Islamophobes protest Christian church!

ABikerSailor

Diamond Member
Aug 26, 2008
Newberry, SC
Now this is just fear gone totally stupid..............

Some vigilant citizens in Phoenix, Arizona are up in arms over a domed church that they wrongly believe to be a mosque. The large building, still under construction along a busy interstate, is actually a nondenominational church. The backlash has been severe enough that the church's leaders have hung a giant banner over the dome: "IF YOU THINK DIFFERENT YOU ARE WRONG -- WE ARE BUILDING A CHRISTIAN HOUSE OF WORSHIP." The incident suggests that the widespread backlash against Muslim-American centers, which began this summer in reaction to the planned Cordoba House in New York, may still not have fully receded.
Phoenix's CBS affiliate KPHO reports, "People behind a new church in Phoenix are trying to stay ahead of any potential controversy or hate that accompanied the announcement of a proposed mosque near Ground Zero in New York City." They produced this video report:

Locals Protest Mosque That's Actually a Church | The Atlantic Wire

Now, I don't know about you, but don't you think that this fear mongering and Islamophobia has gone far enough?

I mean, protesting a CHRISTIAN church just because it has a dome on top?

I'm not saying that there is no terrorist threat, but you've gotta admit, you should check into something AT LEAST A LITTLE before jumping to conclusions.

But then again........what other reaction would you expect from fear mongering idiots?

I'm not saying that there is no terrorist threat, but you've gotta admit, you should check into something AT LEAST A LITTLE before jumping to conclusions.

But then again........what other reaction would you expect from fear mongering idiots?

I agree. It's why those global warming people are so funny. Conclusions but absent facts.

I think it's spillover from the ground zero mosque.

BTW.......the more you know about something, the less you have to fear of it. If those people would have actually LOOKED at things, they would have seen the name of the church.

Additionally, one thing to note.........the ground zero mosque DOESN'T have a dome on top of it!

Like I said, fear makes you stupid, and the only antidote to fear is knowledge and truth.

Sorry bout that,

1. It says a lot about where the hearts and minds of *Real Americans*, are finally heading.
2. People are waking up to the fact that islam is stealing everything good and decent about America, and they can see it in this building, or place of worship, so called.
3. And they are getting mad as hell about it.
4. They want justice, they want to shuk islam from the fabric of everthing American.
5. Its going past fear, Americans are sick and tired of what they know is, and what they know will be.
6. The alarm has sounded, and I have been sounding it for over ten years now here, and there.
7. And we as a Nation are starting to hear it.
8. Our mindset as a people are begining to show neither tolerance or respect for anything islamic, and for this congregation to borrow a certain style of architecture, in some sort of strange fellowship with islam, makes people hearts to burn, rightly so.
9. This provocation of this church leaders is a insult to everything good, and of God.
10. How can they be so *Anti-Christ*?
11. Then they put out a provocative sign, to stur the pot, I question them as Christians???:confused:

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Sorry bout that,

1. It says a lot about where the hearts and minds of *Real Americans*, are finally heading.
2. People are waking up to the fact that islam is stealing everything good and decent about America, and they can see it in this building, or place of worship, so called.
3. And they are getting mad as hell about it.
4. They want justice, they want to shuk islam from the fabric of everthing American.
5. Its going past fear, Americans are sick and tired of what they know is, and what they know will be.
6. The alarm has sounded, and I have been sounding it for over ten years now here, and there.
7. And we as a Nation are starting to hear it.
8. Our mindset as a people are begining to show neither tolerance or respect for anything islamic, and for this congregation to borrow a certain style of architecture, in some sort of strange fellowship with islam, makes people hearts to burn, rightly so.
9. This provocation of this church leaders is a insult to everything good, and of God.
10. How can they be so *Anti-Christ*?
11. Then they put out a provocative sign, to stur the pot, I question them as Christians???:confused:

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Yo.......Sir Flamer of TexAss............you DO realize that this church IS NOT A MOSQUE, right?

Sorry bout that,

1. Its obviously parallelism of islamic structures.
2. They know it, those who approved the design.
3. Thats why it offends Christians.
4. I hope this makes it easier for your thick skulls.:eek:

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Sorry bout that,

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

You obviously ingested lead based paint chips as a child.

Sorry bout that,

Sorry bout that,

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

You obviously ingested lead based paint chips as a child.

1. Another thick skull who has no opinion on this matter.:lol:

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Sorry bout that,

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Really? How much do you truly know about Islamic structures?

For that matter, how much do you know about Christian structures? Ever seen the churches built by the Knights Templar?

BTW.......the more you know about something, the less you have to fear of it. ...

Why are you afraid of terrorists gettin on planes then? We have been looking at that for almost 10 years, learning more every year, and you still wet your pants when people want to kick the TSA out of airports.

Could it be that you are simply mouthing platitudes, when the fact is that you are fear monger yourself?

BTW.......the more you know about something, the less you have to fear of it. ...

Why are you afraid of terrorists gettin on planes then? We have been looking at that for almost 10 years, learning more every year, and you still wet your pants when people want to kick the TSA out of airports.

Could it be that you are simply mouthing platitudes, when the fact is that you are fear monger yourself?

If we used the same security procedures as Israel, and combine that with thermal infrared cameras, problem would be solved.

No. I'm not scared of terrorists. I served 20 years in the military and spent a lot of time over in the ME.

Actually, a domed place of worship doesn't scream Muslim, as much as it does Orthodox Christian. The Orthodox Christians were the first to use the domes.

Forum List

Back