It's All Pelosi's Fault

if repubs and the dems voting against it would get up and tell us why they opposed it, something other than pelosi hurt my feelings, i would be happier with them...

I don't care if Pelosi got up there and ran her mouth, I applaud the fact that congress had the courage both Republican and Democrat saw what farce this bill was and defeated it.

true, the Dems are in front of the camera now trying to make political heyday out of the 12 "Republicans hurt feelings" won't work for them cause the calls reportedly came into Washington 1000 to 1 against this bill.

Does anyone think, that some of the Nay votes both Republican and Democrat had something to do with and election comming up and the number of people calling into their offices saying you better vote no on this?

the rep party cares more about hurt feelings than the country. the rep party is down the tubes.

Does anyone think, that some of the Nay votes both Republican and Democrat had something to do with and election comming up and the number of people calling into their offices saying you better vote no on this?

as those same people see their retirement plan evaporate and jobs poof the calls will quickly reverse.

the market down 700 points just hurt alot of "average" people today. people who oppose this bailout are idiots.

It looks like it was a bi-partisan group of lawmakers according to WSJ that defeated the bailout Ravi. What does bi-partisan mean? Agreement of two political parties. If Pelosi wants to attack the Republicans, maybe she should explain those handful of Democrats who disagreed.
The Democrats that voted against it voted because they didn't agree with it. I'm okay with that. Boner is saying the Republicans voted against it because Nancy hurt their feelings. That's childish.

:lol:

the rep party cares more about hurt feelings than the country. the rep party is down the tubes.

Noto if this were the case then the democrats would not have needed the Republcans to pass this Bill , and the 90+ Democrats that voted against it? What are they? What you have seen go down in Washington the last several weeks is a display of why NOTHING gets done in Washington, and hasn't for a long time this attitude of " he said she said, and i'm taking my ball and going home" Do you know who suffers in the environment? We do, the average American citizen. The fact is that Bailout Bill protected NO one other than people that put us in this mess in the first place. If anyone , both democrat and republican wanted to address this issue in a realistic manner then they would addressed the issue by no betting on bad debt and hoping something happens.

the market down 700 points just hurt alot of "average" people today. people who oppose this bailout are idiots.

You need to take some time to actaully read the Bailout Bill, and see for yourself it provide NOTHING for the average consumer. It was a bill to buy bad debt in hopes that by doing so that the credit market would free up. No added oversight, other than gloden parachute provisions, some of the provisions on the insurance were optional in that a company could buy the insurance or take taxpayer money, so thats a non starter as no company is going to buy anything they can get for free. The governement with this bill was going to a big Blackjack table with 700 billion dollars and placing a bet and hoping to win.

if repubs and the dems voting against it would get up and tell us why they opposed it, something other than pelosi hurt my feelings, i would be happier with them...

you are aware are you not that Americans 1000 to 1 have called in opposing this bill. Some of them had sense enough to vote with their constituency.

their constituents are very happy with them. you would not have voted for them anyway so nothing lost nothing gained.

so it wasn't pelosi's fault for hurting their feelings? j/k u :lol:

lol Care you just want to see them Republicans "stomping their feet and saying, i'm taking my ball and going home" j/k I think they saw how much the people who actually put them into office were expressing their displeasure and decided to vote the way their constituents actually wanted them to vote for a change.

so it wasn't pelosi's fault for hurting their feelings? j/k u :lol:

Well, let's look at it this way. And, I watched the entire debate from start to finish so I know that every single congresscritter bar none, said they did not like this bill, repeat did not like this bill. Secondly they all said that they did not know if this would correct the market, that they hoped so. So, having said that we can assume they all were aware of the calls coming in from their constituencies. Then we can move on and assume they all had to figure out which side of the line they were going to fall on not knowing if this would work or not, knowing that Americans were overwhelmingly against it. KNowing that it could affect their reelection bids. So I can assume it was hard for each of them and there was much wavering. Now we come to Pelosi's speech. Blame the Rebublicans, blame the Republicans, Bush Bush Bush Bush failed policy, (I mean honest to god the woman needs to hang out somewhere other than KOS) yep, after hearing that I can see some of them deciding "fuck that bitch" and pulling the no lever. The Dems need to kick her to the curb.

Good. We shouldn't inject short-term benefits for long-term consequences. How can a bill that was handled by a small minority of Democrats going to solve anything? It took them a week? Does one week of negotiation going to fix anything? It didn't take one week to end the great depression of the 1930s. Certainly, it isn't going to take one week to end a financial crisis that involves $700 billion of money we don't have.

People who support this bailouts should be banished from Washington immediately. Our government should be fixing the problem of oversight and regulation on the financial institutions that provided these bad loans. You fix the problem that cause a crisis first before you inject any financial value to it.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back