It's a Black Thing

Status
Not open for further replies.

CarlinAnnArbor

Diamond Member
Aug 15, 2016
I honestly think there is NO reason to what they do except to hurt and destroy, but we see the behaviour over and over again.

bronx-elderly-assault.jpg

The entire incident was captured on surveillance video. Hernandez fell to the ground and lost consciousness, suffering a laceration to his forehead and fractures to his nose and face.

Miguel Santos is now desperate to speak to his elderly father, who is in critical condition in Lincoln Hospital.

“Never seen him that way. He was just there unconscious,” he said. “It seems like he’s trying to wake up but he can’t. He can’t open his eyes, can’t open his left eye at all. It’s swollen shut.”

Hernandez has lived in the Longwood section of the Bronx for decades and was walking his usual route around the neighborhood.

“If he can, goes to church five, six, seven days a week,” Santos said. “He goes every single day and he walks himself. He doesn’t have an aide.”

What has both Miguel and investigators confused is the motive behind this brutal attack.

“Everything is still here, even cash was still in his pocket,’ said Santos. “Everything is still here, credit cards.”

Police say the attacker didn’t say a word before knocking Hernandez unconscious, leaving him in the street. He then fled eastbound on Fox Street.

Search Continues For Suspect In 'Unprovoked Attack' On 83-Year-Old Man In The Bronx

I honestly think there is NO reason to what they do except to hurt and destroy, but we see the behaviour over and over again.

The entire incident was captured on surveillance video. Hernandez fell to the ground and lost consciousness, suffering a laceration to his forehead and fractures to his nose and face.

Miguel Santos is now desperate to speak to his elderly father, who is in critical condition in Lincoln Hospital.

“Never seen him that way. He was just there unconscious,” he said. “It seems like he’s trying to wake up but he can’t. He can’t open his eyes, can’t open his left eye at all. It’s swollen shut.”

Hernandez has lived in the Longwood section of the Bronx for decades and was walking his usual route around the neighborhood.

“If he can, goes to church five, six, seven days a week,” Santos said. “He goes every single day and he walks himself. He doesn’t have an aide.”

What has both Miguel and investigators confused is the motive behind this brutal attack.

“Everything is still here, even cash was still in his pocket,’ said Santos. “Everything is still here, credit cards.”

Police say the attacker didn’t say a word before knocking Hernandez unconscious, leaving him in the street. He then fled eastbound on Fox Street.

Search Continues For Suspect In 'Unprovoked Attack' On 83-Year-Old Man In The Bronx

Nature or Nurture?

Whenever I want to learn more about black folk I always turn to white guys with issues with black folk to get the real scoop.

Currently the whole Black Lives Matter scandal is being covered up by white owned media outlets because The Movement (what BLM tried to co-opt) isn't in their "network."

Was a massive scam against our community.

If we had our own media (and it wasn't sabotaged) we'd be able to represent ourselves much better and protect our image. Too bad BLM sabotaged that (its white owned)

What does that have to do with these senseless crimes?

It sounds like the OP is making it 'innate' that black people are violent which isn't the case.

Edit: The example provided shows how our image in media is being manipulated, and our communities

I'm su

I'm assuming that by "they" you mean black men. I want to share something with you: When I was in my early 20's I was attacked by a black man, thrown down a flight of stairs and threatened with rape. I am a Christian, so my first reaction was to pray. I was saved from any serious injury, but I spent that night seeing his black face every time I tried to close my eyes. But in the light of the next morning I could also see the faces of Brother Joe, Brother Sam, Brother Charles and Brother Matt, all wonderful black men I'd come to know personally.

My attacker, Frosty, was one black man. One black man that scared me. One black man that threatened me. But could I say from then on that black men are scary? No, just that Frosty was. Could I saw that black men are violent? No, just that Frosty was. I learned from that any many other experiences, that I can not and must not stereotype black men.

The media shows us one side of a very complex, multi-layered issue. We must form opinions based on our experiences, not by what is fed to us on the news.

I'm assuming "they" is black people. I am a white woman and I want to share something with you. When I was in my early 20's I was attacked, thrown down a flight of stairs and threatened with rape. I'm a Christian so my first response was to pray. I was unharmed, but that night I just kept seeing his black face every time I closed my eyes.

But in the light of the next morning I saw the faces of Brother Joe, Brother Sam, Brother Charles and Brother Matt, all wonderful black men I'd come to know.

Frosty, the guy who attacked me, was one black man. One black man that scared me. One black man that threatened me. But could I honestly say from then on that black men are scary? No, just that Frosty was. Could I say that black men are violent? No, just that Frosty was. As an individual I learned from that and many other experiences, that I can not and must not stereotype black men.

We need to form our opinions from our personal experiences and not from what we are force fed by the media.

^^Really sorry to hear about your story and glad that it wasn't worse. Nobody should have to go through that.

The way some play the "race" game there's no winning. That's why I brought up what was being done to manipulate the races.

bump.

bump.
The problem here is the word "they." When I see an isolated, cherry-picked video I wonder what reason that one person had for the violence. Maybe he is mentally ill. Maybe he is high on something. Maybe his brother was killed by a white cop and he is killing in revenge. He, as an individual, obviously has a problem.

But I could, if I wished, post a video of a white guy doing something totally gruesome to a black person - like when the guys with the truck tied a black guy to the back of it and dragged him. Such videos do exist - they just don't get the widespread viewing like this one does. People are not as quick to share them because they are not trying to "prove a point." When I watch true crime shows, I.D., 48 Hours, Forensic Files, etc. there are many, many stories of white people killing innocent folks. Oh, and the one where the murders happen in rich people's mansions.

But even if I saw such a video, that would not give anyone the right to say "they" - "white people" always behave that way. We do not try to make white people's actions indicative of their entire race. We do, however, try to make black people's actions indicative of their entire race.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back