It Seems We've Reached A Point Where Law Cannot Be Imposed Upon Black Individuals -

Uh, guy, here's the problem you don't get. FDR and Obama didn't cause those recessions. Hoover and Bush did.

As you know, both FDR and Obama greatly extended the recovery time of, one the Great Depression and two, the Great Recession.

Why is that a good thing?

President Trump lowered the unemployment for all to record levels and will do it again in spite of the efforts by China.

Actually, 26 million more people got health insurance under ACA. That's why Trump didn't cancel it, because he knew it would be bad for the MAGAt's who don't realize that ACA and ObamaCare are the same thing.

They just can't afford to use it with $6,000 and $12,000 deductibles.

You're like THE last dude in the universe who should be lecturing anyone about “ignorance”

And yet it is you who has yet to answer the simple questions I posed to you.

I'll post them again for your convenience.

"Who signed the Criminal Justice Reform Act? What did it do? You don't know what it is, do you?"

Oh you mean the same one that he tossed by Obama? Spare us. :rolleyes-41:

Yes, failed former President Barack Hussein Obama MENTIONED it in a speech but did nothing. Now once again,

"Who signed the Criminal Justice Reform Act? What did it do? You don't know what it is, do you?"

The bottom line is to stop being a racist.

Hey, can you provide me an example of the Utopian society that existed anytime in history where there was no racism, bigotry, etc.. and everyone just got along, loving each other?

No, you can't... because that will has and never ever will happen due to human nature. Even if we were all the same "race" people would find reasons to cause strife.

Get a grip, friend. You are never going to stamp out racism, and they way folks like you are going about it just creates more racists.

You're like THE last dude in the universe who should be lecturing anyone about “ignorance”

Yes, failed former President Barack Hussein Obama MENTIONED it in a speech but did nothing. Now once again,

I might think about answering your question if you'll stop lying about Obama. Tangerine Tornado tossed everything Obama did on criminal justice reform in the trash. Donnie wanted cops to be "tougher". Fuck that silliness of protecting heads. Rough em up!

Hey, can you provide me an example of the Utopian society that existed anytime in history where there was no racism, bigotry, etc.. and everyone just got along, loving each other?

No, you can't... because that will has and never ever will happen due to human nature. Even if we were all the same "race" people would find reasons to cause strife.

Get a grip, friend. You are never going to stamp out racism, and they way folks like you are going about it just creates more racists.

Brilliant post newbie.
It's human nature to be racist? Never been in my nature.
PS: There's no "e" in juicy

Brilliant post newbie.

My profile name is a play on words and isn't supposed to be spelled correctly, Silly buns! But thanks for pointing out an intentional spelling mistake, while dodging the point I was making. Classic lefty behavior :auiqs.jpg:

Go ahead and find me an example in human history of the utopian society that existed that all your crybaby bleeding hearts envision we are all capable of achieving. The society that was free of racism, bigotry, discrimination, hatred, violence, mean words, and everything else you incessant whiners say is "oppressive or racist".

Your utopia will never happen. Even if you authoritative maniacs got what you wanted people would revolt against that simply due to human nature. You are screaming into the void for a insurmountable cause.

Brilliant post newbie.

My profile name is a play on words and isn't supposed to be spelled correctly, Silly buns! But thanks for pointing out an intentional spelling mistake, while dodging the point I was making. Classic lefty behavior :auiqs.jpg:

Go ahead and find me an example in human history of the utopian society that existed that all your crybaby bleeding hearts envision we are all capable of achieving. The society that was free of racism, bigotry, discrimination, hatred, violence, mean words, and everything else you incessant whiners say is "oppressive or racist".

Your utopia will never happen. Even if you authoritative maniacs got what you wanted people would revolt against that simply due to human nature. You are screaming into the void for a insurmountable cause.

I'm not looking for a utopia Juicy dude with an "e" and intense demographic anxiety. You should probably pray that when the US is minority white around 2040, you're no longer around. We'll pray along with you.

Brilliant post newbie.

