"It's not theirs, Its mine"

The market determines the value...
FACT:
A 2-acre plot of land filled with trees and situated 5 minutes away from Mar-a-Lago is on the market for $150 million. Zillow

Also nearby: a 2.3-acre plot of land at 1063/1071 N. Ocean Blvd., on the market for a sky-high $200 million.

Trump’s Mar-a-Lago estate boasts a sprawling 20 acres.
Real estate insiders bewildered by judge’s $18M valuation of Trump’s Mar-a-Lago: ‘Would list at $300M’

So based on a 2 acre plot 5 minutes from Mar-a-largo was asking $150 million.
Mar-A-Largo at 20 acres would be worth @ $75 million/ acre... (see above..) $1,500,000,000
so how is it a judge just gets to say what he said? Wouldn't all the value of property around Mar-a-largo drop like rocks? WTF is this exactly? Other than a complete breach of law?

so how is it a judge just gets to say what he said? Wouldn't all the value of property around Mar-a-largo drop like rocks? WTF is this exactly? Other than a complete breach of law?
You know that's a good point! Those properties I gave as examples should also be reduced in value as should ALL the Estimates suggest that this 1.89 billion acres of land are collectively worth approximately $23 trillion in 2009 (current prices), with 24% of the land area and $1.8 trillion of the value held by the federal government. William Larson Published April 2015 Download Acrobat Reader Page last modified on 11/7/17
This would mean using the appraised value mechanism i.e. the ratio $200 million market value of Mar-a-Largo compared to tax appraised value $18 million or reduced value by 91% or if all the value in the USA was reduced to appraised value that would be a loss of $20,930,000,000,000 value of all the 1.89 billion acres. What would that do to our economy???

You know that's a good point! Those properties I gave as examples should also be reduced in value as should ALL the Estimates suggest that this 1.89 billion acres of land are collectively worth approximately $23 trillion in 2009 (current prices), with 24% of the land area and $1.8 trillion of the value held by the federal government. William Larson Published April 2015 Download Acrobat Reader Page last modified on 11/7/17
This would mean using the appraised value mechanism i.e. the ratio $200 million market value of Mar-a-Largo compared to tax appraised value $18 million or reduced value by 91% or if all the value in the USA was reduced to appraised value that would be a loss of $20,930,000,000,000 value of all the 1.89 billion acres. What would that do to our economy???
BTW, could it be a land grab to take away his land? Oprah and Maui ring a bell?

The New York Post, appearing eager to side with the longtime star of its gossip pages, scoffed at the objective appraisal included in the judge’s ruling, insisting that other assessments put the value of Mar-a-Lago at somewhere around $300 million. Those well-versed in mathematics will notice that this would still mean the $612 million Trump valuation was twice the actual worth of the property.

But here is a different approach. Instead of defending the Trump Organization’s inflation efforts, you can put them to work for you. The tool below allows you to choose a property value between $100,000 and $1 billion (for especially lucky readers) and see how those values might have been presented to investors had the Trump Organization’s inflationary metrics been applied. All of the calculations here are taken from the judge’s ruling, in which the presented value and assessed values are offered explicitly — as in the Seven Springs example above.

The tool is set at $400,000 to start, about the median sales price for U.S. homes this year.

(full article online)

The New York Post, appearing eager to side with the longtime star of its gossip pages, scoffed at the objective appraisal included in the judge’s ruling, insisting that other assessments put the value of Mar-a-Lago at somewhere around $300 million. Those well-versed in mathematics will notice that this would still mean the $612 million Trump valuation was twice the actual worth of the property.

But here is a different approach. Instead of defending the Trump Organization’s inflation efforts, you can put them to work for you. The tool below allows you to choose a property value between $100,000 and $1 billion (for especially lucky readers) and see how those values might have been presented to investors had the Trump Organization’s inflationary metrics been applied. All of the calculations here are taken from the judge’s ruling, in which the presented value and assessed values are offered explicitly — as in the Seven Springs example above.

