservstives don't complain about the Electoral College. Linear popular vote total determining the election is third world mentality. If Liberals are ready to toss the EC out, they are going to have to explain to small states how their votes will be equal to the large states. The EC already rewards popular vote to larger states with more EC votes (eg California).

Liberals, you lost. You ignored what was equally important in PA, OH, WI and now you are paying for it.
there is NEVER a complaint about Democratic Presidential wins because ALL democratic presidents have won BOTH, the popular vote and the electoral vote.....what is considered by many, ''a mandate''.

ONLY Republican presidents and 1 Whig I believe, have won the Presidency only through the electoral vote without the popular vote.
JFK won by Fraud in Illinois. STILL its is the EC which matters, NOT the mostly fraudulent popular vote in a single State.

It doesn't. Under the electoral college, the North Dakota vote counts more.

In North Dakota, Trump got 1 electoral vote for every 73,000 votes he received.

In California, Clinton got 1 electoral vote for every 159,160 votes she received.

IOW, a N Dakota electoral vote is worth more than double a California electoral vote.
A minuscule difference in the state's popular vote can deliver 55 EC votes in California but only 3 in ND.

North Dakota has less than 800,000 PEOPLE you retard.
Stop whining. You got the electoral votes from Rhode Island. Delaware, Vermont and DC, which isn't even a state.

Put your big girl pantsuit on.

I'm not whining. Quit admitting you don't have a counter argument.

JFK won by Fraud in Illinois. STILL its is the EC which matters, NOT the mostly fraudulent popular vote in a single State.

LOL. You're another retard. JFK didn't need Illinois to win the election. You people are depressingly stupid.

The REAL FACT is If they NEGATED CALIFORNIA she WOULD LOOSE the POPULAR VOTE BY AS MUCH AS SHE IS LEADING by, SO CALIFORNIA IS RESPONSIBLE FOR HER LEAD, and SHE ACTUALLY LOOSES By a margin that would be unprecedented. It is easy to track reality if you want, but SHE LOST THE ELECTION, and all of your crying trying to change the rules and the outcome will fail. It should be a wakeup call to let you liberals know to stop pushing, attacking, name calling and harassing everyone else before we REALLY get tired of it, but you are too egotistical, vain and stupid to realize when you got slapped lightly, and are about to get bitch slapped.

You sound like an Internet tough guy.

I guess everyone should be very scared!

Whatca think 12icer means bud? Play nice? I am not your average punching bag listener. I am an ex union local president, legacy - uncle pres for 30 years - cuz pres for twenty and me of mine for 18. Miltary brat, dad taught Military tactics, Insurgency and counterinsurgency and PT for ROTC. When I was in I did CBR, Explosives and demo And some **** so you got a short history. The idea is take NO shit, there won't be any shit, if there is end it NOW whatever it takes. Dat's the rules. Don't be scared, scared punks are dangerous because they are scared and unpredictable, meaning they have to be neutralized instantly, and verifiably. I don't want scared I want complacent, self assured and mellow. I don't play the bad boy, TOO old and Grumpy and hostile for taking even a little shit these days. Wanna play 338 tag? HAHAHA. Clinton Lost >>>>>> and loses more support with every thing we find out about her cartel.

In North Dakota, Trump got 1 electoral vote for every 73,000 votes he received.

In California, Clinton got 1 electoral vote for every 159,160 votes she received.

IOW, a N Dakota electoral vote is worth more than double a California electoral vote.
A minuscule difference in the state's popular vote can deliver 55 EC votes in California but only 3 in ND.

North Dakota has less than 800,000 PEOPLE you retard.
Stop whining. You got the electoral votes from Rhode Island. Delaware, Vermont and DC, which isn't even a state.

Put your big girl pantsuit on.

I'm not whining. Quit admitting you don't have a counter argument.
Seriously? You're not whining? That might hold water if it weren't in the aftermath of what can only be described as a Democrat smack-down. Sorry, it's invariably the whining of the defeated and humiliated.

Not in the least bit surprising. Many of the voters are likely illegal (Obama did encourage them to vote) and many are their anchor babies who only care about getting more of their relatives over here.

This was over a year ago. More have poured in since then. It's also been reported that this past year saw one of the sharpest increases ever in illegal aliens crossing the border.

If the left had their way and we got rid of the electoral, those illegals and their anchor babies would decide every election from now on.

"There are 1,062,000 unauthorized immigrants in Los Angeles County and an estimated 274,000 in Orange County, according to the most recent report."

County 3rd largest for unauthorized immigrants

Forum List

Back