It Is Now Illegal in Europe to Hurt Feelings of Muslims

Calling Prophet Muhammad a pedophile does not fall within freedom of speech: European court

You now can be jailed for calling Mohammad a pedophile...........which he was.

No, you can't prove he was a pedophile at all.

Pedophilia is "a psychiatric disorder in which an adult or older adolescent experiences a primary or exclusive sexual attraction to prepubescent children."

Prepubescent children is the key here.

Secondly with child marriage they'd not usually have sex with the female child before they had their period. What was the point? They wouldn't be able to have children.

The problem here is you're unable to see how things used to be. You seem to think things were similar to today, when A) they were in a completely different part of the world and B) in a completely different era.

But we kind of expect simple shit from you people.

Aisha was 6 or 7 when they were married, and the marriage was consummated when she was 9 or 10.
I don't know about you, but if this is how things "used to be", then there were a lot of people who were fucked up in the head.

Calling Prophet Muhammad a pedophile does not fall within freedom of speech: European court

Pedophilia is "a psychiatric disorder in which an adult or older adolescent experiences a primary or exclusive sexual attraction to prepubescent children."

Secondly with child marriage they'd not usually have sex with the female child before they had their period. What was the point? They wouldn't be able to have children.

The problem here is you're unable to see how things used to be. You seem to think things were similar to today, when A) they were in a completely different part of the world and B) in a completely different era.

So sex with underage women is OK as long as they're 13. Thanks for clearing that up, Mr Biden

Did you not read what I was replying to? It's like a game of Chinese whispers with idiots.

Even Muslims will tell you he consummated the marriage when she was 9 years old. That’s what we call pedophilia.

I’ll agree it was a different time, marriage for women typically were as young as 14 sometimes. But nine? There is no way.

Will they? And how do they know?

There's lots of theory that they didn't have sex at nine. It's just a convenient thing for certain people to say because it fits in with their view of the world.
You really are a weirdo.

Fucking hell. Chinese whispers with idiots.

Aisha was 6 or 7 when they were married, and the marriage was consummated when she was 9 or 10.
I don't know about you, but if this is how things "used to be", then there were a lot of people who were fucked up in the head.

Really? Prove it. Because you don't have proof of this.

In 2018 Europe, you can’t say that Mohammed was a pedophile or the law will come after you. Punishing you for insulting a man who’s been dead for 1,400 years isn’t a violation of your human rights, because you’ve offended a protected class. You’ve pissed off the wrong people, and now you’ll pay.

An Austrian woman who was convicted for insulting the Prophet Mohammed did not have her right to freedom of speech violated, a European court has ruled.

The European Court of Human Rights (ECHR) ruled that courts in Austria, where the woman was found guilty, had balanced the "right to freedom of expression with the right of others to have their religious feelings protected, and served the legitimate aim of preserving religious peace in Austria".

Woman who insulted the Prophet Mohammed loses free speech case at the European Court of Human Rights

“The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam."
-Barack Obama

Sucks to be them. Thank God I'm an American.

Prove it ??? Regardless if it is true or not, what is your stance on it if true ????

Prove it ??? Regardless if it is true or not, what is your stance on it if true ????

This isn't about my opinion. The post I was replying to said that Mohammed was a pedophile. Was he? I'm saying there isn't enough evidence to suggest this is actually so.

Those who are saying it is true, aren't providing evidence for this. Just saying it's so and hoping people believe them.

This isn't about my opinion. The post I was replying to said that Mohammed was a pedophile. Was he? I'm saying there isn't enough evidence to suggest this is actually so.

Those who are saying it is true, aren't providing evidence for this. Just saying it's so and hoping people believe them.

So the quran isn't enough evidence, and you don't believe in written history. Do I have that correct?

Were not such things quoted in the Quran upon laying out these things to be believed, and/or to be the truth ?.

If Mohammed wasn't a pedo, the Koran is false. So much for Mohammedism, aye?