The tool is set at $400,000 to start, about the median sales price for U.S. homes this year.

(full article online)

You and the judge are mistaken!
You wrote..."the calculations here are taken from the judge’s ruling, in which the presented value and assessed values are offered explicitly"
If you used the same calculation for the rest of the USA land valuation here is the affect:

1.89 billion acres of land are collectively worth approximately $23 trillion in 2009 (current prices), with 24% of the land area and $1.8 trillion of the value held by the federal government. William Larson Published April 2015 Download Acrobat Reader Page last modified on 11/7/17

This would mean using the appraised value mechanism i.e. the ratio $200 million market value of Mar-a-Largo compared to tax appraised value $18 million or reduced value by 91% or if all the value in the USA was reduced to appraised value that would be a loss of
$20,930,000,000,000 value of all the 1.89 billion acres. What would that do to our economy???

I don't think you understand that the implications are if the lower TAX appraisal is used on all the real estate in the USA, this would reduce America's land value by $20 TRILLION.

That's why real estate experts laughed at the judge's ignorance!
You don't use the property tax appraisal level to value the MARKET value! Entirely different!

You and the judge are mistaken!
You wrote..."the calculations here are taken from the judge’s ruling, in which the presented value and assessed values are offered explicitly"
If you used the same calculation for the rest of the USA land valuation here is the affect:

1.89 billion acres of land are collectively worth approximately $23 trillion in 2009 (current prices), with 24% of the land area and $1.8 trillion of the value held by the federal government. William Larson Published April 2015 Download Acrobat Reader Page last modified on 11/7/17

This would mean using the appraised value mechanism i.e. the ratio $200 million market value of Mar-a-Largo compared to tax appraised value $18 million or reduced value by 91% or if all the value in the USA was reduced to appraised value that would be a loss of
$20,930,000,000,000 value of all the 1.89 billion acres. What would that do to our economy???

I don't think you understand that the implications are if the lower TAX appraisal is used on all the real estate in the USA, this would reduce America's land value by $20 TRILLION.

That's why real estate experts laughed at the judge's ignorance!
You don't use the property tax appraisal level to value the MARKET value! Entirely different!
Let Trump want to sell Mar A Lago, let it be appraised, and THEN, you may have a case......or not.

Lots to come, depending on what happens in the trials.

Let Trump want to sell Mar A Lago, let it be appraised, and THEN, you may have a case......or not.

Lots to come, depending on what happens in the trials.
But it was appraised by the people that know, i.e. local real estate salespeople!
They are the people that have help buy/ sell real estate and here are their comments.
A nearby vacant lot (2.3 acres) is for sale on Zillow for $200 million," John LeFevre, a former investment banker who created the Goldman Sachs Elevator social media account, wrote alongside a screengrab of the listing. "Mar-a-Lago sits on 17 acres, with waterfront on both sides."
So tell me... if 2.3 acres sold for $200 million or $86,956,522 / acre... hmmm...
what would Mar-a-Largo's 17 acres sell for??? $1,478,260,870 !
Wow the market says Trump put it at between $426.5 million to $612.1 million in filings—"an under valuation of under 242%... Again... remember 2.3 Acres SOLD for $86 million/acre
... Mar-a-Largo is 17 acres or at $86 million/ acre over $1,478,260,870.

But it was appraised by the people that know, i.e. local real estate salespeople!
They are the people that have help buy/ sell real estate and here are their comments.
A nearby vacant lot (2.3 acres) is for sale on Zillow for $200 million," John LeFevre, a former investment banker who created the Goldman Sachs Elevator social media account, wrote alongside a screengrab of the listing. "Mar-a-Lago sits on 17 acres, with waterfront on both sides."
So tell me... if 2.3 acres sold for $200 million or $86,956,522 / acre... hmmm...
Wow the market says Trump put it at between $426.5 million to $612.1 million in filings—"an under valuation of under 242%... Again... remember 2.3 Acres SOLD for $86 million/acre
There is a lot to come, as I said.

