Its July 4th.....Have you thanked a Liberal today???

Well, THIS Liberal put her flag out on Monday and thanked the Liberals who wrote and signed the Declaration of Independence. Then THIS Liberal went to watch the fireworks and thanked the Patriot Liberals who fought and died against the Conservative Tories to win us that Independence.

and so know one with a Conservative slanted mind was part of the Revolution?.........if you were back there Bo....you would be ridiculed and no doubt shunned by those Liberals because of their Conservative upbringing....sort that one out....

I'm sorry that your education failed.

The Tories were the Loyalists were the Conservatives.
and so your telling me with your "great" education.....that there were NO men back then.....who would have been considered "Conservatives" compared to the "Liberals" of the time....and who were not for Independence just as much as the "Liberals"?......so just because you may have been a rather Conservative fellow back then,there is no way you could have been against England,just because you were a CONSERVATIVE?......is that what your saying?......... because the more "Moderate" Conservatives sided with the Patriots to pick up arms against the British....so maybe you should read before you open your yap......

this paragraph is from ........http://www.barefootsworld.net/doi1776.html

Meantime party lines in America became more and more definite. The day of temporizing was soon over, and wavering citizens were gradually forced to decide what course they meant to support. For some time even the more militant were not precisely of one mind. All were agreed that no concessions should be made to the British point of view, but the more moderate, who hoped to avert the use of force unless in case of extreme necessity, viewed with some misgivings the military preparations under way. Similarly the conservatives disagreed among themselves. Some thought that resistance, so long as it was strictly peaceful, might well be continued in the hope of ultimate success; others were eager for conciliation and compromise. Ultimately the conservatives parted company. The most conservative, fearful of disturbing the status quo, preferring the British connection to anything that resistance to the mother country had to offer became the "Tories" or "Loyalists" of the American Revolution. The moderates, on the other hand, gradually drifted over to the militant, and ultimately joined with them as "Whigs" or "Patriots" to take up arms and to win independence. Doubtless a minority in the beginning, the revolutionists through their effective organization and aggressive tactics ultimately won over a majority to their way of thinking. But probably as many as a third of the colonists were openly or secretly loyal to the mother country throughout the Revolution.

Last edited:
I did. You're claiming that modern conservatives would have fought for England.

You utterly refuse to see how ridiculous that claim is. That's because you're a stupid, stupid woman.

Where did I say MODERN Conservatives in that comment....I see this:

"In your fantasy world where Conservatives FOUGHT (note the past tense) against England instead of FOR England".

Weak first attempt. Try again.
Weaseling out of it. Typical.

Indeed you are. But I knew that you would be doing that....

Now, when are you going to make the case that big-government supporters would have fought against the Crown? Or are you going to weasel out of that, too?

We have unfinished business....you still have to show where I said anything about 1776 Conservatives (Tories) being the same as Modern Conservatives.

Either show the evidence or admit you made a false claim. I will not be sidetracked by your typical tricks.

and so know one with a Conservative slanted mind was part of the Revolution?.........if you were back there Bo....you would be ridiculed and no doubt shunned by those Liberals because of their Conservative upbringing....sort that one out....

and so your telling me with your "great" education.....that there were NO men back then.....who would have been considered "Conservatives" compared to the "Liberals" of the time....and who were not for Independence just as much as the "Liberals"?......so just because you may have been a rather Conservative fellow back then,there is no way you could have been against England,just because you were a CONSERVATIVE?......is that what your saying?......... because the more "Moderate" Conservatives sided with the Patriots to pick up arms against the British....so maybe you should read before you open your yap......

this paragraph is from ........The Declaration of Independence - 1776

Meantime party lines in America became more and more definite. The day of temporizing was soon over, and wavering citizens were gradually forced to decide what course they meant to support. For some time even the more militant were not precisely of one mind. All were agreed that no concessions should be made to the British point of view, but the more moderate, who hoped to avert the use of force unless in case of extreme necessity, viewed with some misgivings the military preparations under way. Similarly the conservatives disagreed among themselves. Some thought that resistance, so long as it was strictly peaceful, might well be continued in the hope of ultimate success; others were eager for conciliation and compromise. Ultimately the conservatives parted company. The most conservative, fearful of disturbing the status quo, preferring the British connection to anything that resistance to the mother country had to offer became the "Tories" or "Loyalists" of the American Revolution. The moderates, on the other hand, gradually drifted over to the militant, and ultimately joined with them as "Whigs" or "Patriots" to take up arms and to win independence. Doubtless a minority in the beginning, the revolutionists through their effective organization and aggressive tactics ultimately won over a majority to their way of thinking. But probably as many as a third of the colonists were openly or secretly loyal to the mother country throughout the Revolution.

