Israel Chief Rabbi Amar condemned for 'gay death penalty' comment

Israeli political and community leaders have called for a top Jerusalem rabbi to be fired after he said Jewish law prescribed the death penalty for gays.

Sephardi Chief Rabbi Shlomo Amar told Israel Hayom newspaper homosexuality was a "cult of abomination", which the Torah "punishes... with death".

Israel Chief Rabbi Amar condemned for 'gay death penalty' comment - BBC News

I wonder how many support his view?

He should go down well with you muslims who already have execution as the cure/punishment for gays. Yet more sodomy is practised in islam than any other group, so making you lot hypocrites

Since you are under educated, i'll try to explain, in simple words.

The Torah says a lot of things are punishable(4 syllables) by death, and yes, homosexual acts is one of them.

I'm so sorry, but you are not God. You didn't write the Book, you probably never read A book, much less, The Book.

Israeli political and community leaders have called for a top Jerusalem rabbi to be fired after he said Jewish law prescribed the death penalty for gays.

Sephardi Chief Rabbi Shlomo Amar told Israel Hayom newspaper homosexuality was a "cult of abomination", which the Torah "punishes... with death".

Who could support his opinions?
I guess even 90% of Israeli people don't support what that Jerusalem rabbi said :)

There is a gay pride parade in Israel every year, for which Israelis are criticized. And now this Rabbi is criticized for making anti-gay remarks. So Israelis/Jews are damned if they do and damned if they don't. Typical anti-Semites.

In a country such as Israel under the rule of law, voicing the literal interpretation of the Torah is going to be met with the voice that requires adapting to a 21st century worldview.

On the other hand, when you live in a totalitarian society that has never been able to claw its way out of the 7th century and rule of mob justice is the norm, well, we have fun stuff like this:

HAMAS EXECUTES PROMINENT COMMANDER AFTER ACCUSATIONS OF GAY SEX

Hamas executed a prominent commander after accusations of gay sex

Allahu snack bar.

While in some Muslim countries their shit shariah law requires that gays be killed. Get the difference, numbskull?

Who could support his opinions?
I guess even 90% of Israeli people don't support what that Jerusalem rabbi said :)
I'd say it's probably 99.9% of Israelis don't support these opinions.

So the guy is criticized for quoting scripture? WTF?

And when islamic imams, clerics, shieks and ayotoilets do the same thing they are praised as being the most holy muslims in the world. And millions of lesser muslims then go out and carry out the punishment to appease their moon god.

In a country such as Israel under the rule of law, voicing the literal interpretation of the Torah is going to be met with the voice that requires adapting to a 21st century worldview.

On the other hand, when you live in a totalitarian society that has never been able to claw its way out of the 7th century and rule of mob justice is the norm, well, we have fun stuff like this:

Allahu snack bar.
So they executed one of their best commanders just for that?
It's not only cruel but also stupid. :dunno:
They should care about their soldiers :eusa_think:

Allahu snack bar.
So they executed one of their best commanders just for that?
It's not only cruel but also stupid. :dunno:
They should care about their soldiers :eusa_think:

That is the law of islam, and if they take over expect it to be enforced...................

I'm sad to say that over 50% of Israelis support the imposition of various sanctions on gays, while the bolder religious zealots are in favor of just killing them all. It has reached the point where disparaging songs about gay people are being broadcasted on TV.

I'm sad to say that over 50% of Israelis support the imposition of various sanctions on gays, while the bolder religious zealots are in favor of just killing them all. It has reached the point where disparaging songs about gay people are being broadcasted on TV.

I am happy to say you are incorrect. Recent polls suggest the majority of Israelis (76%) support same sex marriage. Additionally, laws prohibit discrimination against sexual orientation and demand equality with respect to such things as the Law of Return, registering marriages, adoption and other issues.

Do you have any link to prove what you're saying? :)

Forum List

Back