Israels refusal to recognize a Holocaust

Discussion in 'Israel and Palestine' started by patrickcaturday, Mar 31, 2012.

1. patrickcaturday

patrickcaturday Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +143
    This really baffles me ! During WWII a Holocaust took place in it 6,000,000 Jews died, approximately 9,200,000 Slavs ( Russian and Polish ) died, 1,500,000 Romani died. The act itself is heinous and barbaric, the rationale behind it is beneath contempt and should be exorcised from humanity. The reason that we should study and remember it is so that we will move away from it in the future and never let it happen again. Unfortunately we do not seem to be learning as events after WWII seem to indicate that humanity is still willing to charge into that depravity again and again. Holocausts have occurred in the past, the native American Holocaust and the Irish Holocaust to name two. Since WWII there has been Cambodia, Rwanda, Darfor and others. More are planed for the future as is stated in the Charter of Hamas.

In order to understand the Holocausts we must first of all not fight over the name itself. If various ethnicities wish to commemorate their own deaths in these Holocausts they should follow the example of the Jewish People ( Shoah ) the Romani People ( Porajmos ), and the Irish ( the Starvation ) All attempts at genocide are Holocausts !!! All of the victims should be recognized and respected equally.

That is why Avigdor Lieberman's attitude, as expressed in the following article, and the refusal of the Jewish Government to recognize the Armenian Holocaust, baffle me. Would someone care to attempt to enlighten me.

02.06.2012 19:08 epress.am

Israel Should Not Interfere and Not Recognize Armenian Genocide: Foreign Minister
    Israeli Foreign Minister Avigdor Lieberman has made his first public comment on the French bill on criminalization of denial of the Armenian Genocide.

In an interview with television channel RTVi, Lieberman publicly spoke out against Israel recognizing the massacres of Armenians in Ottoman Turkey as genocide.

Furthermore, RTVi reported last week that Lieberman had been against the term “Holocaust” since the state was established. Attempts to turn conflicts and massacres in Africa, Asia and Balkans into another Holocaust are unacceptable, he says.

The foreign minister emphasized that history should not turn into a political dispute. Thus, Israel should not interfere, he said, Vestnik Kavkaza reported.

Deputy Foreign Minister Daniel Ayalon said in May 2011 that the Israeli parliament would never recognize the Armenian Genocide, so as not to spoil relations with old strategic partner Azerbaijan over history.

He said four months later that mass murders of Armenians during WWI had been a sensitive issue, but it had not become a political problem. Ayalon added that Israel had never denied the Armenian tragedy but would not want to join the Turkish-Armenian confrontation in the issue.

2. JStone

JStone BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +258
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2012
  3. patrickcaturday

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +143

WHEN WILL YOU ATTEMPT TO ANSWER MY QUESTION RATHER THEN DIVERT AS YOU ALWAYS DO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Here is the question again !

4. JStone

JStone BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +258
    Since the Turks are directly responsible for the Armenian genocide, provide for us links to your posts condemning Turkey's continued denial of the Armenian genocide.

US condemns Turkey for Turks' role in genocide of 1 million Armenians and Turkey's denial of the Armenian holocaust
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/03/04/AR2010030403637.html

5. patrickcaturday

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +143
    I do not beleive that I adressed the Issue of Turkeys refusal to acknowledge it's role in the Armenian Holocaust, they did have a role and I condemn it!!!Now stop acting like a turkey and adress the issue of Israel's refusal to recognize the Armenian Holocaust and their reluctance to call any other genocides Holocausts.

6. JStone

JStone BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +258
    Since you're so concerned about the Armenian genocide, there are ample avenues for you to express your grief and outrage over turks' continued denial of their role in it.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  7. patrickcaturday

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +143

If you are so protective of Israel and you are going to continue to divert and refuse to answer the question, please stop posting on this thread and let others have a chance.

For others here is the question again. Sorry for the run around
    !

Israels refusal to recognize a Holocaust

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

8. JStone

JStone BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +258
    Barack Obama has refused to condemn turks' role in the Armenian genocide and turkey's denial of it.

Can you provide us with copies of your correspondence to President Obama expressing your dismay?

You wouldn't want everyone to think you're mentally ill, would you?

9. iamwhatiseem

iamwhatiseem Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,097
    It is sooo cool to type in colors...whoohoo....wheeeeee...

10. patrickcaturday

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +143
    To tell you the truth the only thing that is dismaying me at this point in time is your refusal to deal with the issues that my questions give rise to. I also have to admit that your constant attempts to divert are boring me. What is the problem with answering my questions, ARE YOU AFRAID THAT YOU MIGHT HAVE TO SAY SOMETHING NEGATIVE ABOUT ISRAEL !!!

As for being mentally ill I believe that to continue to engage in this conversation with you would prove that point. As for what everyone else thinks, Truly I could care less. I am comfortable in my own skin.

This is the last correspondence that I will have with you on this thread Mr. Stone, unless you try to reply to my questions.

Have a nice day !!!