It's All Pelosi's Fault

rayboyusmc

Jan 2, 2008
Florida
Boner and Blunt are now on CNN blaming Pelosi. She caused their Republicans to vote against it.

They were pushing for bipartisan work just they always do, and those dirty dems were just partisan as possible.

Just like rats trying to get to the highest part of the sinking boat.

After 6 years of shoving their shit down our throats, the Dems are partisan.

The Dems Did It.

Well, Pelosi really did play it to the hilt, out of one side of her mouth she bellowed "bipartisanship" and out of the other "It's Bush's fault" that pissed a lot of people off. If she wanted the Republican's vote she should have framed her arguement to reflect "bipartisanship" My momma always told me "you can catch more flys with honey" Send Pelosi a memo.

Lol. I predicted this.

This will usher in a new era. People won't be living beyond their means, credit won't be extended to people who shouldn't have it, people are going to have to SAVE to buy things again.

And the fat cats at the top are going to kill each other or jump.

Lol. I predicted this.
This will usher in a new era. People won't be living beyond their means, credit won't be extended to people who shouldn't have it, people are going to have to SAVE to buy things again.
And the fat cats at the top are going to kill each other or jump.
You mean from now on people are going to have to act (GASP) Responsibly?!?!

God forbid. :rolleyes:

The dems had meetings and did not invite the GOP

Rep. Paul Kanjorski (D-Pa.) on Friday suggested Democratic leaders did not solicit enough input from House Republicans on the financial rescue package.

During an interview on CNBC, Kanjorski pointed out that House Republicans have balked at the new compromise on the bailout.

Asked whether House GOP lawmakers are right to believe they were slighted, Kanjorski replied, “I don't know that we included them in enough, and that's always a dangerous thing in politics. Remember, you're dealing with egomaniacs. We're all egomaniacs down here.”
TheHill.com - Dem: House GOP not consulted enough on bailout

The Pelousy calls the GOP "unpatriotic" for not being at ameeting they weren't invited to attend?

You want this bailout so bad, pass it on your own damned party votes.

Oh wait, you can't even pass it onb a party line vote as the majority party...because Pelousy leads the House.

I know. And be accountable for their own failures.

Scary, I know. Gone are the days where 16-17 year old kids who have never had a full-time job can take out loans with their middle class parents (who are already buried under a mountain of debt) for brand new Hondas.

Gone are the days when legal immigrants who have lived in the US approximately a year working at min. wage jobs in industries subject to lay-offs can get home loans.

Gone are the days when the credit companies will be calling little old ladies on fixed incomes at all times of the day and night to convince them to get a credit card....which the little old ladies use to finance their shopping network addiction and give money to every shyster that comes their way.

We're going to have to pay our own way, take care of our own. What a novel concept.

The Pelousy calls the GOP "unpatriotic" for not being at ameeting they weren't invited to attend?

Oh wait, you can't even pass it onb a party line vote as the majority party...because Pelousy leads the House.

that really sucked, She should lose her seat for that stupidity.

Absolutely. McCain stated in the debate that the Republicans had nothing to do with the drafting of the original bailout. At that point, Pelosi told the Republicans they'd either sign it over, or they'd refuse to do anything.

Pelosi had said that Congress needed to pass the bill, even though it was an outgrowth of the "failed economic policies" of the last eight years.

"When was the last time someone asked you for $700 billion?" she asked. "It is a number that is staggering, but tells us only the costs of the Bush administration's failed economic policies — policies built on budgetary recklessness, on an anything goes mentality, with no regulation, no supervision, and no discipline in the system."

Let me get this straight, the Republican's feelings were hurt by Pelosi so they voted against the bill?

Jesus.

not so much hurt feelings. turn you tv down, they are upset that her party insists on laying the entire blame on the republican party.

It looks like it was a bi-partisan group of lawmakers according to WSJ that defeated the bailout Ravi. What does bi-partisan mean? Agreement of two political parties. If Pelosi wants to attack the Republicans, maybe she should explain those handful of Democrats who disagreed.

Last edited:
It looks like it was a bi-partisan group of lawmakers according to WSJ that defeated the bailout Ravi. What does bi-partisan mean? Agreement of two political parties. If Pelosi wants to attack the Republicans, maybe she should explain those handful of Democrats who disagreed.

Oh I'm watching four of the Dem leaders step to the mike and blame Republicans who voted against the bill, nary a word about the 94 Democrats who voted against it.

Oh I'm watching four of the Dem leaders step to the mike and blame Republicans who voted against the bill, nary a word about the 94 Democrats who voted against it.

It would be nice if we take all those people who voted "yes" on the bailout to be voted from office. First they should fix the problem that allowed this financial crisis to begin. Provide oversight/regulation. Don't provide $700 billion dollars for bailouts unless they fix the problem permanently.

I don't care if Pelosi got up there and ran her mouth, I applaud the fact that congress had the courage both Republican and Democrat saw what farce this bill was and defeated it.

Forum List

Back