If Romney/Ryan believe that private charity is so important...

NYcarbineer

Diamond Member
Mar 10, 2009
Finger Lakes, NY
...why would they propose a tax plan that gets rid of the tax deduction for charitable giving?

Or should we logically assume that the charitable deduction is off the table as far as Romney/Ryan are concerned when they're talking about getting rid of various tax deductions/credits/loopholes etc.,

to make their tax plan revenue neutral?

strawman.jpg

I don't understand an attach thread aimed at sticking it the the rich who use that deduction to get tons of money back while saying; "Look what a great person I am!"

This is not well thought out, you shoulda stuck to the lies about hunting Big Bird

I asked if the charitable deduction is on or off the table.

Is it or isn't it?

Should it or shouldn't it be?

I don't know, but I would kinda doubt it.

I also doubt it would make a bit of difference to you anyway, you don't seem like the 'charitable' type.

Most Libtards aren't, so you're in good company...
A lot of rich libs think paying taxes is just like charity. No lie . they will say I will pay more taxes it is the charitable thing to do. When they could directly make a difference to certain charities

Of course any limitation on deductions would have to be passed by Congress, but I would guess a limitation on charitable deductions would a flat percentage (e.g., 25%) of the contribution. This would eliminate the greater tax benefit now realized by people in higher tax brackets.

Is it or isn't it?

I also doubt it would make a bit of difference to you anyway, you don't seem like the 'charitable' type.

The question is, why would conservatives want to end the charitable deduction, and disincentive charitable giving,

when conservatives go on and on about how charity is so important?

Is it or isn't it?

The question is, why would conservatives want to end the charitable deduction, and disincentive charitable giving,

Just because liberals would stop charitable giving if the deduction went away don't project that onto conservatives.

• Thanks
Reactions: Vel
Altruism is a code of ethics which hold the welfare of others as the standard of 'good', and self-sacrifice as the only moral action. The unstated premise of the doctrine of altruism is that all relationships among men involve sacrifice. This leaves one with the false choice between maliciously exploiting the other person (forcing them to be sacrificed) or being 'moral' and offering oneself up as the sacrificial victim.

As someone who created and ran a charitable organization, and who sits on the board of another charitable organzation, I can tell you it is a good bet that donations to charitable organizations would decline if the tax deduction for those donations was eliminated.

As someone who created and ran a charitable organization, and who sits on the board of another charitable organzation, I can tell you it is a good bet that donations to charitable organizations would decline if the tax deduction for those donations was eliminated.

Your being to Kind, It is 100% Certain they would.

And you I am sure know how much more Effect Private Charity is, compared to Government welfare.

Is it or isn't it?

Where is your evidence that they would? Can you show me anything that says Romney wants to end charitable deductions?

I didn't think so...

I agree, they would.

I've heard a lot of rumblings about ending the tax exempt status of charities though.

Where is your evidence that they would? Can you show me anything that says Romney wants to end charitable deductions?

I didn't think so...

Ok, let's say you take the charitable deduction off the table. That was one of the deductions among those that are supposed to be used to make Romney's tax plan revenue neutral.

Now that that's gone, which as i recall is about 47 billion a year in lost tax revenue,

where does Romney get his offsetting 'loophole' closings to make a 5 trillion dollar tax cut revenue neutral and to make the tax liability for the rich stay where it is?

I'd rather know why you base your charitable donations (if any) on whether you can deduct them on your taxes?

I don't because I don't/can't itemize. But wealthy people do.

Part of what a person gives to charity would have gone to the government anyway, as the tax on it.

Forum List

Back