Were not such things quoted in the Quran upon laying out these things to be believed, and/or to be the truth ?.

Is this your argument or not? Or am I supposed to make your argument for you?

Can you show that Mohammed had sex with this girl BEFORE puberty?

Even Muslims will tell you he consummated the marriage when she was 9 years old. That’s what we call pedophilia.

I’ll agree it was a different time, marriage for women typically were as young as 14 sometimes. But nine? There is no way.

There's lots of theory that they didn't have sex at nine. It's just a convenient thing for certain people to say because it fits in with their view of the world.

It’s documented by the girl herself. She went on to write many texts, and she said she was married to Mohammed at age six, and he consummated the marriage when she was nine.

Clearly you have an Agenda to defend the pedophile prophet, when it is universally accepted by historians due to the fact the marriage was documented in numerous sources.

Only recently have Muslims decided to try to revise history due to the embarrassment of him being a pedophile in Western culture. Before it has always been acceptable to be a pedo in Islamic culture.

It’s documented by the girl herself. She went on to write many texts, and she said she was married to Mohammed at age six, and he consummated the marriage when she was nine.

Clearly you have an Agenda to defend the pedophile prophet, when it is universally accepted by historians due to the fact the marriage was documented in numerous sources.

Only recently have Muslims decided to try to revise history due to the embarrassment of him being a pedophile in Western culture. Before it has always been acceptable to be a pedo in Islamic culture.

And where are these texts where is says this then?

The truth about Muhammad and Aisha | Myriam François-Cerrah

"Critics allege that Aisha was just six years old when she was betrothed to Muhammad, himself in his 50s, and only nine when the marriage was consummated. They base this on a saying attributed to Aisha herself (Sahih Bukhari volume 5, book 58, number 234"

Sahih al-Bukhari Book Number 58 Hadith Number 236 - Muflihun

Now, this isn't Aisha, this is Hisham's father: "Narrated Hisham's father:"

"those who accept this saying argue that since the Qur'an states that marriage is void unless entered into by consenting adults, Aisha must have entered puberty early."

Now, this article is saying that had the marriage been consummated at the age of 9, then she'd have passed through puberty by this time already.

"They point out that, in seventh-century Arabia, adulthood was defined as the onset of puberty. (This much is true, and was also the case in Europe: five centuries after Muhammad's marriage to Aisha, 33-year-old King John of England married 12-year-old Isabella of Angoulême.) Interestingly, of the many criticisms of Muhammad made at the time by his opponents, none focused on Aisha's age at marriage."

So, essentially adulthood was puberty, so you'd become an adult at different times depending on how your body reacted.

"According to this perspective, Aisha may have been young, but she was not younger than was the norm at the time."

" In a society without a birth registry and where people did not celebrate birthdays, most people estimated their own age and that of others. Aisha would have been no different. What's more, Aisha had already been engaged to someone else before she married Muhammad, suggesting she had already been mature enough by the standards of her society to consider marriage for a while. It seems difficult to reconcile this with her being six."

"Because of this, it is impossible to know with any certainty how old Aisha was. "

This is the most important part. Things aren't always truthful in books that are more than a thousand years old. Even in modern times people who write stuff can't stick to the truth, 1,700 years ago people wouldn't even have cared about the truth.

"What we do know is what the Qur'an says about marriage: that it is valid only between consenting adults,"

"Sadly, in many countries, the imperatives motivating the marriage of young girls are typically economic. In others, they are political. The fact that Iran and Saudi Arabia have both sought to use the saying concerning Aisha's age as a justification for lowering the legal age of marriage tells us a great deal about the patriarchal and oppressive nature of those regimes, and nothing about Muhammad, or the essential nature of Islam. The stridency of those who lend credence to these literalist interpretations by concurring with their warped view of Islam does not help those Muslims who seek to challenge these aberrations."

That in modern times people still talk about her age probably has to do with the backwardness of these countries, rather than the reality of what existed way back when.

