'It just seems wrong.' GOP rep admits tax scam he voted for rips off working people

ScienceRocks

Democrat all the way!
Mar 16, 2010
The Good insane United states of America
'It just seems wrong.' GOP rep admits tax scam he voted for rips off working people
“It just seems wrong.” GOP rep admits tax scam he voted for rips off working people
Rep. Tom Cole knows the GOP tax scheme will hurt working Americans — but his colleagues told him to vote for it anyway. So he did.

There’s not much to like about the GOP tax scheme. The bill, drafted hurriedly and under the cover of darkness, is wildly unpopular among the American people and economists alike, with little to offer other than corporate giveaways and tax cuts for the rich.

But that didn’t stop Republicans like Rep. Tom Cole from voting for it — even though he admitted in a recent interview that “it just seems wrong” that the scam is, quite simply, a massive giveaway to the rich paid for by working class Americans.

Speaking with CNBC, Cole conceded that he’s not much of a “deep economic thinker” and didn’t pay much attention to those fancy tax analyses conducted by non-partisan agencies, almost all of which excoriated the bill for increasing the federal deficit without boosting economic growth.

“He doesn’t know what the models are,” CNBC noted, “but doesn’t worry much about that.”

Instead of turning to things like evidence and numbers, Cole relied on his GOP colleagues to tell him how to vote on the bill, which delivers massive tax cuts to the wealthiest Americans but offers little else for the rest of the population. Cole likes the way his colleagues think, and it was apparently easier to listen to their reassurances than to grapple with all those pesky facts and figures.

“In the end I’m going to trust the people who are philosophically aligned with me,” he told CNBC.

Idiocy is what this bill is.

They know this is a shit bill, just as they knew they wouldn't be able to repeal and replace the ACA.

But they exist at the pleasure and mercy of their contributors and their "base".

Just another great example of why we need term limits, publicly-funded elections and a Balanced Budget Amendment.

“It just seems wrong.” GOP rep admits tax scam he voted for rips off working people
Rep. Tom Cole knows the GOP tax scheme will hurt working Americans — but his colleagues told him to vote for it anyway. So he did.

There’s not much to like about the GOP tax scheme. The bill, drafted hurriedly and under the cover of darkness, is wildly unpopular among the American people and economists alike, with little to offer other than corporate giveaways and tax cuts for the rich.

But that didn’t stop Republicans like Rep. Tom Cole from voting for it — even though he admitted in a recent interview that “it just seems wrong” that the scam is, quite simply, a massive giveaway to the rich paid for by working class Americans.

Speaking with CNBC, Cole conceded that he’s not much of a “deep economic thinker” and didn’t pay much attention to those fancy tax analyses conducted by non-partisan agencies, almost all of which excoriated the bill for increasing the federal deficit without boosting economic growth.

“He doesn’t know what the models are,” CNBC noted, “but doesn’t worry much about that.”

Instead of turning to things like evidence and numbers, Cole relied on his GOP colleagues to tell him how to vote on the bill, which delivers massive tax cuts to the wealthiest Americans but offers little else for the rest of the population. Cole likes the way his colleagues think, and it was apparently easier to listen to their reassurances than to grapple with all those pesky facts and figures.

“In the end I’m going to trust the people who are philosophically aligned with me,” he told CNBC.

Is this what the media fed you today? Was it good?

I glanced at a few MSM articles are they are FAKE NEWS!. Removing the Obamacare mandate for example in which White people were forced to pay for non-White insurance is called "cruel, and mean spirited."

I glanced at a few MSM articles are they are FAKE NEWS!. Removing the Obamacare mandate for example in which White people were forced to pay for non-White insurance is called "cruel, and mean spirited."

Is there anything you Trump lemmings won't turn into a racist rant?

Are there any far right people that are not racist or is it a requirement for being far right?

I think it is time for the Congressmen and Senators to get a pay cut, a pay cut down to what is the Median household income, which is about $60,000....

