Israel says goodbye: Passed away Arik Einstein

Lipush

Gold Member
Apr 11, 2012
Where the wild things are
Arik Einstein, widely considered one of the greatest singers in Israel's history, died Tuesday evening at the Sourasky Medical Center in Tel Aviv. Einstein, 74, was evacuated from his home in critical condition at around 7 pm due to an aortic aneurysm. He was rushed to the emergency room, where he underwent a series of tests while being anaesthetized and given artificial respiration. He was later taken into the operating room, where doctors attempted to fight for his life but were forced to pronounce him dead.

------------

499911801002189490490no.jpg

Thousands of people are gathered at Tel Aviv's Rabin Square where the casket of legendary singer Arik Einstein was placed to allow fans to pay their last respects. From there, a funeral procession will head to the Trumpledor Cemetery where Einstein will be laid to rest.

Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and Culture and Sports Minister Limor Livnat are attending the memorial rally. Singer Shalom Hanoch and actor Moni Monoshov were among those to appear at the ceremony.

Eulogizing Einstein, Netanyahu said, "We all grew up on your songs, laughed to tears from your skits, were thrilled by your movies. In a nation of great creators and great singers, it's not easy to say but it's true – you were the biggest of them all."

"The songs he composed and sang are the soundtrack for Israel," Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said in a statement. "With much sadness Israel parts with a cultural giant."

499944101001195640360no.jpg

YUVAL-271113-SPORT-14174613_oth.jpg

YUVAL-271113-SPORT-04174608_oth.jpg

Source:YNET

------------------

:(

Enjoy it while you can, your way of life is not going to be around much longer !

Treasure your memories.

Remember those who were special to you.

Last edited:
Enjoy it while you can, your way of life is not going to be around much longer !

Treasure your memories.

You're an evil person, Sherri.

For encouraging you to treasure your memories and a way of life that is passing away?

I cannot see evil in that.

I think about my own relative writing about the South in another time and day, that she only knew of through the stories her grandmother told her.

That was Gone With The Wind and her name was Margaret Munnerlyn Mitchell.

It must suck to be so full of hatred and anger, like the Nazi they call Sherri Munnerlyn

Let her be.

I can remember Arik's songs accompanying my childhood. I remember as a child sitting with my cousin, singing "You and me" and my dad recording us singing like there was no tomorrow.

Can't believe Arik is gone. He was the face of Israel's beauty.

such a terrible loss.

And now we might lose Seffy Rivlin as well...So sad....

Arik Einstein, widely considered one of the greatest singers in Israel's history, died Tuesday evening at the Sourasky Medical Center in Tel Aviv. Einstein, 74, was evacuated from his home in critical condition at around 7 pm due to an aortic aneurysm. He was rushed to the emergency room, where he underwent a series of tests while being anaesthetized and given artificial respiration. He was later taken into the operating room, where doctors attempted to fight for his life but were forced to pronounce him dead.

------------

499911801002189490490no.jpg

Thousands of people are gathered at Tel Aviv's Rabin Square where the casket of legendary singer Arik Einstein was placed to allow fans to pay their last respects. From there, a funeral procession will head to the Trumpledor Cemetery where Einstein will be laid to rest.

Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and Culture and Sports Minister Limor Livnat are attending the memorial rally. Singer Shalom Hanoch and actor Moni Monoshov were among those to appear at the ceremony.

Eulogizing Einstein, Netanyahu said, "We all grew up on your songs, laughed to tears from your skits, were thrilled by your movies. In a nation of great creators and great singers, it's not easy to say but it's true – you were the biggest of them all."

"The songs he composed and sang are the soundtrack for Israel," Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said in a statement. "With much sadness Israel parts with a cultural giant."

499944101001195640360no.jpg

YUVAL-271113-SPORT-14174613_oth.jpg

YUVAL-271113-SPORT-04174608_oth.jpg

Source:YNET

------------------

:(

I saw a picture of him in the newspaper today which was taken when he was younger. He certainly reminded me of a young Tony Curtis (Bernie Schwartz). Maybe some of the viewers will think the same when they see the picture of him in this obituary.

Obituary: Arik Einstein - latimes.com

It sounds Ironic, as I know listen to his song "Children of life.." and the words say-

"The Doctor already speaks about the end of the way,
But I can put the fear to an end..." :(:(:(

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zLkV3PHyxSM]????? ?????????-????? ?? ??????? - YouTube[/ame]

Treasure your memories.

You're an evil person, Sherri.

For encouraging you to treasure your memories and a way of life that is passing away?

I cannot see evil in that.

I think about my own relative writing about the South in another time and day, that she only knew of through the stories her grandmother told her.

That was Gone With The Wind and her name was Margaret
Mitchell.

That must be why she has so much empathy for Christians who are being killed, enslaved, or beheaded . She just hates the idea that Israel exists . Consider the source :cuckoo:

BTW Jos, who were the people that actually did the butchering ??? Please tell us

A true legend and a great loss.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nbKkM67qJRs]Arik Einstein - Shabat BaBoker ???? ????????? - ??? ????? - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4cygVEtou0E]Arik Einstein - SheKsheNavo - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XC9bmsTACpI]????? ????????? - ???? ???????? 1980?? - YouTube[/ame]

Forum List

Back