Israeli doctor treats Boston terrorist, victims; says 'I'm used to it'

Lipush

Gold Member
Apr 11, 2012
Where the wild things are
Only a few meters separated the surviving suspect in the terror attack at the Boston Marathon from those who were injured in the twin blasts, and they are all being treated by an Israeli. Professor Kevin (Ilan) Tabb (49) is the director of Boston's Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, a teaching hospital of Harvard Medical School, where suspected terrorist Dzhokhar Tsarnaev is being treated. Twenty-four people who were injured in the attack were also admitted to the hospital, among them 16 who are in serious condition

"Unfortunately, I have had a lot of experience with these types of injuries after years of treating people injured in terror attacks in Israel," said the professor, who is a member of the board of Hadassah Ein Kerem hospital in Jerusalem, where he studied medicine and completed his residency.

He told Ynet that the Boston Marathon attack resulted in "numerous leg injuries from the blasts, and there were many amputations as well. In Israel we are used to this and here they are not, but the hospital was prepared. Most of those who were seriously injured in the attack were sent to the three main trauma centers in Boston, including ours.

"It was very similar to what I was used to in Israel in that we had to admit many injured people in a short period of time," Professor Tabb said. "The fact that we are treating both the victims and the suspected terrorist also reminds me of similar situations in Israel. In Israel we had an injured soldier and a terrorist lying on adjacent beds. When an injured person is admitted to the ER, the doctor or nurse treats him without asking questions."

Israeli doctor treats Boston terrorist, victims; says 'I'm used to it' - Israel News, Ynetnews

Forum List

Back