It keeps getting worse, not better

I heard on the radio this morning that congress is working on reinstating a version of the PAYGO rules that balanced the federal budget back in the 90's. ( PAYGO - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia )

It is a bit like shutting the barn door after the horse is gone, but it makes sense to repair the door, just in case you get another horse any time soon.

-Joe

Had Bush been under a Paygo policy we would be far better off now. But the financial meltdown has been building for many decades. Every since people like Boesky were allowed to dismember previously sound businesses. That was legal piracy, and started the downward spiral that the Republican taste for deregulation put into overdrive.

21. Wolves on Wall Street

Can President Obama repair the damages of decades of greed as a virtue? I don't know, but I would rather have him in there trying than more Republican puppet handlers trying to figure how thay can extort even more money from an already debt ridden populace.

No they didn't.

You stick to being an expert on Kiwi politics and we Yanks will stick to ours.

Really?
In September 2000, due to a then-improving debt situation, the clock started to run backwards.[3] With the original purpose of the clock being to highlight the rising debt and the reverse giving a mixed message, and with the clock not being designed to run backwards,[6] the clock was unplugged and covered with a red, white and blue curtain in September 2000, with the national debt standing at roughly 5.7 trillion dollars.[4] The clock was not dismantled however, and in July 2002 the curtain was raised and the clock once again picked up tracking a rising debt, starting at 6.1 trillion dollars.[8]

I suggest you do your research better....
...and I've never claimed to be an expert about any politics - NZ or otherwise....

They switched the clock off under Clinton's watch...put it back into service under Bush....shrug....
No they didn't.

Interest on federal debt kept accumulating even though the budget was allegedly balanced.

And the budget was never ever really balanced.....The supposed "balanced budget" agreement projected that balance to occur in 2002.

Sure one hell of a lot closer than under the criminal Bush.

They switched the clock off under Clinton's watch...put it back into service under Bush....shrug....
No they didn't.

Interest on federal debt kept accumulating even though the budget was allegedly balanced.

And the budget was never ever really balanced.....The supposed "balanced budget" agreement projected that balance to occur in 2002.

That wasn't the point, and you know it.

fail.

No they didn't.

Really?
In September 2000, due to a then-improving debt situation, the clock started to run backwards.[3] With the original purpose of the clock being to highlight the rising debt and the reverse giving a mixed message, and with the clock not being designed to run backwards,[6] the clock was unplugged and covered with a red, white and blue curtain in September 2000, with the national debt standing at roughly 5.7 trillion dollars.[4] The clock was not dismantled however, and in July 2002 the curtain was raised and the clock once again picked up tracking a rising debt, starting at 6.1 trillion dollars.[8]

I suggest you do your research better....
...and I've never claimed to be an expert about any politics - NZ or otherwise....
So, you're using some silly advertising gimmick as proof, rather than the actual numbers from the various federal agencies, which showed that the debt increased by virtue of the ballooning interest payments on the existing debt??

Mmmmmmmmmmm'kaaaay. :rolleyes:

No they didn't.

That wasn't the point, and you know it.

fail.

Rocks has his own point...his head...

Forum List

Back