"Critics allege that Aisha was just six years old when she was betrothed to Muhammad, himself in his 50s, and only nine when the marriage was consummated. They base this on a saying attributed to Aisha herself (Sahih Bukhari volume 5, book 58, number 234"

"those who accept this saying argue that since the Qur'an states that marriage is void unless entered into by consenting adults, Aisha must have entered puberty early."

Now, this article is saying that had the marriage been consummated at the age of 9, then she'd have passed through puberty by this time already.

"They point out that, in seventh-century Arabia, adulthood was defined as the onset of puberty. (This much is true, and was also the case in Europe: five centuries after Muhammad's marriage to Aisha, 33-year-old King John of England married 12-year-old Isabella of Angoulême.) Interestingly, of the many criticisms of Muhammad made at the time by his opponents, none focused on Aisha's age at marriage."

So, essentially adulthood was puberty, so you'd become an adult at different times depending on how your body reacted.

"According to this perspective, Aisha may have been young, but she was not younger than was the norm at the time."

" In a society without a birth registry and where people did not celebrate birthdays, most people estimated their own age and that of others. Aisha would have been no different. What's more, Aisha had already been engaged to someone else before she married Muhammad, suggesting she had already been mature enough by the standards of her society to consider marriage for a while. It seems difficult to reconcile this with her being six."

"Because of this, it is impossible to know with any certainty how old Aisha was. "

This is the most important part. Things aren't always truthful in books that are more than a thousand years old. Even in modern times people who write stuff can't stick to the truth, 1,700 years ago people wouldn't even have cared about the truth.

"What we do know is what the Qur'an says about marriage: that it is valid only between consenting adults,"

"Sadly, in many countries, the imperatives motivating the marriage of young girls are typically economic. In others, they are political. The fact that Iran and Saudi Arabia have both sought to use the saying concerning Aisha's age as a justification for lowering the legal age of marriage tells us a great deal about the patriarchal and oppressive nature of those regimes, and nothing about Muhammad, or the essential nature of Islam. The stridency of those who lend credence to these literalist interpretations by concurring with their warped view of Islam does not help those Muslims who seek to challenge these aberrations."

That in modern times people still talk about her age probably has to do with the backwardness of these countries, rather than the reality of what existed way back when.

You beat me to it with the Francoise-Cerrah article, but you only have to look at the history of what was considered an appropriate age for a girl to marry/have sex to realise that it's only fairly recently (since the Victorians "invented" the concept of childhood) that the age of consent has risen significantly from 9-12 years of age to 16-18 years of age. The US state of Delaware, for example had an age of consent set at 7 years old in 1895!

Using the Mohammed= paedophile, argument basically accuses every male before the 20th Century of being a paedophile.

You beat me to it with the Francoise-Cerrah article, but you only have to look at the history of what was considered an appropriate age for a girl to marry/have sex to realise that it's only fairly recently (since the Victorians "invented" the concept of childhood) that the age of consent has risen significantly from 9-12 years of age to 16-18 years of age. The US state of Delaware, for example had an age of consent set at 7 years old in 1895!

Using the Mohammed= paedophile, argument basically accuses every male before the 20th Century of being a paedophile.
The argument is made by people who airbrush slavery out of history because it was a long time ago and everyone was doing it.

The European Court of Human Rights (ECHR) ruled that courts in Austria, where the woman was found guilty, had balanced the "right to freedom of expression with the right of others to have their religious feelings protected, and served the legitimate aim of preserving religious peace in Austria".

Apparently the ECHR missed the fact Islam considers women chattel

~S~
One of many things that conservatives and Muslims have in common.

So the quran isn't enough evidence, and you don't believe in written history. Do I have that correct?
Maybe he needed to be there to witness the consummation in order to be convinced.

Wow, don't know about you but 9 years of age isn't up for debate.

Wow, don't know about you but 9 years of age isn't up for debate.

What isn't up for debate about 9 year olds exactly?

Forum List

Back