It's Not Us...It's Him

PoliticalChic

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 6, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
The reason for supporting Trump is the Supreme Court nominations, and his vision for America, e.g., individualism vs the lock-step collectivist statism of the communism/lite Democrats.

Good reasons.

At the least, he claims to support the Constitution.

But...the abysmal performance....the totally unexpected phoned-it-in performance at the debate gave many of us pause.
What the heck is going on????

The astute Michael Goodwin of the NYPost, writes this:

1. "Trump is Twitter fighting a former beauty queen....Trump’s latest screwball turn, some believe it proves he doesn’t want to win the White House. Their theory holds that the possibility of victory must terrify him, so he is intentionally making himself unelectable.

2. ...they point to his habit of self-destructing just when things look best. Then as now, Trump pushed the race to almost even before taking a detour to wage a fight that made no sense.

3. ....after his stunning run to the nomination and after a solid convention, Trump had nearly tied Hillary Clinton in the polls.Then he launched a Twitter fight with the Khans, a Gold Star, Muslim family.
...the Khan story would have gone away if Trump had let it. He couldn’t and wouldn’t, trading Twitter barbs with the parents for days and foolishly escalating the stakes in interviews.

In fact, it was a political trap. He didn’t just take the bait, he swallowed it, hook, line and sinker, then asked for more.

4. Voters were turned off, ...Clinton opened a big lead nationally and was ahead in all 11 battleground states followed by Politico. After one estimate that she might win 400 electoral votes, I wrote that Trump faced “a crushing landslide that would turn his name into a political punchline and make his brand synonymous with loser.”

5. Trump must do everything in his power if he wants to beat Clinton
In fact, he already was starting the long climb back. He had shaken up his team, started reading serious policy speeches from a teleprompter and was punching up at Clinton instead of punching down at bereft parents.

It took six weeks of message and personal discipline, and by last week’s debate, the race was a dead heat. .... In the most dramatic development, Clinton looked to be conceding Ohio.

6. Then Bad Trump, like a monster from the “vasty deep,” suddenly surfaced. His target this time was Alicia Machado, the 1996 winner of the Miss Universe pageant. Back then, Trump called her “Miss Piggy” and “an eating machine” after she gained weight.

.... Trump lunged for the lure and began a self-defeating insult war.

7. Compounding a debate performance where Trump missed golden opportunities, his bizarre behavior exacted a price. The first polls show he is back on a road to defeat, and the damage is likely just beginning. He’ll keep core supporters, but he’s making it very hard for undecided voters to back him.

8. Clinton isn’t saying much, in keeping with the maxim to step aside when your opponent is committing political suicide. Some call her lucky, but her luck is the kind the late baseball executive Branch Rickey described as the “residue of design.” The way Clinton and her team used the Khans and Machado amounts to a clinic on how to exploit an opponent’s weakness.

9. .... the only way she could win. Burdened by scandals, branded a liar, suffering a charisma deficit and hobbled by health issues, she is making Trump an unacceptable alternative.

Still, she couldn’t do it without his help.

10. ... he is beating himself.....if the armchair shrinks are correct that he fears victory, Trump would always find a way to secure defeat.

Then again, a deep dive into his psyche may not be necessary. His behavior could be proof that Clinton and the NeverTrumpers were right all along — that he’s not temperamentally fit to be president.

Whatever the reason for his conduct, we could be witnessing the beginning of the end."
Trump has a winning message but he’s failing to deliver | New York Post

I wouldn't trust Trump to select someone with a legal background for SCOTUS.

I wouldn't trust Hillary to select someone she didn't have in her very wide and deep pocket

There are numerous reasons to support Trump.

No one supports Hillary, except her special interest. Almost all her voters seem to think she is the worst politician ever. They are correct.

No one supports Hillary, except her special interest. Almost all her voters seem to think she is the worst politician ever. They are correct.
She four points ahead of Trump. She's six to one to win. Maybe you should pull your head out of your ass before you lose on election day?

I wouldn't trust Hillary to select someone she didn't have in her very wide and deep pocket

Trump already has a list of people he would nominate and even establishment Republicans have praised his choices along with the candidates he defeated.

"I wouldn't trust Trump to select someone with a legal background for SCOTUS."

"On May 18, then-future Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump put out a list of 11 individuals, all sitting judges, who he would consider as a potential replacement for Antonin Scalia, whodied unexpectedly last February, on the Supreme Court of the United States. Trump has now added 10 new names to that list.

As was the case with his original list, the men and women who have been added appear to be eminently qualified to sit on the high court. Nine of these individuals (Mike Lee, Thomas Lee, Allison Eid, Raymond Kethledge, Joan Larsen, David Stras, Margaret Ryan, Neil Gorsuch, and Steven Colloton) clerked for Supreme Court justices, and several others held distinguished clerkships as well."
A Conservative Take on Trump’s Supreme Court Nominee List

What's the beef???

"I wouldn't trust Trump to select someone with a legal background for SCOTUS."

"On May 18, then-future Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump put out a list of 11 individuals, all sitting judges, who he would consider as a potential replacement for Antonin Scalia, whodied unexpectedly last February, on the Supreme Court of the United States. Trump has now added 10 new names to that list.

As was the case with his original list, the men and women who have been added appear to be eminently qualified to sit on the high court. Nine of these individuals (Mike Lee, Thomas Lee, Allison Eid, Raymond Kethledge, Joan Larsen, David Stras, Margaret Ryan, Neil Gorsuch, and Steven Colloton) clerked for Supreme Court justices, and several others held distinguished clerkships as well."
A Conservative Take on Trump’s Supreme Court Nominee List

What's the beef???

the thing between the sides of the bun.

as yet, he hasn't made a selection, and he has a history of changing his mind on things

I trust neither candidate to be the resident of the Oval Office

Trump already has a list of people he would nominate and even establishment Republicans have praised his choices along with the candidates he defeated.
His list is roughly as valid as his marriage vows.

She four points ahead of Trump. She's six to one to win. Maybe you should pull your head out of your ass before you lose on election day?

And another Leftist who inadvertently voices proof of Queen Ann's prescience:

"Principle is nothing to liberals. Winning is everything."
Coulter

Forum List

Back