Israel plans 'Jewish' loyalty oath

JBeukema

Rookie
Apr 23, 2009
everywhere and nowhere
Totally not like anything ever done anywhere else...

Right-wing politicians have welcomed plans to introduce an oath of loyalty to Israel as a "Jewish" state for anyone wanting to become a citizen, a move likely to further jeopardize direct peace talks with the Palestinians.
The controversial move would amend the current citizenship law to include the phrase: "I swear to respect the laws of the state of Israel as a Jewish and democratic state," Binyamin Netanyahu, the Israeli prime minister, said on Wednesday.
Israel plans 'Jewish' loyalty oath - Middle East - Al Jazeera English

AWESOME!

Good thing Israel's not a racist nation of bigots founded principles mirroring the KKK or anything :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I hereby declare, on oath, that I absolutely and entirely renounce and abjure all allegiance and fidelity to any foreign prince, potentate, state, or sovereignty of whom or which I have heretofore been a subject or citizen;

that I will support and defend the Constitution and laws of the United States of America against all enemies, foreign and domestic;

that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same;

that I will bear arms on behalf of the United States when required by law;

that I will perform noncombatant service in the Armed Forces of the United States when required by the law;

that I will perform work of national importance under civilian direction when required by the law;

and that I take this obligation freely without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; so help me God.

In acknowledgement whereof I have hereunto affixed my signature.

• Banned
I hereby declare, on oath, that I absolutely and entirely renounce and abjure all allegiance and fidelity to any foreign prince, potentate, state, or sovereignty of whom or which I have heretofore been a subject or citizen;

that I will support and defend the Constitution and laws of the United States of America against all enemies, foreign and domestic;

that I will perform noncombatant service in the Armed Forces of the United States when required by the law;

that I will perform work of national importance under civilian direction when required by the law;

and that I take this obligation freely without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; so help me God.

I'm curious. Might that particular unconstitutional phrase have been added around the same time as the unconstitutional (read:illegal) change to our money?

Or did they get around the Constitution by not having Congress involved in the change?

Not surprising, given our war against Islam.

I'm curious. Might that particular unconstitutional phrase have been added around the same time as the unconstitutional (read:illegal) change to our money?

Or did they get around the Constitution by not having Congress involved in the change?

Not surprising, given our war against Islam.

"So help me God" is optional. "On oath" will can also be replaced with "and solemnly affirm."

I believe that allowances will also be made for the "bear arms" and "noncombatant service" aspects of the oath for those who can prove such commitments are in violation with his or her religion.

Forum List

Back