Israeli lawmaker calls US a third world country

Here's the full quote from Member of the Knesset Moshe Feiglin, leader of the party's hard-right Manhigut Yehudit faction:

I fundamentally disagree with PM Netanyahu on many issues - including those issues over which the US has criticized the PM in the past. But if America does not officially distance itself from yesterday's personal attack against Prime Minister Netanyahu (who represents all the citizens of Israel) we can conclude that under Obama, the US has deteriorated to the cultural and essential level of a third world country. Its future is already behind it.​

I'm predicting that all the America-hating conservatives will applaud and agree with this clown.

So what? They are responding to someone from the Presidents of United States of America office who just called their Prime Minister "chickenshit". I honestly can't believe we have sunk to calling world leaders things like "chickenshit". Define chickenshit: "worthless or contemptible person", "coward".

It falls nothing short of a school yard insult which makes the US looks like we are grade-school level. Not to mention the second comment where another "anonymous source" says "Israel has shit all over the White House". Nice foreign relations we got gong on!

The irony is in the fact the "anonymous source" calls Bibi a worthless, contemptible, coward AKA chickenshit while hiding his identity.
This is typical of the most immature president in American history. We ARE rapidly becoming a third world country, complete with Ebola, and Obama ACTS like he's the dictator. The fact that the Democratic Party goes along with it is particularly disgusting. America has taken a huge step down.

The chickenshit comment does make the White House look childish. Obama hasn't hid his disdain for Israel nor his unconditional love for all Muslims. Israeli politicians could have said a lot more and a lot worse.

As for the third world comment, maybe they saw the illiterate protesters in Ferguson on the news or scenes from rotting parts of Detroit which do have a third world look. Our credit rating is lower, debt is higher, we're a doormat for illegal aliens from all over the world, we fund terrorists and others who hate us, our economy is still a mess, Obamacare is a mess, we can't even calibrate our voting machines (or cheating is happening all over) and Obama is bypassing congress at every turn like a true dictator, so we're hardly a shining example of a well-run country these days.

Here's the full quote from Member of the Knesset Moshe Feiglin, leader of the party's hard-right Manhigut Yehudit faction:

I fundamentally disagree with PM Netanyahu on many issues - including those issues over which the US has criticized the PM in the past. But if America does not officially distance itself from yesterday's personal attack against Prime Minister Netanyahu (who represents all the citizens of Israel) we can conclude that under Obama, the US has deteriorated to the cultural and essential level of a third world country. Its future is already behind it.​

I'm predicting that all the America-hating conservatives will applaud and agree with this clown.

The whole world sees what America is becoming, they're seeing us being hollowed out from within. This was evident to Japanese leadership back in 1986 and it's only gotten worse since then. Israel sees it too:

Referring to controversial remarks by Japanese Prime Minister Yasuhiro Nakasone about U.S. minorities,. . .

Nakasone was quoted Sept. 22 as saying that Japan had a high intelligence level because of its homogeneity while ''on the average, the United States is lower because of a considerable number of blacks, Puerto Ricans and Mexicans.''​

So what? They are responding to someone from the Presidents of United States of America office who just called their Prime Minister "chickenshit". I honestly can't believe we have sunk to calling world leaders things like "chickenshit". Define chickenshit: "worthless or contemptible person", "coward".

It falls nothing short of a school yard insult which makes the US looks like we are grade-school level. Not to mention the second comment where another "anonymous source" says "Israel has shit all over the White House". Nice foreign relations we got gong on!

The irony is in the fact the "anonymous source" calls Bibi a worthless, contemptible, coward AKA chickenshit while hiding his identity.

Actually the irony is that being an "anonymous source" the accuracy or even real existence of such a quote and wording can't be verified.

I can't even imagine the outrage if someone in Bibi's office called Obama a chickenshit and another said Obama/US shit all over Beit Aghion. The cries of racism who knows what else, would be like "the shot heard round the world".
I'm sure that Bibi Chickenshit's administration has nothing but nice things to say about President Obama (praise be unto Him!)

You don't get what he is saying do you?

But if America does not officially distance itself from yesterday's personal attack against Prime Minister Netanyahu (who represents all the citizens of Israel) we can conclude that under Obama, the US has deteriorated to the cultural and essential level of a third world country. Its future is already behind it.

He is right, the Obama administration needs to officially distance themselves. Period. If they call Obama or any other world leader names behind their back, I would hope they are not stupid enough to get quoted on the record disparaging world leaders. I would expect the same response if the situation were reversed- Bibi would need to distance himself, and apologize.
No, you don't get it.

Whether anyone apologizes or not, the U.S. is not a Third World Country.

But keep defending those who insult us. You just end up proving my point.

Sarkozy's comments to Obama and Obama's response showed there was a breakdown in the relationships between the US and Israel, one which has obviously gotten worse. It's obvious from this thread and the comments you just reminded me of - America can dish out insults, but can't take them.
Of course there is. Israel is used to snapping their fingers and getting whatever they want from the U.S.

Fuck that. They don't have an automatic right to my tax dollars, or my support. They have to earn them, and you don't do that by spitting in the American President's face, no matter who is POTUS.

Cafe au lait -

Well, what happened with the French president said much the same rhing about Netanyahu a couple of years ago?

Did he apolgise?

There's a gaping difference between calling someone a "liar" and a "chickenshit".

Is there?

I'd put them about on a par, mysef.

Obama did not make that comment though, Sarkozy did. Yes?
Obama didn't make this comment, either.

The whole world sees what America is becoming, they're seeing us being hollowed out from within. This was evident to Japanese leadership back in 1986 and it's only gotten worse since then. Israel sees it too:

Referring to controversial remarks by Japanese Prime Minister Yasuhiro Nakasone about U.S. minorities,. . .

Nakasone was quoted Sept. 22 as saying that Japan had a high intelligence level because of its homogeneity while ''on the average, the United States is lower because of a considerable number of blacks, Puerto Ricans and Mexicans.''​
Glad that you confirm that you are as racist as the Japanese PM.

Glad that you confirm that you are as racist as the Japanese PM.

To accept evolution doesn't make one racist, conversely to embrace creationism doesn't make one non-racist.

Forum List

Back