'It just seems wrong.' GOP rep admits tax scam he voted for rips off working people

'It just seems wrong.' GOP rep admits tax scam he voted for rips off working people
“It just seems wrong.” GOP rep admits tax scam he voted for rips off working people
Rep. Tom Cole knows the GOP tax scheme will hurt working Americans — but his colleagues told him to vote for it anyway. So he did.

There’s not much to like about the GOP tax scheme. The bill, drafted hurriedly and under the cover of darkness, is wildly unpopular among the American people and economists alike, with little to offer other than corporate giveaways and tax cuts for the rich.

But that didn’t stop Republicans like Rep. Tom Cole from voting for it — even though he admitted in a recent interview that “it just seems wrong” that the scam is, quite simply, a massive giveaway to the rich paid for by working class Americans.

Speaking with CNBC, Cole conceded that he’s not much of a “deep economic thinker” and didn’t pay much attention to those fancy tax analyses conducted by non-partisan agencies, almost all of which excoriated the bill for increasing the federal deficit without boosting economic growth.

“He doesn’t know what the models are,” CNBC noted, “but doesn’t worry much about that.”

Instead of turning to things like evidence and numbers, Cole relied on his GOP colleagues to tell him how to vote on the bill, which delivers massive tax cuts to the wealthiest Americans but offers little else for the rest of the population. Cole likes the way his colleagues think, and it was apparently easier to listen to their reassurances than to grapple with all those pesky facts and figures.

“In the end I’m going to trust the people who are philosophically aligned with me,” he told CNBC.

Idiocy is what this bill is.
Is this what the media fed you today? Was it good?

You destroyed the thread with 8 words outstanding! :laugh: I read the bill today, and hand calculated my taxes for next year compared to this year, president Trump doubled my tax refund. I still pay a shit ton of taxes but its nice to get back twice what I will this year on about the same income.

Lets see the numbers.

“It just seems wrong.” GOP rep admits tax scam he voted for rips off working people
Rep. Tom Cole knows the GOP tax scheme will hurt working Americans — but his colleagues told him to vote for it anyway. So he did.

There’s not much to like about the GOP tax scheme. The bill, drafted hurriedly and under the cover of darkness, is wildly unpopular among the American people and economists alike, with little to offer other than corporate giveaways and tax cuts for the rich.

But that didn’t stop Republicans like Rep. Tom Cole from voting for it — even though he admitted in a recent interview that “it just seems wrong” that the scam is, quite simply, a massive giveaway to the rich paid for by working class Americans.

Speaking with CNBC, Cole conceded that he’s not much of a “deep economic thinker” and didn’t pay much attention to those fancy tax analyses conducted by non-partisan agencies, almost all of which excoriated the bill for increasing the federal deficit without boosting economic growth.

“He doesn’t know what the models are,” CNBC noted, “but doesn’t worry much about that.”

Instead of turning to things like evidence and numbers, Cole relied on his GOP colleagues to tell him how to vote on the bill, which delivers massive tax cuts to the wealthiest Americans but offers little else for the rest of the population. Cole likes the way his colleagues think, and it was apparently easier to listen to their reassurances than to grapple with all those pesky facts and figures.

“In the end I’m going to trust the people who are philosophically aligned with me,” he told CNBC.

You destroyed the thread with 8 words outstanding! :laugh: I read the bill today, and hand calculated my taxes for next year compared to this year, president Trump doubled my tax refund. I still pay a shit ton of taxes but its nice to get back twice what I will this year on about the same income.

Lets see the numbers.

LOL right I'll post my personal financial information on the internet...oh wait :eusa_think:

Lets see the numbers.

LOL right I'll post my personal financial information on the internet...oh wait :eusa_think:

Oh wait, you write 'doubled my tax refund' but refuse to provide that information proving that. That makes you a liar.

Lets see the numbers.

Oh wait, you write 'doubled my tax refund' but refuse to provide that information proving that. That makes you a liar.
I did some basic figures for mine and I'll get back more also, if it becomes law. Also, I'm not putting my personal info on here. Only a moron would do that or expect someone to do that.

You didn’t read the article, or you are just lying. Nice editing of the article on your part...you liar.

"In the end I'm going to trust the people who are philosophically aligned with me," he says. In Paul Ryan, "I've got a speaker who's forgotten more about economics than I know."

Lets see the numbers.

No that makes you triggered. The refund was a bit more than double, I live in a state with no state income tax and wave south at the fools who live in Oregon and California.

Lets see the numbers.

I did some basic figures for mine and I'll get back more also, if it becomes law. Also, I'm not putting my personal info on here. Only a moron would do that or expect someone to do that.

These liberals are not too bright.

OP failed to mention from the article:

Cole said:

"If someone wants to get serious about debt, come talk to me about entitlements," he explains, pointing toward the Social Security and Medicare behemoths. "Tax cuts produce growth, entitlement spending doesn't."

Lol a partisan site that is pretty the essence of fake news. Try again Smokey

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

Lets see the numbers.

How much do you get back?

Lets see the numbers.

Don't know until I file

Greedy Corrupt Chuck Schumer is snapping his pencil right about now because the GOP is helping the middle class

Lets see the numbers.

No that makes you triggered. The refund was a bit more than double, I live in a state with no state income tax and wave south at the fools who live in Oregon and California.

What State do you live that you can wave south 'at the fools' in Oregon....Canada?

I glanced at a few MSM articles are they are FAKE NEWS!. Removing the Obamacare mandate for example in which White people were forced to pay for non-White insurance is called "cruel, and mean spirited."

Is there anything you Trump lemmings won't turn into a racist rant?

Are there any far right people that are not racist or is it a requirement for being far right?
Uh OBama, turned everything into a racial issue, in fact democrats do that for every issue. It's all they have....

That's OK, I'm sure he'll get some nice kickbacks to assuage his conscience.

Lets see the numbers.

What State do you live that you can wave south 'at the fools' in Oregon....Canada?
Well Washington is north of Oregon

Lets see the numbers.

Don't know until I file

So you admit you're taking out your ass.....

You wrote: "I did some basic figures for mine and I'll get back more also, if it becomes law."

So, how much money do you get back?

Forum List

Back