Islamic Center Defaced with Bacon Slices

Cops: SC Islamic Center Defaced with Bacon Slices

Columbia, SC (AP) -- Officials are investigating an Islamic center in South Carolina defaced when someone spelled out "PIG CHUMP" in bacon slices.

Florence Police Major Carlos Raines said Tuesday that someone placed the bacon in foot-high letters on a tiled walkway at the Florence Islamic Center between 7 a.m. and 2 p.m. on Sunday.

Islamic dietary restrictions bar Muslims from eating pork

Cops: SC Islamic Center Defaced with Bacon Slices wltx.com | Columbia, SC News, Weather and Sports |

I have to admit, that's pretty original.

Cops: SC Islamic Center Defaced with Bacon Slices

Columbia, SC (AP) -- Officials are investigating an Islamic center in South Carolina defaced when someone spelled out "PIG CHUMP" in bacon slices.

Florence Police Major Carlos Raines said Tuesday that someone placed the bacon in foot-high letters on a tiled walkway at the Florence Islamic Center between 7 a.m. and 2 p.m. on Sunday.

Islamic dietary restrictions bar Muslims from eating pork

Cops: SC Islamic Center Defaced with Bacon Slices wltx.com | Columbia, SC News, Weather and Sports |

I have to admit, that's pretty original.

Not really. I thought burying suicide-bombers in bacon grease would be a good touch. Might make less of them so willing to blow themselves up.

I used to warn the Muslims I trained about pork in their meals. Some of our MREs contained pork and they had been eating the stuff. I told them about it out of common courtesy.

We can always bomb them..oops balm them

bacon.jpg

Shows how stupid the racists in SC are.

Muslims are not allowed to eat bacon. It does not mean that they cower in fear like some vampire with a crucifix.

Shows how stupid the racists in SC are.

Muslims are not allowed to eat bacon. It does not mean that they cower in fear like some vampire with a crucifix.

Actually they are also forbidden to touch it. If they get any on them they have to be purified. In WW1 the British stopped railroad bombs in the Middle East by declaring the grease used on the tracks and the trains was pig grease.

In India during one Mutiny the loyal Muslim troops refused to use bullets because you had to bite one end off and the rumor was spread pig was used to make the part bitten off, while at the SAME time the Hindu were told it was made from cows.

Jewish synagogues, Catholic churches, Nativity scenes and all sorts of other religious symbols get defaced all the time. But anything Muslim gets "defaced" (comparing spray-painted Nazi symbols on Jewish synagogues or broken statues of the Virgin Mary to slapping some bacon on a wall), and the media goes hog wild...uh, no pun intended.

I'm not defending the actions of whoever did it. Just saying that this happens to other religions as well. Some of it, as mentioned in other posts, is done as "art." And some of it is done as "intellectual discussion." Either way, if you bash Christians, it's freedom of expression. If you do anything that remotely offends Muslims, then you're an intolerant bastard.

Sorry, the double standard is dumb, silly and stupid.

I don't see a double standard. I routinely see news stories about swastikas painted on synogouges, Catholic statues being overturned, cemeteries defiled.

I don't see the media looking the other way or showing favoritism to Muslims

Jewish synagogues, Catholic churches, Nativity scenes and all sorts of other religious symbols get defaced all the time. But anything Muslim gets "defaced" (comparing spray-painted Nazi symbols on Jewish synagogues or broken statues of the Virgin Mary to slapping some bacon on a wall), and the media goes hog wild...uh, no pun intended.

I'm not defending the actions of whoever did it. Just saying that this happens to other religions as well. Some of it, as mentioned in other posts, is done as "art." And some of it is done as "intellectual discussion." Either way, if you bash Christians, it's freedom of expression. If you do anything that remotely offends Muslims, then you're an intolerant bastard.

I don't see a double standard. I routinely see news stories about swastikas painted on synogouges, Catholic statues being overturned, cemeteries defiled.

I don't see a double standard. I routinely see news stories about swastikas painted on synogouges,6 million in the ovens Catholic statues being overturned,destroyed objects must be replaced cemeteries defiled. Final resting places.

And you don't see any difference.

I don't see a double standard. I routinely see news stories about swastikas painted on synogouges,6 million in the ovens Catholic statues being overturned,destroyed objects must be replaced cemeteries defiled. Final resting places.

No...I don't see the difference

Defiling religious property is wrong, regardless of the religion. I don't see the media ignoring it for some religions and not others

No...I don't see the difference

Defiling religious property is wrong, regardless of the religion. I don't see the media ignoring it for some religions and not others

Surely you acknowledge the difference in throwing some bacon around and actually destroying property.

To say otherwise would be to say that toilet papering someone's house is no different than breaking all the windows out of a house. Obviously they are not the same thing at all.

Forum List

Back