Is Your Mattress Good To You?

AquaAthena

America First...MAGA
Gold Supporting Member
Feb 16, 2010
Central Coast
Just tossed the $1850.00 Simmons Beautyrest World Class Plush Super Pillow Top, rated a 10 for comfort level, purchased two years ago, and bought a Sealy Posturpedic in firm and without the pillowtop and voila`, no more lower back or hip soreness.

Bottom line, when shopping for a mattress, search with two things in mind-comfort and quality- as only the quality will be under warrantee. Internet research on mattresses is a great learning experience, and one can always make a firm mattress softer but not a soft, sweet and heavenly divine soft mattress more firm.

Do you like your mattress? :)

waterbed.
Friggin awesome in the winter..no cold bed to get into.
There is one drawback if your kids bedrooms are close...think about it.

I adore my bed. We bought a McRoskey handmade mattress and box springs a couple of years ago. It's an old fashioned mattress that needs to be flipped and rotated every three months. No more pillow tops for me. They are manufactured to be disposable and in need of replacement after only a very few years of use at most.

No it is not! After twelve months of makeshift sleeping facilities, I am finding it difficult to sleep in a proper bed!

Love my mattress, (Stearns & Foster) but it is getting a wee elderly now. Hmm maybe I need a waterbed for my back??

No it is not! After twelve months of makeshift sleeping facilities, I am finding it difficult to sleep in a proper bed!

:redface: Guess we should not complain after what you have to sleep on.

waterbed.
Friggin awesome in the winter..no cold bed to get into.
There is one drawback if your kids bedrooms are close...think about it.

I have a dual-control heated mattress cover on my king-size. When the nights grow cold, I'll throw it on the first setting about a half hour before bed time. In the dead of winter, I sometimes keep it on all night long.

I adore my bed. We bought a McRoskey handmade mattress and box springs a couple of years ago. It's an old fashioned mattress that needs to be flipped and rotated every three months. No more pillow tops for me. They are manufactured to be disposable and in need of replacement after only a very few years of use at most.

Cool. Ive always loved that place. I always thought it was funny jumping on the one at the front door!

It's one of the last of its kind.

We had a waterbed for many years. We had the original on with on huge bladder, then to duel chambers, then to the fully chambered waiveless one. I always hated them! We changed to a top of the line Sealy several years ago and ive topped it with a two inch memory foam topper. I love my bed. Neither of us feel as if we are waking up as cripple.

Just tossed the $1850.00 Simmons Beautyrest World Class Plush Super Pillow Top, rated a 10 for comfort level, purchased two years ago, and bought a Sealy Posturpedic in firm and without the pillowtop and voila`, no more lower back or hip soreness.

Bottom line, when shopping for a mattress, search with two things in mind-comfort and quality- as only the quality will be under warrantee. Internet research on mattresses is a great learning experience, and one can always make a firm mattress softer but not a soft, sweet and heavenly divine soft mattress more firm.

Do you like your mattress? :)

I love my beauty rest..best mattress I have owned. The Sealy Posturpedic, was way to firm for me.

It's one of the last of its kind.

That they are. We though about it so we cold custom the length and width, but would have been stuck with custom bedding as well. So we passed.

We just bought the standard California King (which is almost as bad as a custom size due to less variety of linens for that size - but we cope. :) )

Forum List

Back