Israel considers church seizure law, after Holy Sepulchre protest

SobieskiSavedEurope

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2017
Putnam Lake, NY raised, Pawling, NY resident.
Why is it some Bible belt people think Israel is so holy for Christians?

Here's Christians protesting Israel, and then Israel considering possible seizure of churches.

Wow, the center of Christianity, for sure. LOLOL

After Holy Sepulchre shuttered, bill allowing seizure of church lands shelved

Catholics and Orthodox launch protest over a proposed property law and a Jerusalem municipality bid to make churches pay back taxes
By SUE SURKES and TAMAR PILEGGIToday, 4:46 pm 5

• Greek Orthodox Patriarch of Jerusalem Theophilos III delivers a statement to the press as he stands next to the Custodian of the Holy Land Fr. Francesco Patton and Armenian Bishop Siwan (L) on February 25, 2018, outside of the closed doors of the Church of the Holy Sepulchre in Jerusalem's Old City. (AFP PHOTO / GALI TIBBON)

Ministers on Sunday postponed a Knesset debate on a bill that would allow Israel to confiscate church properties, after Orthodox and Catholic church leaders shuttered Jerusalem’s Church of the Holy Sepulchre to protest the legislation and a new municipal tax policy.

Trump recognized Jerusalem--the Hebrews took that as a sign and are moving in.
-Clarification: The taxes are to be levied on non-sanctuary facilities. The tax will not include properties that are strict worshiping areas. HOWEVER...the seizure of the bank accounts will affect everything.

The bible belt does not care because they have been hijacked by the dispensationalist movement. To the Christian Zionist, there is no and can be no separation between the nation of Israel and the bible.

On the bright side, the dispensationalist movement is on decline. When it's gone, Israel will no longer get a free pass from the US to do evil.

RE: Israel considers church seizure law, after Holy Sepulchre protest
※→ BulletProof, et al,

OK, I'll admit, that lately, I have been left confused and left wondering about what has been said. Very recently, there was a Thread on "Education" (How dumb is Israel?) that completely baffled me. Even the thread title confused me.

On the bright side, the dispensationalist movement is on decline. When it's gone, Israel will no longer get a free pass from the US to do evil.
(COMMENT)

In terms of "Dispensationalism" (the following of the basic historically teachings - derived from the divine, separated into distinct time periods) and relative to The Word (Bible, Scripture, etc), it is more associated with the type, kind and source of The Word; and how it was interpreted against the historical period from which it emerged.

Whereas, some interpret the nature of the consequence ["Israel will no longer get a free pass (from the US) to do evil."] to be geopolitical issue and a question of theology as it impacts differing cultures in a multitude of ways. Just look at all the different denominations that identify themselves as Christians.

So, what is the prime mover in the decline of "Dispensationalism."

Most Respectfully,
R

So, what is the prime mover in the decline of "Dispensationalism."

Two things come to mind. Dispensationalism is losing credibility as its followers make one false and laughable prediction after another. For example, how long can you hold your breath for the any-second-now Rapture, especially as set dates come and go?

Another thing, Christianity is in decline, in part because of Dispensationalism. Dispensationalists don't just lose credibility;t for themselves, they also cost Christians credibility. Dispensationalists support Joos who are in a political and cultural war against Christianity.

I wish the reason for for Dispensationalism to be in decline is for people who think themselves Christians to start reading the Bible and considering how completely at odds with Christianity their doctrine is. But, what do you expect from shitheads?

Where are the US Kershchins to whine and bitch at Israel for this? Kershchins are under fire in Israel, mount up and start raising money to fight them.

The Kershchins in the US are silent as a rabbit two feet from a mountain lion trying to find it in the grass.

-Clarification: The taxes are to be levied on non-sanctuary facilities. The tax will not include properties that are strict worshiping areas. HOWEVER...the seizure of the bank accounts will affect everything.

The bible belt does not care because they have been hijacked by the dispensationalist movement. To the Christian Zionist, there is no and can be no separation between the nation of Israel and the bible.
From what I gathered, the seizure of bank accounts is due to the long period of debt in taxes, that Israel tried to negotiate with Vatican to no avail.

They're more than capable of paying taxes on their business and non-worship property.

From what I gathered, the seizure of bank accounts is due to the long period of debt in taxes, that Israel tried to negotiate with Vatican to no avail.

They're more than capable of paying taxes on their business and non-worship property.
Well the churches affected are not just the Roman Catholics. I believe those pictured in the article are some form of Orthodox (Greek/Russian). Additionally from my understanding there was a tax exemption for those facilities for years. The rub is that the Israeli Government is not only initiating a tax for the present but also levying back taxes to include the exemption period. If this is the case, then this is BS and those parties have a legitimate gripe.

Where are the US Kershchins to whine and bitch at Israel for this? Kershchins are under fire in Israel, mount up and start raising money to fight them.

The Kershchins in the US are silent as a rabbit two feet from a mountain lion trying to find it in the grass.
What is a Kershchin? Is that Christian? If so, I have explained why; Christian Apologetics.