This way, when they legislate and give tax cuts, or tax increases, they can be at the right mindset for middle America.

Those in favor, say YEA! :D

LOL

TRUE BLUE... Geroge Soros left wing propagandist site the sister of MSDNC, CNN, and Media SPLATTERS.... LOL...

LMAO...

Butt hurt libs crying about the healthcare bill being gutted and killed... WAAAAAAAaaaaaa thier taking away my free stuff..... WAAAaaaaaaaa...

Less than 1/2 the country even pays any significant income taxes, so MAXIMUM POSSIBLE popularity of GOPs tax bill is 40%.

Trump's immigration proposals are 80% popular.

GOP: LET'S START WITH TAX CUTS!

This bill is flood up to the 1 or 2%. Most of these assholes have hurt this country greatly during the past 40 years with their goddamn outsourcing and offshoring.

Trump lied and you fell for it. You can't admit it because you'd have to admit that you're a fool.

Is this what the media fed you today? Was it good?

You destroyed the thread with 8 words outstanding! :laugh: I read the bill today, and hand calculated my taxes for next year compared to this year, president Trump doubled my tax refund. I still pay a shit ton of taxes but its nice to get back twice what I will this year on about the same income.

It is wrong! NaziCon trickle-down bullshit is nothing but lies. That "theory" has never worked. Never! Trump is just kicking the debt can down the road to enrich his already rich friends at the expense of future generations of poor and middle class Americans. On Christmas Day - think about the millions who will also lose their health insurance in order to help pay for Trump's tax cut con job. People will die.

It is wrong! NaziCon trickle-down bullshit is nothing but lies. That "theory" has never worked. Never! Trump is just kicking the debt can down the road to enrich his already rich friends at the expense of future generations of poor and middle class Americans. On Christmas Day - think about the millions who will also lose their health insurance in order to help pay for Trump's tax cut con job. People will die.

"NaziCon"? "People will die"? The left are losing it and the bill hasn't even passed yet. :laugh:

They know this is a shit bill, just as they knew they wouldn't be able to repeal and replace the ACA.

But they exist at the pleasure and mercy of their contributors and their "base".

Just another great example of why we need term limits, publicly-funded elections and a Balanced Budget Amendment.

Yeah especially the corporate tax cut rate, which lowers the corporate tax from 2nd highest in the world, to sub-EU levels.

A boon is for sure not going to happen.

Other than that the corrupt ones should have no business in Washington.

Huh seriously..

So the spin is racism and no choice?

So to the blacks removing the mandate means whity don't have to pay for blacks?

I doubt anyone here thinks you’ll ever understand anything outside of the world you’ve created for yourself. The same can be said for the family you’ve posted about.
There’s a reason why your life is troubled, ScienceRocks. It has nothing to do with your family or us.

If you guys don't want your tax cut you can send it to me
We want the tax cuts for middle America, we do NOT want to go in to debt to fund the BIG Multi National Corporation's PERMANENT tax cut down to 21% without any real REFORM to what they can deduct....

without repairing the loopholes and without an assurance that in order to get the tax cut, they need to reinvest in the USA and raise their existing employee salaries. This is a 40% PERMANENT TAX CUT for them, with no promises or assurances of any kind to bring jobs home or increase jobs here etc....

If they owed a million dollars in taxes, they will now owe $600k

the average American household income is $60k, the average tax cut will be $1000-$1200 for them...

BIG DEAL

While medicaid and medicare and social security, O-Care, CHIP will get cuts to pay for the BIG Corps and Trump's multi million dollar windfall all in the GUISE that it will some day, some decade, trickle down.

It is VOODOO ECONOMICS and simply a payback by the Republicans to their masters....their big donors.

and there is absolutely NO CHANCE now, of any investment in the USA infrastructure, which is the one thing that would ensure a better future for our Nation and our Nation's children.

Forum List

Back