You need to look up the word Tory, my friend. The Tories were the Conservatives. The Tories were NOT on the side for Independence.

this paragraph is from ........The Declaration of Independence - 1776

Meantime party lines in America became more and more definite. The day of temporizing was soon over, and wavering citizens were gradually forced to decide what course they meant to support. For some time even the more militant were not precisely of one mind. All were agreed that no concessions should be made to the British point of view, but the more moderate, who hoped to avert the use of force unless in case of extreme necessity, viewed with some misgivings the military preparations under way. Similarly the conservatives disagreed among themselves. Some thought that resistance, so long as it was strictly peaceful, might well be continued in the hope of ultimate success; others were eager for conciliation and compromise. Ultimately the conservatives parted company. The most conservative, fearful of disturbing the status quo, preferring the British connection to anything that resistance to the mother country had to offer became the "Tories" or "Loyalists" of the American Revolution. .......The moderates, on the other hand, gradually drifted over to the militant, and ultimately joined with them as "Whigs" or "Patriots" to take up arms and to win independence. Doubtless a minority in the beginning, the revolutionists through their effective organization and aggressive tactics ultimately won over a majority to their way of thinking. But probably as many as a third of the colonists were openly or secretly loyal to the mother country throughout the Revolution.

You need to look up the word Tory, my friend. The Tories were the Conservatives. The Tories were NOT on the side for Independence.

what does this say right here?.........

Similarly the conservatives disagreed among themselves. Some thought that resistance, so long as it was strictly peaceful, might well be continued in the hope of ultimate success; others were eager for conciliation and compromise. Ultimately the conservatives parted company. The most conservative, fearful of disturbing the status quo, preferring the British connection to anything that resistance to the mother country had to offer became the "Tories" or "Loyalists" of the American Revolution. The moderates, on the other hand, gradually drifted over to the militant, and ultimately joined with them as "Whigs" or "Patriots" to take up arms and to win independence.......

it says MODERATE CONSERVATIVES sided with the Patriots......

Big govt supporters would have fought against the crown?

huh?

No, that's the point.

Sigh, you still do not get it.

Frankly, I think going back in time and trying to figure out what was liberal or conservative 235 years ago is kinda goofy. Yes, 235 days ago the Tories were considered conservative, insofar as defined in today's books. Let's look at today though... the founders were by today's definition small government, personal responsibility types.

That my friends, is not the definition of today's liberal.

No, that's the point.

Sigh, you still do not get it.

Frankly, I think going back in time and trying to figure out what was liberal or conservative 235 years ago is kinda goofy. Yes, 235 days ago the Tories were considered conservative, insofar as defined in today's books. Let's look at today though... the founders were by today's definition small government, personal responsibility types.

That my friends, is not the definition of today's liberal.

And I don't think it is claimed to be....just like I never claimed that the 1776 definition of Conservative (Tory) is the same as today.

But you must realize what the words Liberal and Conservative mean to understand that as society progresses, they're wants and desires shift also....In fact, in many many cases what would be a Liberal position 50 years ago, becomes a Conservative position today.

Where did I say MODERN Conservatives in that comment....I see this:

"In your fantasy world where Conservatives FOUGHT (note the past tense) against England instead of FOR England".

Weak first attempt. Try again.
Weaseling out of it. Typical.

Indeed you are. But I knew that you would be doing that....
Wrong. As usual.
Now, when are you going to make the case that big-government supporters would have fought against the Crown? Or are you going to weasel out of that, too?

We have unfinished business....you still have to show where I said anything about 1776 Conservatives (Tories) being the same as Modern Conservatives.

Either show the evidence or admit you made a false claim. I will not be sidetracked by your typical tricks.

I've proven my claim. Your unwillingness to acknowledge it is meaningless.

You just carry on with your mindless "lib is good, con is bad" bullshit. It's all that can be expected from a hyperpartisan hack.

Forum List

Back