Israeli expulsion of Beduin people for mining operation

SobieskiSavedEurope

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2017
Putnam Lake, NY raised, Pawling, NY resident.
Why isn't this bigger news?

I can't imagine what would happen if we started expulsions of Native Americans in the U.S.A.

But, when Jews do it's Kosher, Jews can do anything they like, that's the message I get from these people.

Furthermore you'd think a people who cry about expulsions against them, would be more sensitive, I guess not.

Thousands of Beduins to be forced to move in advance of mining operation

THOUSANDS OF BEDUINS TO BE FORCED TO MOVE IN ADVANCE OF MINING OPERATION
BY BEN LYNFIELD

FEBRUARY 6, 2018 00:54

The Jewish state is proposing one of the largest relocations of citizens in the country's recent history, exceeding the Gaza Strip withdrawal in 2005, when 8,000 citizens were forced to move.

THE BEDUIN encampment of Khan al-Ahmar is seen near Ma’aleh Adumim.. (photo credit: AMMAR AWAD / REUTERS)

More than 10,000 Beduin citizens living on and near land slated to become a phosphate mine in the Negev will be compelled to relocate, with most of them being concentrated in a new town nearby, the senior government policy-maker for Beduin affairs has told The Jerusalem Post.

Yair Maayan, the head of the Authority for Development and Settlement of the Beduin in the Negev, said the relocation plan was not motivated by the mine. But his disclosure of it comes just two weeks after plans including a mine at Sde Barir, near Arad, were approved by the Interministerial Cabinet for Planning, Building, Land and Housing (the housing cabinet). The approval came despite the objections of the Health Ministry, which says mining at Sde Barir would pose a “health danger” to nearby communities.

Be the first to know - Join our Facebook page.

Deputy Health Minister Ya’acov Litzman on Tuesday told the Knesset Economics Committee that mining at Sde Barir “will harm people and kill people. It is my job to sound the alarm and prevent this.”

In the vicinity of al-Poraa, a village that planners thought had been earmarked for recognition a decade ago, some 8,000 Beduin are to be moved into homes that will be constructed on one-tenth of the area they currently inhabit. In addition, according to Maayan, 2,000-3,000 Beduin will be relocated to the nearby town of Kuseifa and elsewhere. He said that these people will have to move from the al-Poraa area to other places where they have land and that housing lots will be developed for them.

If carried out, It will be one of the largest relocations of citizens in the country’s recent history, exceeding the Gaza Strip withdrawal of 2005, when some 8,000 citizens were forced to move. The new town will also be called al-Poraa, Maayan said, adding that the precise location of the town has yet to be decided.

We have been doing the same thing forever. The government wants to build something only people are on that land. They say eminent domain, pay a pittance and forcibly remove the former owners.

This is nothing to write home about.

The Jewish state is proposing one of the largest relocations of citizens in the country's recent history, exceeding the Gaza Strip withdrawal in 2005, when 8,000 citizens were forced to move

Read your headline there nutter.......Those 8000 citizens forced to move during the withdraw from Gaza were Jews.....Soon after it was turned into a terrorist state

• Banned
The Jewish state is proposing one of the largest relocations of citizens in the country's recent history, exceeding the Gaza Strip withdrawal in 2005, when 8,000 citizens were forced to move

Read your headline there nutter.......Those 8000 citizens forced to move during the withdraw from Gaza were Jews.....Soon after it was turned into a terrorist state

Jews are dumb, let's just admit it?

I mean you can't even read a simple article correctly.

Jews have been relocated numerous times..they still are relocated when illegal settlements are built..So your argument is those people from Baduin should be excepted?

• Banned

Jews have been relocated numerous times..they still are relocated when illegal settlements are built..So your argument is those people from Baduin should be excepted?

So what?
You're trying to excuse expulsions by saying oh well Jews went though it.

So what?
You're trying to excuse expulsions by saying oh well Jews went though it.

Equal opportunity genius...No discrimination when it comes to relocation in Israel nutter.....A fact you should consider before you start stupid threads

Last edited:
So, wait a minute here. Israel is going to take this ramshackle, eyesore of a squatters camp with no services and people living in abject poverty of a hand-to-mouth existence and move them to a nearby "crowded township" (translation: normal town) at no cost to them, with modern houses, water, sewer, garbage removal, schools, medical care, etc, etc, etc. And this is a problem, why?

