It always leads to class warfare...

How about you concentrate on equal opportunity and not equal results. You could give every adult in the country $100.000.00, in 6 months more than half will be broke and complaining about it. We are all the sum of our own decisions.

This is it.

Equal opportunity does not mean equal outcome.

Using force of government for social justice will fail, guaranteed.

I'm not talking about increasing welfare. This thread isn't about forced help of the poor. I'm talking about a lack of upward mobility and what are we doing wrong and what are all those other countries doing right.

So what is it in your opinion that those other countries are doing right?

How about you concentrate on equal opportunity and not equal results. You could give every adult in the country $100.000.00, in 6 months more than half will be broke and complaining about it. We are all the sum of our own decisions.

This is it.

I'm not talking about increasing welfare. This thread isn't about forced help of the poor. I'm talking about a lack of upward mobility and what are we doing wrong and what are all those other countries doing right.

which countries are we talking about?

This is it.

Did I miss a link, what countries are you talking about?

This is it.

Did I miss a link, what countries are you talking about?

From what I see, it looks like she is talking about the Scandinavian nations:

Prosperity & Upward Mobility by Country

If you look at the bottom of the page, it says the bottom 20% in America are much less likely to move up mobility wise in the USA vs. Scandinavia.

The reason here is obvious. We have racial minority dependency classes which the Democrat keep down on the plantation. Those lilly-white Scandinavia nations do not.

Social mobility, down. Unemployment high. Shrinking middle class, growing impoverished class. The countries wealth held predominantly by a small percent. It's the formula of dissent. Now you've got people talking about how the poor don't give enough and take too much.

Im honestly not sure what we as a nation can do to restore our economic balance......

We could try fair and simple taxes, public budgets that are balanced by law and transparency in all things politics....

My greatest concern is increasing upward mobility and restoring a strong middle class. We arent 1st or second, or even 5th in that area. If you're born poor in the US, you will most likely die poor and your children will stay poor. It's the loss of the American dream.

If you are poor in america you are likely considered rich in most other countries.

Seriously, give this nonsense a rest. And it IS nonsense. Most of the poor in other countries are lucky to just have a roof over their heads let alone all the luxuries our poor have and are GIVEN

what a load of horseshit. so what?

americans should settle for being told "hey, it's not so bad. if you lived in n. korea, you could live like a king."?

fuck you

My greatest concern is increasing upward mobility and restoring a strong middle class. We arent 1st or second, or even 5th in that area. If you're born poor in the US, you will most likely die poor and your children will stay poor. It's the loss of the American dream.

and with that mentality.... oh poor is me...i was born poor..... just give me my entitlements im poor.

no wonder they stay poor.

The american dream was working hard....and trying to better your life.

no, the american dream IS working hard and bettering your life, not working hard and hoping to get tossed a few crumbs.

If you are poor in america you are likely considered rich in most other countries.

Seriously, give this nonsense a rest. And it IS nonsense. Most of the poor in other countries are lucky to just have a roof over their heads let alone all the luxuries our poor have and are GIVEN

americans should settle for being told "hey, it's not so bad. if you lived in n. korea, you could live like a king."?

fuck you

So upward mobility means less in a society where your poor people struggle with obesity.

fuck you

So upward mobility means less in a society where your poor people struggle with obesity.

i guess you really are retarded.

:thup:

fuck you

You seem to be out of your league.

Why not try the cooking or needlepoint forums?

LOL

So you say the poor stay poor. Well here is a solution to this issue work your but off not to be poor. Also the dependency programs in America will eventually run out of money

You seem to be out of your league.

Why not try the cooking or needlepoint forums?

LOL

i'm sorry, but i prefer to debate with sentient beings, not cardboard cutouts with a fistful of talking points.

clearly, that leaves you out.

You aren't debating, you are displaying your butthurt.

Put some ice on that.

LOL

Progressive economic theory has once again delivered on its 100% Fail Guarantee

When I started my working career jobs were plentiful, you could quit a job one day and be offered one the next day..

So the simple answer is jobs, jobs, jobs which forces employers to compete and the result is upward mobility..

Your history parallels my own. In my younger years, jobs were plentiful because we invented and manufactured things here. Then came NAFTA and the global economy. Manufacturers took advantage of access to cheaper labor by taking their factories abroad.

I often wondered how they expected to sell their products in this country if their former US employees didn't have jobs that enabled them to buy those products. Then it dawned on me! In a global market he manufacturers don't rely on a diminished American middle class with reduced purchasing power for their success. They tap into hot markets anywhere in the world that honors Free trade Agreements.

Now that the Asians and Middle easterners have discovered how to game the system that we monopolized for so long, the American labor force is on the ropes. There is no loyalty to our workers by our rich countrymen. The 1% could not care less if you and your family survives or not! Their contempt for the working class is well documented.

Three words...

Ed - U - Cation. Education!

Take it upon yourselves to teach each and every one of Momma's Little Bastards something productive to do with their short lives.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztVaqZajq-I]Teach the children well ( with lyrics) - Crosby Stills - YouTube[/ame]

Forum List

Back