"It was God's will. It was her time to go, I guess"

Synthaholic

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2010
Fucking hillbillies.

5-year-old Kentucky boy fatally shoots 2-year-old sister

A Kentucky mother stepped outside of her home just for a few minutes, but it was long enough for her 5-year-old son to accidentally shoot and kill his 2-year-old sister with the .22-caliber rifle he got for his birthday, state officials said.

The shooting that took the life of Caroline Sparks in southern Kentucky has been ruled an accident, Kentucky State Police Trooper Billy Gregory said.

"It's just one of those nightmares," he said, "a quick thing that happens when you turn your back."

Young children in the area are often introduced to guns at an early age, Gregory said.

"In this part of the country, it's not uncommon for a 5-year-old to have a gun or for a parent to pass one down to their kid," he said.

Her family kept the Crickett rifle in what they considered to be a safe spot, Cumberland County Coroner Gary White told the CNN affiliate.

The boy was playing with it Tuesday when it accidentally went off and killed his sister, White said.

"The little Crickett rifle is a single-shot rifle, and it has a child safety," White told CNN. "It's just a tragic situation."

Kids and guns: 'These are not isolated tragedies'

The Crickett website features three .22-caliber rifle models for kids, with shoulder stock colors ranging from pink to red, white and blue swirls. "My first rifle" is the company's slogan.

Family members Wednesday described the shooting as an accident.

"He just picked (the gun) up before he realized it," grandmother Linda Riddle told WLEX.

Riddle said her granddaughter enjoyed singing and playing outdoors, and she loved her brother.

"It's just tragic," uncle David Mann told the CNN affiliate. "It's something that you can't prepare for."

Riddle said she is devastated, but comforted knowing that her granddaughter is in a better place.

"It was God's will. It was her time to go, I guess," she told WLEX. "I just know she's in heaven right now and I know she's in good hands with the Lord."

CarolineSparks' death comes after two other incidents in recent months involving young children shooting others. In early April, a 4-year-old boy in Tennessee shot and killed a 48-year-old woman, and just days later, 6-year-old Brandon Holt was killed in New Jersey after being shot in the head by his 4-year-old playmate.

Fucking hillbillies.

A Kentucky mother stepped outside of her home just for a few minutes, but it was long enough for her 5-year-old son to accidentally shoot and kill his 2-year-old sister with the .22-caliber rifle he got for his birthday, state officials said.

The shooting that took the life of Caroline Sparks in southern Kentucky has been ruled an accident, Kentucky State Police Trooper Billy Gregory said.

"It's just one of those nightmares," he said, "a quick thing that happens when you turn your back."

Young children in the area are often introduced to guns at an early age, Gregory said.

"In this part of the country, it's not uncommon for a 5-year-old to have a gun or for a parent to pass one down to their kid," he said.

Her family kept the Crickett rifle in what they considered to be a safe spot, Cumberland County Coroner Gary White told the CNN affiliate.

The boy was playing with it Tuesday when it accidentally went off and killed his sister, White said.

"The little Crickett rifle is a single-shot rifle, and it has a child safety," White told CNN. "It's just a tragic situation."

The Crickett website features three .22-caliber rifle models for kids, with shoulder stock colors ranging from pink to red, white and blue swirls. "My first rifle" is the company's slogan.

"He just picked (the gun) up before he realized it," grandmother Linda Riddle told WLEX.

Riddle said her granddaughter enjoyed singing and playing outdoors, and she loved her brother.

"It's just tragic," uncle David Mann told the CNN affiliate. "It's something that you can't prepare for."

Riddle said she is devastated, but comforted knowing that her granddaughter is in a better place.

"It was God's will. It was her time to go, I guess," she told WLEX. "I just know she's in heaven right now and I know she's in good hands with the Lord."

CarolineSparks' death comes after two other incidents in recent months involving young children shooting others. In early April, a 4-year-old boy in Tennessee shot and killed a 48-year-old woman, and just days later, 6-year-old Brandon Holt was killed in New Jersey after being shot in the head by his 4-year-old playmate.

When did Obama become a hillbilly?

Then again the far left religion has done far worse, but yet you still worship their messiah..

How very sad for this family. I can't even imagine their pain. Why in the world was there ammo in the rifle? Parents at fault for this, it should have been out of reach until the child was mature enough to know how to handle it.

What idiot buys a 5 year old a .22 cal rifle?
Kentucky hillbilly idiots.

But she's in a better place now, Moonglow! It was God's will, Moonglow!
Hardly was it God's idea to buy a child a rifle...
Sure..I bet they have six shooters in their bibs also...

How very sad for this family. I can't even imagine their pain. Why in the world was there ammo in the rifle? Parents at fault for this, it should have been out of reach until the child was mature enough to know how to handle it.
From the article they don't seem to be in that much pain.

This story is actually a couple of years old, but it is still outrageous that these guns are marketed to, and bought by parents. Here are some happy kids playing with their Cricket rifles:

PHOTOS: Here's how the rifle that just killed a 2-year-old girl is marketed for kids
Thanks - I didn't realize that, and didn't notice the date. It was a link at the bottom of another CNN.com story I was reading, so I assumed it was current.

But even 2 years later, she's still in a better place!

Fucking hillbillies.

It was God's will that the parents were as thick as three short planks and lacking the skills to bring their children up properly.

Forum List

Back