Because the Bedouin people should be able to retain their traditional lifestyle? Or because Jooooooooos?

So, wait a minute here. Israel is going to take this ramshackle, eyesore of a squatters camp with no services and people living in abject poverty of a hand-to-mouth existence and move them to a nearby "crowded township" (translation: normal town) at no cost to them, with modern houses, water, sewer, garbage removal, schools, medical care, etc, etc, etc. And this is a problem, why?

Because the Bedouin people should be able to retain their traditional lifestyle? Or because Jooooooooos?
Israel wants to take farmers and move them into the city.

And you don't see a problem.

Didn't say I didn't see a problem. Asked what the problem was.

So the problem is the inherent conflict between traditional lifestyles and the modern world. Lots of countries have had to deal with this issue. Including the US. So....its not really subject worthy of discussion concerning the Arab/Israeli conflict, then, is it? Has nothing to do with either Arabs or Israelis.

I see a problem. Open defecation, no sanitation. Garbage dumped across the landscape,

Your idea of a 7th century Islamist paradise is at odds with the 21st century.

I can't imagine what would happen if we started expulsions of Native Americans in the U.S.A.

But, when Jews do it's Kosher, Jews can do anything they like, that's the message I get from these people.

Furthermore you'd think a people who cry about expulsions against them, would be more sensitive, I guess not.

BY BEN LYNFIELD

The Jewish state is proposing one of the largest relocations of citizens in the country's recent history, exceeding the Gaza Strip withdrawal in 2005, when 8,000 citizens were forced to move.

THE BEDUIN encampment of Khan al-Ahmar is seen near Ma’aleh Adumim.. (photo credit: AMMAR AWAD / REUTERS)

More than 10,000 Beduin citizens living on and near land slated to become a phosphate mine in the Negev will be compelled to relocate, with most of them being concentrated in a new town nearby, the senior government policy-maker for Beduin affairs has told The Jerusalem Post.

Yair Maayan, the head of the Authority for Development and Settlement of the Beduin in the Negev, said the relocation plan was not motivated by the mine. But his disclosure of it comes just two weeks after plans including a mine at Sde Barir, near Arad, were approved by the Interministerial Cabinet for Planning, Building, Land and Housing (the housing cabinet). The approval came despite the objections of the Health Ministry, which says mining at Sde Barir would pose a “health danger” to nearby communities.

Deputy Health Minister Ya’acov Litzman on Tuesday told the Knesset Economics Committee that mining at Sde Barir “will harm people and kill people. It is my job to sound the alarm and prevent this.”

In the vicinity of al-Poraa, a village that planners thought had been earmarked for recognition a decade ago, some 8,000 Beduin are to be moved into homes that will be constructed on one-tenth of the area they currently inhabit. In addition, according to Maayan, 2,000-3,000 Beduin will be relocated to the nearby town of Kuseifa and elsewhere. He said that these people will have to move from the al-Poraa area to other places where they have land and that housing lots will be developed for them.

If carried out, It will be one of the largest relocations of citizens in the country’s recent history, exceeding the Gaza Strip withdrawal of 2005, when some 8,000 citizens were forced to move. The new town will also be called al-Poraa, Maayan said, adding that the precise location of the town has yet to be decided.

Don't you remember last year when Native Americans and environmentalists were protesting a pipeline project going thru sacred Native American lands? I don't remember Jews being prominent in those protests.

So the problem is the inherent conflict between traditional lifestyles and the modern world. Lots of countries have had to deal with this issue. Including the US. So....its not really subject worthy of discussion concerning the Arab/Israeli conflict, then, is it? Has nothing to do with either Arabs or Israelis.

BY BEN LYNFIELD

Don't you remember last year when Native Americans and environmentalists were protesting a pipeline project going thru sacred Native American lands? I don't remember Jews being prominent in those protests.
They were. It just wasn't reported in the propaganda media.

Propaganda media, you mean like this pallywood short you just posted ?

Forum List

Back