I'm not looking for a utopia Juicy dude with an "e" and intense demographic anxiety. You should probably pray that when the US is minority white around 2040, you're no longer around. We'll pray along with you.

So...like I said, it seems possibly you maybe harboring some racism? And are happily perpetuating behaviors that create more racists. Good for you.

Last edited:
Unemployment was at record highs for everyone but that was because Governors across the country panicked and closed their States economies down. That had zero to do with anything Trump did or didn't do! Now you on the left are desperate to keep things closed down for as long as you can while the GOP is pushing to get people back working again. People are going to remember who it was that cared about their businesses and their jobs come November and who were willing to see businesses close up for good for political purposes!

Um, no. Polls show that most people think Trump is the guy who fucked this up, not the governors. The fact that Covid is now spiking in the red states because they didn't take precautions is telling.

The biggest problem Trump has that being a malignant narcissist, he's incapable of realizing how these disasters effect anyone but himself.

You see, the Faustian Bargain you guys put out there was that as long as the economy was good, Trump's behavior was tolerable.

Now... it sucks. It's going to keep sucking until November.

FDR and Obama oversaw The Great Depression and The Great Recession! Each of them thought that massive spending in the Public Sector would create jobs in the Private Sector and both were shown to be wrong about that.

Actually, we've never gotten out of a recession without massive government spending. Did you forget the 4 Trillion Trump has spent on this recession? Man, Obama wishes he had to spend that kind of money. FDR would have liked to have spent that kind of money, and I guess we did when WWII broke out.

My parents used to say, Democrats brought us wars and Republicans brought us recessions. Now Republicans bring us both.

Admit it, Joey…you're hoping that the economy doesn't recover by the Fall because you know that's the only thing that gives an idiot like Joe Biden a chance to be elected!

Actually, Biden was leading Trump in the polls before TRUMP PLAGUE, TRUMP RECESSION and TRUMP RIOTS broke out.

People had a feeling Trump was going to fuck this all up... and he has.

We've never gotten out of a recession without massive government spending. Never.

always-S.jpg

I might think about answering your question if you'll stop lying about Obama. Tangerine Tornado tossed everything Obama did on criminal justice reform in the trash. Donnie wanted cops to be "tougher". Fuck that silliness of protecting heads. Rough em up!

Donnie did not want cops to be tougher. But he did want law and order. There is a difference.

Donnie did not want cops to be tougher. But he did want law and order. There is a difference.

You just don't pay a bit of attention do you? Sad :confused:

Please name a recession we got out of without massive government spending.

Don't worry. You can't.

Since you asked. Instead of a Recession, how about a huge Depression instead?

ECONOMICS, HISTORY, REVIEWS
The Forgotten Depression—1921, by James Grant
Michael A. LaFerrara September 4, 2015
The Forgotten Depression—1921: The Crash That Cured Itself, by James Grant. New York: Simon & Schuster, 2014. 281 pp., $28 (hardcover).
[...]
The 1920–21 depression, Grant shows, was a severe one. As he notes in chapter 5, “A Depression in Fact” (pp. 67–79), unemployment soared as wages fell sharply, business income plunged, commercial failures tripled, farm income—which then comprised nearly a fifth of the economy—fell by more than half, and stock prices plummeted by nearly half. Wholesale prices, consumer prices, and farm prices plunged by 36.8 percent, 10.8 percent, and 41.3 percent, respectively, exceeding “for speed of decline . . . even the Great Depression” (p. 68). “The perpendicular plunge in commodity prices was something new in post-Napoleonic history,” Grant observes. “Never before had they fallen so far and so fast” (p. 182).
[...]

“So depression it was,” Grant concludes. “What would the government do about it?”

