isafe bags for your kid...pro or con

strollingbones

Diamond Member
Sep 19, 2008
chicken farm
i safe bags have alarms that go off if the child pulls a tag or handle out. what do you think?

would you spend 60 bones on one? good ideal or bad....

I didn't know what you were referring to, so I looked it up. Sounds like a great idea--except that it is under the control of children. I think my son would have had a lot of fun terrorizing the dog and cat with it. On the other hand, it seems like an excellent idea for just about anyone. Certainly college girls could use one of these when walking around campus, especially after dark. Small children could use these as an added precaution when they have to walk to school. More and more school districts are dropping school buses and kids have further to walk to school. This might be an added bit of security for them.

I think if I had the care of a little kid nowadays, I'd just chip them. Why pussyfoot around with half-measures?

The chip only identifies the body. It isn't a GPS! This bag would give them an alarm to call immediate attention to them and hopefully scare predators away.

i safe bags have alarms that go off if the child pulls a tag or handle out. what do you think?

would you spend 60 bones on one? good ideal or bad....

seems high priced.

Help is close at hand in case of an emergency with a convenient personal panic alarm. Wrist Alarm is worn like a sports watch. Press a button to activate a 130-decibel signal. Velcro® fasteners allow an adjustable fit. Replaceable batteries included.

Was: $19.95
Now: $9.99

92308-2T.jpg

Wrist Personal Panic Alarm

I think if I had the care of a little kid nowadays, I'd just chip them. Why pussyfoot around with half-measures?

The chip only identifies the body. It isn't a GPS! This bag would give them an alarm to call immediate attention to them and hopefully scare predators away.

Well, hopefully the chip allows law enforcement to retrieve the kid alive and unharmed. But okay, mebbe a personal alarm is also useful.

I have to wonder WTF it does to a kid to be taught he needs to arm himself before leaving his own front door? It has to be tough as hell to be a new Mommy or Daddy these days.

Well, hopefully the chip allows law enforcement to retrieve the kid alive and unharmed. But okay, mebbe a personal alarm is also useful.

I have to wonder WTF it does to a kid to be taught he needs to arm himself before leaving his own front door? It has to be tough as hell to be a new Mommy or Daddy these days.

... Or live in a big city. Cell Phones have GPS now, if one could hang on to it. Panic alarms on them could be a good feature. ???

I will never get past that Revelation thing when it comes to inserting micro chips. Bad direction to go. The end game would be that one could not buy, sell, or trade without one. Why encourage that???

I think the kids would have great fun with the bags as gags. Has anyone ever told their kids "dont push this button?" What is the very thing they want to do? Press the button.

Now think hard

How may of you pay the slightest attention to car alarms? I know i don't, they are annoying noise that i don't ever look up for anymore.

Well, it certainly can't be any worse than those "really cute" backpacks personalized with a child's name ... another one of those "must have" items presented on network news a few days ago.

"Hello, Emily. Your mom isn't able to pick you up today so she asked me to bring you home."

Right.

Forum List

Back