There is a lot to come, as I said.
So what is former President Donald Trump's elaborate and historic Mar-a-Lago actually worth?

It depends on who you ask and what criteria you use to value it.

“It’s priceless,” quipped one seasoned Palm Beach real estate professional, who like others on Palm Beach’s real estate industry spoke about Mar-a-Lago and Trump only on condition of anonymity.

Another didn't hesitate to provide a number: “I’d put Mar-a-Lago's value (conservatively) at $450 million,” the seasoned real estate agent said.

But it’s also a one-of-a-kind trophy property, stretching from the Atlantic Ocean to the Intracoastal Waterway with a mansion originally built in 1927 for cereal heiress Marjorie Merriweather Post and her then-husband, stockbroker E.F. Hutton.
Several agents and brokers said that if sold in this market, Mar-a-Lago would be worth about $400 million at a bare minimum and perhaps as much as $550 million or even more.

So what is former President Donald Trump's elaborate and historic Mar-a-Lago actually worth?

“It’s priceless,” quipped one seasoned Palm Beach real estate professional, who like others on Palm Beach’s real estate industry spoke about Mar-a-Lago and Trump only on condition of anonymity.

Another didn't hesitate to provide a number: “I’d put Mar-a-Lago's value (conservatively) at $450 million,” the seasoned real estate agent said.

But it’s also a one-of-a-kind trophy property, stretching from the Atlantic Ocean to the Intracoastal Waterway with a mansion originally built in 1927 for cereal heiress Marjorie Merriweather Post and her then-husband, stockbroker E.F. Hutton.
Several agents and brokers said that if sold in this market, Mar-a-Lago would be worth about $400 million at a bare minimum and perhaps as much as $550 million or even more.
I do not care what it is worth.

He is not supposed to be residing in it. There are lots of people who pay dues at the resort, that if he has to sell, he will have to pay back.

The law has not decided yet which properties are going to be taken, etc in order for him to pay for what he owes. Next Monday, or whenever we are going to find out.

I am patient. Very patient. I wait for the facts to come out.

Keep playing Real Estate Agent all you like.

Trump said it’s worth $1.5 billion.

Trump said it’s worth $1.5 billion.
And here is why he said that!!!

I do not care what it is worth.

He is not supposed to be residing in it. There are lots of people who pay dues at the resort, that if he has to sell, he will have to pay back.

The law has not decided yet which properties are going to be taken, etc in order for him to pay for what he owes. Next Monday, or whenever we are going to find out.

I am patient. Very patient. I wait for the facts to come out.

Keep playing Real Estate Agent all you like.
I am using facts, not like you "guesses"!
You can ignore the facts but that doesn't alter reality!
Are you arguing with the facts 17 acres can sell for $86 million an acre which 2.3 acres sold for at $86 million an acre!

And here is why he said that!!!

Problem is that Mar a Lago can’t be subdivided. It can’t be significantly altered. It can’t be built upon. It can’t be torn down. It can’t be a residential space.

There are very serious restrictions because Trump “donated” these rights to the county in exchange for a tax break and anyone who buys the property is likewise restricted.

So you are comparing apples to oranges.

Problem is that Mar a Lago can’t be subdivided. It can’t be significantly altered. It can’t be built upon. It can’t be torn down. It can’t be a residential space.

There are very serious restrictions because Trump “donated” these rights to the county in exchange for a tax break and anyone who buys the property is likewise restricted.

So you are comparing apples to oranges.
I AM NOT doing then experts like these are! Complain to them!
Again the value is for tax appraisals which in your case I'm confident your tax appraisal value is less than what you would have at market value!

Read again...and tell these people like John LeFevre he's comparing apples to oranges!

Forum List

Back