Dispensationalism summary

• Literal interpretation of the Bible
  • God works via different arrangements in distinct periods of history
  • Israel is the literal descendants of Abraham, not spiritual ones
  • Israel is the heir to the promises made to Abraham about the seed being blessed
  • Participation in the Abrahamic Covenant is “mainly” by physical birth in Jewish lineage
  • Two distinct people groups: Israel and the Church
  • Church began at Pentecost
  • Salvation is by faith in accordance to the revelation given in a particular dispensation
  • The Holy Spirit did not indwell people in all dispensations, only during the dispensation of the Church Age
  • Christ will reign in the future 1000 year period which occurs after the rapture
What is dispensationalism? | CARM.org

Jews are plotting to steal church property. Sooner or later, Jews always get what's coming to them.

Well the churches affected are not just the Roman Catholics. I believe those pictured in the article are some form of Orthodox (Greek/Russian). Additionally from my understanding there was a tax exemption for those facilities for years. The rub is that the Israeli Government is not only initiating a tax for the present but also levying back taxes to include the exemption period. If this is the case, then this is BS and those parties have a legitimate gripe.

The article states:

"The contracts state that when the leases run out, any buildings on them will revert back to the church. Residents expected that the leases would be extended. But in recent years, in order to erase massive debts, the Greek Orthodox Church has sold vast swaths of real estate to private investors, and nobody knows whether they will renew the leases, and if so, under what conditions."

So those tax debts are not new, not at least as to the extent that the knew and tried to manage them years before this article?

Then:

"Fighting on a third front, local churches are also protesting being charged millions of shekels in back taxes they say are illegitimate.

That dispute revolves around whether tax exemptions for the churches extend to properties, such as schools and residences, that are not used directly for worship."

--------------------
I just can't definitely buy that those churches received it out of the blue, when clearly they've been working to erase debts they knew exist. So how are those debts different, new, if we they already tried to negotiate them?

Why is it some Bible belt people think Israel is so holy for Christians?

Here's Christians protesting Israel, and then Israel considering possible seizure of churches.

Wow, the center of Christianity, for sure. LOLOL

Catholics and Orthodox launch protest over a proposed property law and a Jerusalem municipality bid to make churches pay back taxes
By SUE SURKES and TAMAR PILEGGIToday, 4:46 pm 5

• Greek Orthodox Patriarch of Jerusalem Theophilos III delivers a statement to the press as he stands next to the Custodian of the Holy Land Fr. Francesco Patton and Armenian Bishop Siwan (L) on February 25, 2018, outside of the closed doors of the Church of the Holy Sepulchre in Jerusalem's Old City. (AFP PHOTO / GALI TIBBON)

Ministers on Sunday postponed a Knesset debate on a bill that would allow Israel to confiscate church properties, after Orthodox and Catholic church leaders shuttered Jerusalem’s Church of the Holy Sepulchre to protest the legislation and a new municipal tax policy.

it says they aren't considering church seizure.

piss off, jew-hater.

they should do it here, too.

Israel tried to negotiate with Vatican to no avail.

Perhaps, if The Vatican is strapped for cash ... they could sell some bling.

Vatican+wealth.jpg

The article states:

"The contracts state that when the leases run out, any buildings on them will revert back to the church. Residents expected that the leases would be extended. But in recent years, in order to erase massive debts, the Greek Orthodox Church has sold vast swaths of real estate to private investors, and nobody knows whether they will renew the leases, and if so, under what conditions."

So those tax debts are not new, not at least as to the extent that the knew and tried to manage them years before this article?

Then:

"Fighting on a third front, local churches are also protesting being charged millions of shekels in back taxes they say are illegitimate.

That dispute revolves around whether tax exemptions for the churches extend to properties, such as schools and residences, that are not used directly for worship."

--------------------
I just can't definitely buy that those churches received it out of the blue, when clearly they've been working to erase debts they knew exist. So how are those debts different, new, if we they already tried to negotiate them?
Yeah...it's a mixed bag I'm sure. The thing is, only the Israelis and the churches know the real deal. We shall see.

The article states:

Then:

--------------------
Yeah...it's a mixed bag I'm sure. The thing is, only the Israelis and the churches know the real deal. We shall see.

Yes exactly what I was thinking.
Seems like this has been silenced by both sides for time of the initial negotiation that was going for some years.

The decision to go public can mean either the final pressure in a deal, again we yet to know anything specific, or a beginning of a looong story.

To me this looks like clear a signal for Jews,
that we need to give in the memory of the 0.5 Shekel every month of Adar,
which happens to be now.

maxresdefault.jpg

Two parts to this story of evil Jews:

1) The Jews are taxing the churches so much that they churches have to sell property to pay the taxes. And, so the Jews continue to squeeze hot Christians, who were over 20% of the population before 1948, but are under 2% today.

2) The Jews are plotting to take church property that the churches want to sell, preventing the church from being able to sell it.

3) To Hell with the Jews, let's start bombing! Or, at least withholding some of the billions we give them.

New Topics

Forum List

Back