It Begins… New Jersey Democrats Introduce Bill to Pay Reparations to African Americans

I asked you that to see if you were consistent. I loathe double standards.

So Norman was wrong?
I don't necessarily agree with it being the best thing that ever happened to them. But living is far better than never having lived, don't you think? And being a slave in America was better, on the whole, than being a slave in South America, don't you think? And the past is immutable, don't you think?

You are making assumptions not in evidence. Being a slave anywhere is bad. Anywhere, but no, they were not all slaves before being brought here as slaves.

Thinking about it.......I might even argue that being a slave in your own country would be better. You wouldn't be ripped from family to never see them again.

There is no way to justify slavery or your opinion.
Good thing that's not what I'm trying to do. YOU are making assumptions not in evidence.

1. My first point about existence was about the descendants of slaves. It's undeniable. Those whose ancestors were brought here would not exist if those ancestors were not brought here. Again, undeniable, and again, not a justification.

That's a silly argument. That's like saying that if your parents had met in a concentration camp you should be greatful or otherwise they would have never met.......no, I will not acknowledge an argument like that.

2. The slaves in America had a longer lifespan than the slaves in South America. Again, undeniable, and again, not a justification.

You keep on falling back on this "slave in Africa" crap. No, they were not all slaves. Wrongs elsewhere also DO NOT excuse our wrongs.

3. The past is immutable. No matter how much money you give people, no matter how many statues you tear down -- you can't change the past. Slavery in America's past will always be there. Again, undeniable, and again, not a justification.

If you can argue against these three points as I've clearly explained them, I'll willing to hear it. If you're going to claim I'm trying to justify slavery, keep it to yourself, because it's a lie.

I've said I do not hold people accountable for the sins of their fathers. Whether those sins were 200 or 10 years ago.
Dood. What did I tell you about lying?

I'm not trying to justify anything, dumbass.

I'm done with your bullshit. You're dishonest.

So Norman was wrong?
I don't necessarily agree with it being the best thing that ever happened to them. But living is far better than never having lived, don't you think? And being a slave in America was better, on the whole, than being a slave in South America, don't you think? And the past is immutable, don't you think?

You are making assumptions not in evidence. Being a slave anywhere is bad. Anywhere, but no, they were not all slaves before being brought here as slaves.

Thinking about it.......I might even argue that being a slave in your own country would be better. You wouldn't be ripped from family to never see them again.

Good thing that's not what I'm trying to do. YOU are making assumptions not in evidence.

1. My first point about existence was about the descendants of slaves. It's undeniable. Those whose ancestors were brought here would not exist if those ancestors were not brought here. Again, undeniable, and again, not a justification.

That's a silly argument. That's like saying that if your parents had met in a concentration camp you should be greatful or otherwise they would have never met.......no, I will not acknowledge an argument like that.

2. The slaves in America had a longer lifespan than the slaves in South America. Again, undeniable, and again, not a justification.

You keep on falling back on this "slave in Africa" crap. No, they were not all slaves. Wrongs elsewhere also DO NOT excuse our wrongs.

3. The past is immutable. No matter how much money you give people, no matter how many statues you tear down -- you can't change the past. Slavery in America's past will always be there. Again, undeniable, and again, not a justification.

If you can argue against these three points as I've clearly explained them, I'll willing to hear it. If you're going to claim I'm trying to justify slavery, keep it to yourself, because it's a lie.

I've said I do not hold people accountable for the sins of their fathers. Whether those sins were 200 or 10 years ago.

I'll let your words speak for themselves.

I'll let your words speak for themselves.
You do that. My words directly contradict your claims about my words.

Our resident racist doesn't have it exactly right.

"Leaders of the state’s Legislative Black Caucus introduced a bill that would establish the New Jersey Reparations Task Force.

It would review the history of slavery in the state, and any racial discrimination or disparity from it."

Maybe white Americans would be more comfortable NOT knowing or admitting the endemic racism that existed in this country from 1865 to the present. Sorta seems that way

Make note. I am not in favor of reparations. Sending out checks is expensive,ineffective, and clumsy as all hell.

But knowledge of what occurred..has value
group punishment is unethical and unfair

what if a person is half black?
what is the black person is an immigrant?
who pays the taxes for it?
what if a white person is an immigrant?

"Leaders of the state’s Legislative Black Caucus introduced a bill that would establish the New Jersey Reparations Task Force.

It would review the history of slavery in the state, and any racial discrimination or disparity from it."

Maybe white Americans would be more comfortable NOT knowing or admitting the endemic racism that existed in this country from 1865 to the present. Sorta seems that way

Make note. I am not in favor of reparations. Sending out checks is expensive,ineffective, and clumsy as all hell.

Especially when everyone who committed the wrongdoing is dead.

Folks, let's be honest. This is why a black should never be elected to hold a legislative position in state or federal government. This is pure insanity. Why the hell should we pay for something that was abolished in 1865 and how can a black be psychologically hurt from it today some 154 years later? This is a cotton pickin scam pure and simple!

It Begins... New Jersey Democrats Introduce Bill to Pay Reparations to African Americans
Silly argument. But expected.

So are you willing to pay your fair share of "reparations", or do you consider yourself to be "exempt"?

And if you are exempt, why should I pay and not you? I can account for what my ancestors did or didn't do during the Civil War. Can you?

Since whites split up our families why would you ask such a question?

You have no argument that justifies your opposition. The government owes us reparations for more than slavery and your cowardly dishonest attempt to argue only about slavery shows the content of your character.

can we just pay for transit back?

Folks, let's be honest. This is why a black should never be elected to hold a legislative position in state or federal government. This is pure insanity. Why the hell should we pay for something that was abolished in 1865 and how can a black be psychologically hurt from it today some 154 years later? This is a cotton pickin scam pure and simple!

It Begins... New Jersey Democrats Introduce Bill to Pay Reparations to African Americans
Silly argument. But expected.

So are you willing to pay your fair share of "reparations", or do you consider yourself to be "exempt"?

And if you are exempt, why should I pay and not you? I can account for what my ancestors did or didn't do during the Civil War. Can you?

Since whites split up our families why would you ask such a question?

You have no argument that justifies your opposition. The government owes us reparations for more than slavery and your cowardly dishonest attempt to argue only about slavery shows the content of your character.

can we just pay for transit back?

Pay your own transit back to Europe.

The wealth they made has been passed down through generations and that's what made America what it is now. But the issue of reparations goes past slavery. And for the person talking about how group punishment is unfair, then you should support reparations because the wealth gap that has been created by 243 of white racism punishes blacks as a group.

The wealth they made has been passed down through generations and that's what made America what it is now. But the issue of reparations goes past slavery. And for the person talking about how group punishment is unfair, then you should support reparations because the wealth gap that has been created by 243 of white racism punishes blacks as a group.
Naaah. You see, I believe black people are smart enough and good enough to succeed on their own without handouts. I don't believe the left's bullshit.

Have some self-respect. Lose the victimhood fetish.

Naaah. You see, I believe black people are smart enough and good enough to succeed on their own without handouts. I don't believe the left's bullshit.

I have plenty of that. Which is why I can tell you to go fuck yourself because whites have been given handouts for 243 years. Lose the psychosis son.

I have plenty of that. Which is why I can tell you to go fuck yourself because whites have been given handouts for 243 years. Lose the psychosis son.
I must have left my white privilege in my other pants. Because I've had to work my ass off all my life.

Forum List

Back