IT BEGINS: Indiana Restaurant Reportedly Vows Not To Serve Gay Weddings

A family-owned pizza parlor is causing a media stir after reportedly becoming the first business to publicly vow to reject gay weddings in the wake of Indiana's controversial Religious Freedom Restoration Act.

The owners of Memories Pizza in Walkerton said theirs is a "Christian establishment" and that they agree with Indiana Gov. Mike Pence, who has come under fire after signing the bill, which allows business owners to cite religious beliefs as a defense when sued by a private party, ABC 57 reported.

That lifestyle is something they choose. I choose to be heterosexual," Kevin O'Connor told the news station. "They choose to be homosexual. Why should I be beat over the head to go along with something they choose?”

O'Connor's daughter Crystal said she didn't think that the bill was "targeting gays," adding, "It's supposed to help people that have a religious belief."

In a separate interview with The Daily Beast, O'Connor clarified that although he doesn't "have a problem with gay people," he does not condone same-sex marriage. Although he wouldn't cater to a same-sex wedding, he wouldn't turn anyone away from the shop itself.

“I mean, we don’t believe in murder. I also don’t believe in abortion,” he added.

More: Indiana's Memories Pizza Reportedly Becomes First Business To Reject Catering Gay Weddings

It's sad to watch religious bigots expose themselves.
Lakhota holy crap read their reviews on Yelp! :rofl:

Memories Pizza - Walkerton IN Yelp

Here comes the backlash! :rofl:

Nothing like a little mob violence to warm the cockles of the intolerant left.

They are just attention whores

They will serve their crappy pizza to gay couples but will not sell it for a wedding. How many gays are going to order their one star pizza for their wedding?

How do your programmers know the pizza is "crappy," virus?

He's an attention whore, he has no idea what he's blabbering about

Notice the title folks?

"reportedly". ummmhummm

it could own by liberals who decided to put some stupid sign up to gain attention. good way to attract business OR NOT

Who careszzzzzzzzz

They just don't want to host gay weddings. It seems they don't care about delivering to gay people

Maybe that's a baby step in their evolution? A little free advertising. A couple weddings. Make a little money,
Pretend you don't see all those men dancing with each other. It'll be all right, They tip big for service. Then they will wonder what all the fuss was about.

Just like the rest of you gay bashers.

Just let em get married. Why should us heterosexuals be the only ones cursed with the "oath"? jkjk.

A family-owned pizza parlor is causing a media stir after reportedly becoming the first business to publicly vow to reject gay weddings in the wake of Indiana's controversial Religious Freedom Restoration Act.

The owners of Memories Pizza in Walkerton said theirs is a "Christian establishment" and that they agree with Indiana Gov. Mike Pence, who has come under fire after signing the bill, which allows business owners to cite religious beliefs as a defense when sued by a private party, ABC 57 reported.

That lifestyle is something they choose. I choose to be heterosexual," Kevin O'Connor told the news station. "They choose to be homosexual. Why should I be beat over the head to go along with something they choose?”

O'Connor's daughter Crystal said she didn't think that the bill was "targeting gays," adding, "It's supposed to help people that have a religious belief."

In a separate interview with The Daily Beast, O'Connor clarified that although he doesn't "have a problem with gay people," he does not condone same-sex marriage. Although he wouldn't cater to a same-sex wedding, he wouldn't turn anyone away from the shop itself.

“I mean, we don’t believe in murder. I also don’t believe in abortion,” he added.

More: Indiana's Memories Pizza Reportedly Becomes First Business To Reject Catering Gay Weddings

Yelp???

Oy, Gewalt.

I somehow don't think that site is run by that pizza place.

Gee if only some crazed homos hadn't started targeting and suing businesses none of this would be happening. But they did and now the left is amazed there is blow back LMAO

They just don't want to host gay weddings. It seems they don't care about delivering to gay people

Maybe that's a baby step in their evolution? A little free advertising. A couple weddings. Make a little money,
Pretend you don't see all those men dancing with each other. It'll be all right, They tip big for service. Then they will wonder what all the fuss was about.

Just like the rest of you gay bashers.

Just let em get married. Why should us heterosexuals be the only ones cursed with the "oath"? jkjk.

They can get married somewhere else. That's the whole point of this, not getting married in general.

And you rights-bashers are the ones who are the problem here, considering I'm not a gay basher.

Uhhh, where was the violence in that stuff, or are you just clutching your pearls too hard, snookums?

Who the hell in their right mind would have a pizza joint cater their wedding? lol

He's an attention whore, he has no idea what he's blabbering about

Shitflinger isn't real, it's just an artificial stupidity routine encoded as a virus, sent out by DailyKOS and the other Soros hate sites to infect boards like this. That's why you can't get a rational response from it. It posts a hate filled meme, then vanishes - only to appear later and post more hate filled memes.

God that's funny. They can't delete the pictures enough and I think they're stuck with the "reviews".

Hey Bob, where's Tony? Out on a delivery, to the Arts School again.
tumblr_l3vb2lvu1v1qbm143.jpg

I'm glad that the good people in this country are coming to the defense of the gay community. Which is a tiny community that could never fight the powerful Christian segment of this country on its own.

Who the hell in their right mind would have a pizza joint cater their wedding? lol

The only plausible explanation is that it would be a political publicity stunt aimed at ginning up media attention and frothing up the low info base.

Uhhh, where was the violence in that stuff, or are you just clutching your pearls too hard, snookums?

Did you actually read some of the "reviews" on the page?

Maybe vitriol is a better word, but "violence" is pretty close.

Forum List

Back