‘It’s A Serious Degree’: Students Across US Now Majoring In Marijuana At Colleges

The Purge

Platinum Member
Aug 16, 2018
‘It’s A Serious Degree’

In the context of the state of academia at present, that's probably not too wrong.

Meanwhile, China cranks out electrical, mechanical, software, and nuclear engineers at an amazing pace.

I don't think they teach Marijuana Studies at colleges in China, or India, or Iran.

But there is NO MONEY in the above fields compared to Americas ZEST FOR DRUGS!!!

GALLOWAY TOWNSHIP, N.J. (CBS) — Colleges are now adding cannabis to their curriculum. Grace DeNoya is used to getting snickers when people learn she’s majoring in marijuana.

“My friends make good-natured jokes about getting a degree in weed,” said DeNoya, one of the first students in a new four-year degree program in medicinal plant chemistry at Northern Michigan University. “I say, ‘No, it’s a serious degree, a chemistry degree first and foremost. It’s hard work. Organic chemistry is a bear.'”

As a green gold rush in legal marijuana and its non-drug cousin hemp spreads across North America, a growing number of colleges are adding cannabis to the curriculum to prepare graduates for careers cultivating, researching, analyzing and marketing the herb.

(Excerpt) Read more at philadelphia.cbslocal.com

In college, I spent hours studying street pharmacology.

Of course, it wasn't part of the curriculum.

As full legalization is all but guaranteed within the next decade. Fortunes are going to be made in the Marijuana market. While a “marijuana” curriculum by itself seems absurd; the business opportunities opened up by decriminalization are innumerable.

‘It’s A Serious Degree’

In the context of the state of academia at present, that's probably not too wrong.

Meanwhile, China cranks out electrical, mechanical, software, and nuclear engineers at an amazing pace.

I don't think they teach Marijuana Studies at colleges in China, or India, or Iran.

But there is NO MONEY in the above fields compared to Americas ZEST FOR DRUGS!!!

GALLOWAY TOWNSHIP, N.J. (CBS) — Colleges are now adding cannabis to their curriculum. Grace DeNoya is used to getting snickers when people learn she’s majoring in marijuana.

“My friends make good-natured jokes about getting a degree in weed,” said DeNoya, one of the first students in a new four-year degree program in medicinal plant chemistry at Northern Michigan University. “I say, ‘No, it’s a serious degree, a chemistry degree first and foremost. It’s hard work. Organic chemistry is a bear.'”

As a green gold rush in legal marijuana and its non-drug cousin hemp spreads across North America, a growing number of colleges are adding cannabis to the curriculum to prepare graduates for careers cultivating, researching, analyzing and marketing the herb.

It is extremely rare for anyone to go to college today and not come out of it not only more stupid than when they came in, but so much more stupid that they have regressed to levels of mental deficiency.

As full legalization is all but guaranteed within the next decade. Fortunes are going to be made in the Marijuana market. While a “marijuana” curriculum by itself seems absurd; the business opportunities opened up by decriminalization are innumerable.
There won’t be a next decade.

‘It’s A Serious Degree’

It is extremely rare for anyone to go to college today and not come out of it not only more stupid than when they came in, but so much more stupid that they have regressed to levels of mental deficiency.
That’s dependent on the field of study. But for the most part at least 60% of the current crop of college entrants have no business whatsoever going to college. For the majority of that 60%; it will be a mistake that haunts, and hinders them for a large portion of the rest of their lives...

‘It’s A Serious Degree’

So, how long were you in college to achieve your level of ignorance?

‘It’s A Serious Degree’

That was my ma\jor back in the 80s.

Forum List

Back