It would implement settled doctrine, as governments usually do. In 1920–21, this meant balancing the federal budget, raising interest rates to protect the Federal Reserve’s gold position and allowing prices and wages to find a new, lower level. Critically, what it would not do was what the Hoover administration so energetically attempted to do a decade later: There would be no federally led drive to maintain nominal wage rates and no governmentally orchestrated work sharing. For this reason, not least, no one would wind up affixing the label “great” on the depression of 1920–21. (pp. 71–72)
[...]
The depression of 1920–21 was terrible in its own way. In comparison to what was to follow, it was also, in its own way, a triumph. (p. 218)
A “triumph,” that is, for “the hero of my narrative, . . . the price mechanism, Adam Smith’s invisible hand” (p. 2). Grant, according to the front inside jacket of the book, wrote “The Forgotten Depression” as “a free-market rejoinder to Bush’s and Obama’s Keynesian stimulus applied to the 2007–9 recession.”

###

Since you asked. Instead of a Recession, how about a huge Depression instead?

You have to go back to 1921 to find one. I think you are kind of proving my point.

Okay, here's the problem with 1921. The proximate cause of the recession was a sharp CUT in government spending, when all the spending that was done in WWI suddenly stopped. There was also the problem that US Agriculture benefited greatly from the war, but not so much when the war ended and all those soldiers in Europe went back to farming. Oh, not to mention the 1919 Flu Pandemic.

Oh, but sorry, bud, the government DID intervene to bail out the economy in 1921.

President Woodrow Wilson's slow response to the depression was criticized by those in the Republican party, catapulting them into the White House under the banner of Warren Harding. Once in office, Harding convened a President's Conference on Unemployment at the instigation of then Commerce Secretary Herbert Hoover as a result of rising unemployment during the recession. About 300 eminent members of industry, banking and labor were called together in September 1921 to discuss the problem of unemployment. Hoover organized the economic conference and a committee on unemployment. The committee established a branch in every state having substantial unemployment, along with sub-branches in local communities and mayors' emergency committees in 31 cities. The committee contributed relief to the unemployed, and also organized collaboration between the local and federal governments. President Harding signed the Emergency Tariff of 1921 and the Fordney–McCumber Tariff. Secretary of Treasury Andrew Mellon also successfully pushed for lower income tax rates to help the recovery.

You have to go back to 1921 to find one. I think you are kind of proving my point.

Okay, here's the problem with 1921. The proximate cause of the recession was a sharp CUT in government spending, when all the spending that was done in WWI suddenly stopped. There was also the problem that US Agriculture benefited greatly from the war, but not so much when the war ended and all those soldiers in Europe went back to farming. Oh, not to mention the 1919 Flu Pandemic.

Oh, but sorry, bud, the government DID intervene to bail out the economy in 1921.

President Woodrow Wilson's slow response to the depression was criticized by those in the Republican party, catapulting them into the White House under the banner of Warren Harding. Once in office, Harding convened a President's Conference on Unemployment at the instigation of then Commerce Secretary Herbert Hoover as a result of rising unemployment during the recession. About 300 eminent members of industry, banking and labor were called together in September 1921 to discuss the problem of unemployment. Hoover organized the economic conference and a committee on unemployment. The committee established a branch in every state having substantial unemployment, along with sub-branches in local communities and mayors' emergency committees in 31 cities. The committee contributed relief to the unemployed, and also organized collaboration between the local and federal governments. President Harding signed the Emergency Tariff of 1921 and the Fordney–McCumber Tariff. Secretary of Treasury Andrew Mellon also successfully pushed for lower income tax rates to help the recovery.

Just chalk it up to your ignorance about the economic history of our country. I didn't even go to a recession but a full-blown Depression.

Mike%20Tyson-Th.gif

Last edited:
Just chalk it up to your ignorance about the economic history of our country. I didn't even go to a recession but a full-blown Depression.

And I pointed out to you that it really didn't meet your criteria. First, there was massive government spending to stop it. Second, it's cause was that there was a massive amount of government spending that had caused the end of the previous depression (World War I)

As far as the difference between "recessions' and "Depressions", there isn't one. They started calling them "Recessions" because after 1929, the word Depression caused dread. The word Depression was picked up because the previous term "Panic" was so scary to people.

Forum List

Back