It’s Happening: Gay Couple Suing New York Bed and Breakfast For Not Hosting Wedding…

Where_r_my_Keys

Gold Member
Jan 19, 2014
Has it been a WEEK YET? (No... it's not been a week yet...) and the Left is moving like a swarm of brown shirts:

From Crowder:

"Dailey told Syracuse.com that the owner told them that it was “nothing personal” but gay marriage was “against my faith.”

The couple further stated, “We are human beings, just like anybody else. We’re not asking to impose on anybody’s else beliefs or opinions, just to celebrate our love as any other two people would.”

I’m confused. If the owners told you it wasn’t personal, but that it was against their beliefs to host a gay ceremony… and you don’t want to impose on anyone else’s beliefs… then why are you filing a complaint? Why not find another location? How do their personal beliefs effect you? Remember that?

Unless, of course, you didn’t actually mean you don’t want to impose on anyone else’s beliefs.

It’s a fair question though, and one which the Supreme Court has helped to make that much more confusing. Does a couple’s “true love” trump an individual’s right to religious freedom?

Can a business “discriminate” on any grounds whatsoever? If the answer is no… then why have Amazon and eBay remove Confederate merchandise from their site? Can a business refuse service to someone who isn’t wearing a shirt and shoes? Does a business ever have the right not to serve someone? Ever? Ever ever ever ever?

Either the answer is yes, or it is no. It cannot be both."

Read more: It s Happening Gay Couple Suing New York Bed and Breakfast For Not Hosting Wedding... Louder With Crowder

Has it been a WEEK YET? (No... it's not been a week yet...) and the Left is moving like a swarm of brown shirts:

From Crowder:

"Dailey told Syracuse.com that the owner told them that it was “nothing personal” but gay marriage was “against my faith.”

The couple further stated, “We are human beings, just like anybody else. We’re not asking to impose on anybody’s else beliefs or opinions, just to celebrate our love as any other two people would.”

I’m confused. If the owners told you it wasn’t personal, but that it was against their beliefs to host a gay ceremony… and you don’t want to impose on anyone else’s beliefs… then why are you filing a complaint? Why not find another location? How do their personal beliefs effect you? Remember that?

Unless, of course, you didn’t actually mean you don’t want to impose on anyone else’s beliefs.

It’s a fair question though, and one which the Supreme Court has helped to make that much more confusing. Does a couple’s “true love” trump an individual’s right to religious freedom?

Can a business “discriminate” on any grounds whatsoever? If the answer is no… then why have Amazon and eBay remove Confederate merchandise from their site? Can a business refuse service to someone who isn’t wearing a shirt and shoes? Does a business ever have the right not to serve someone? Ever? Ever ever ever ever?

Read more: It s Happening Gay Couple Suing New York Bed and Breakfast For Not Hosting Wedding... Louder With Crowder
Good. Bigots need to keep their hatred to themselves.

Gays are vindictive. Christians are not. Homo filth will do whatever they can to destroy Christianity. I'm not certain Christians or other moral citizens have the guts to take the gay trash on.

• Banned

From Crowder:

HEY! One fascist is professing its assent.

Anyone else?

Gays are vindictive. Christians are not. Homo filth will do whatever they can to destroy Christianity. I'm not certain Christians or other moral citizens have the guts to take the gay trash on.
And yet it was the so called Christians refusing service in violation of the law. Obey the law or pay.

From Crowder:

Which totally doesn't explain why you continue to post on Internet message boards.

Gee.

From Crowder:

Anyone else?
So, being against bigotry makes one a fascist in your addled brain?

From Crowder:

Which totally doesn't explain why you continue to post on Internet message boards.

Gee.
To rebut the bigots and your hatred.

"It’s Happening: Gay Couple Suing New York Bed and Breakfast For Not Hosting Wedding…"

New York's Human Rights Law affords protection from discrimination in public accommodations based on sexual orientation:

§ 291. Equality of opportunity a civil right:

“The opportunity to obtain education, the use of places of public accommodation and the ownership, use and occupancy of housing accommodations and commercial space without discrimination because of age, race, creed, color, national origin, sexual orientation, military status, sex, marital status, or disability, as specified in section two hundred ninety six of this article, is hereby recognized as and declared to be a civil right.”

http://www.dhr.ny.gov/sites/default/files/doc/hrl.pdf

The bed and breakfast is a place of public accommodation, the lawsuit is perfectly appropriate and warranted, and it would have occurred regardless the Obergefell ruling.

That a citizen files a civil suit doesn't mean he is going to 'win,' the merits of the suit will be reviewed by a judge in accordance with New York civil law to determine its validity.

The bed and breakfast is not a church or religious organization. Citizens may not decide to ignore or violate a just and proper law such as New York's Human Rights Law using religion as an 'excuse' or 'justification' for doing so (Employment Division v. Smith).

And again: this lawsuit would have occurred regardless how the Supreme Court might have ruled concerning the right of same-sex couples to access marriage law.

The premise of your thread fails as ridiculous demagoguery.

From Crowder:

Anyone else?
There are no bigger BIGOTS on the PLANET, than a fucking Christian hating FAGGOT.

If they're smart, they'll stay the hell away from me.

The vast majority of gay Americans are Christian.

It's good to see you remain consistent at being ignorant, stupid, and wrong.
No they're not. They may think they are but they're not. Not in the eyes of God.

They'll all burn in hell.

From Crowder:

Anyone else?
There are no bigger BIGOTS on the PLANET, than a fucking Christian hating FAGGOT.

If they're smart, they'll stay the hell away from me.
You afraid?

The vast majority of gay Americans are Christian.

It's good to see you remain consistent at being ignorant, stupid, and wrong.
No they're not. They may think they are but they're not. Not in the eyes of God.

They'll all burn in hell.
Hell is where you inbred rednecks will end up.

And yet it was the so called Christians refusing service in violation of the law. Obey the law or pay.

Real men disobey unjust laws and sometimes pay the price. That's the difference between a slave and a real citizen.

This has been the law in NY since 2003.

The SCOTUS decision didn't change anything in New York.

That's TWO fascists celebrating the abuse of Christians, through a flagrant disregard for their means to exercise their rights.

Understand folks, they're providing us with the rules of the game, from THEIR PERSPECTIVE.

Now in every valid sense of fairness, if them's the rules then, then that's fine, let's just adjust to those rules and commence the offense.

They will of course change the rules again... because THAT is: The nature of Evil.

Forum List

Back