is your area part of the drought?

Central%2BOregon%2BCoast%2B-%2B16.jpg

That's not me, but it certainly could be.

is your area part of the drought?
We were last year while there were floods in the midwest. This time last summer the lawn was brown and crunchy and this year, most of the dead patches have filled in and I'm mowing every 3 days.
Cotton, corn, sorghum, peanuts, potatoes and soy beans are all doing really well, except for crops planted on grades where heavy rains have washed away some seeds.
Last year, at this time, the corn was as brown and dried up as my lawn. This year, it is tall and lush. Soybeans and cotton look a lot better too.
We finished July with 31 inches of rain here at the house. July 4,5 and 6th, we got 15". Last July, we were under 1/2".

Haven't mowed my yard in a month except to knock off the tops of the weeds which seem to be the only thing still green and growing.

now now hj......seems most of the country is living in a desert right now....

sad sight to see farmers turn crops under....and i wonder how many just want replant....

hay prices are stable here....i always hope that is a truth....when hay prices go up...people ditch horses etc

Most of the country is a "desert" right now? I hadn't noticed.

Amazing how the global warming/climate change propaganda machine has convinced so many lemmings that the entire USA is a desert.

Since U.S. history isn't taught in schools anymore, a lot of people have never heard about the 1930s "dust bowl" and the severe drought conditions that occurred then.

There are plenty of examples of CYCLICAL weather conditions that have caused severe droughts, higher numbers of tornadoes and hurricanes, and severe rainstorms and snowstorms.

The Weather Channel does a great job of promoting their global warming/climate change agenda.

i'm sure you have links showing the percentage of the country which is in drought right now in order to prove your spew...oops, i mean assertion.

as far as history not being taught.... yet another lie, although i don't know where you went to school.

and, for the record, i don't think bones' thread was intended to raise a political issue...

we are lucky...knock on wood......we are having rain daily nearly.....i feel for those in the drought areas

2012-07-17.png

Interactive: Mapping The U.S. Drought : NPR

so how are you faring...i have had to haul water before...i know how miserable water shortages are...

pics welcome if you have them

we have rain in NY. but hubby is supposed to go hunting in western PA and the proprietor told him he could put off his trip til next year if he wants b/c the drought is affecting the size of the racks on the bucks.

sad sight to see farmers turn crops under....and i wonder how many just want replant....

hay prices are stable here....i always hope that is a truth....when hay prices go up...people ditch horses etc

Amazing how the global warming/climate change propaganda machine has convinced so many lemmings that the entire USA is a desert.

Since U.S. history isn't taught in schools anymore, a lot of people have never heard about the 1930s "dust bowl" and the severe drought conditions that occurred then.

There are plenty of examples of CYCLICAL weather conditions that have caused severe droughts, higher numbers of tornadoes and hurricanes, and severe rainstorms and snowstorms.

The Weather Channel does a great job of promoting their global warming/climate change agenda.

this is not a political thread......i understand the cycles of weather as i am sure most do on here and have heard of the dust bowl.....you realize the dust bowl was caused by more than temperatures?

of course you do.....being the great scholar of history

i'm sure you have links showing the percentage of the country which is in drought right now in order to prove your spew...oops, i mean assertion.

as far as history not being taught.... yet another lie, although i don't know where you went to school.

and, for the record, i don't think bones' thread was intended to raise a political issue...

:badgrin:Well dude until Ubama takes that right away from us he can say whatever he wants to. Don't like it then skip it.

this is not a political thread......i understand the cycles of weather as i am sure most do on here and have heard of the dust bowl.....you realize the dust bowl was caused by more than temperatures?

of course you do.....being the great scholar of history

Actually, I am a "scholar of history". I'm sure you realize that the "dust bowl" was caused by a combination of drought, lack of crop rotation, and lack of knowledge of soil conservation by the farmers. There are more reasons, but you get the idea, right, junior?

Just for the record, showing drought maps from the NPR website that are over two weeks old and calling the entire USA a "desert" is indeed promoting an agenda (global warming/climate change), which happens to be highly politically charged.

Last edited:
I'm glad to hear you are doing well Bones
We have had rain all month long and almost everyday too.
Dang! :( Gotta go and get new batteries for the camera.
Can't do it until tomorrow.

Finally I remembered to get batteries for the camera.
We have been greener than usual for us here in the desert.
Most of this green is brown except for the trees.
Sorry the pics didn't upload right.

Last edited:
you do realize this thread was started to see how posters were faring in the drought? no politic issues....nothing else but to see how people are doing....

or did that go over your head?

you do realize this thread was started to see how posters were faring in the drought? no politic issues....nothing else but to see how people are doing....

or did that go over your head?

I live on the other side of the mountains from you and we got a flash flood here Sunday evening.

Actually, I am a "scholar of history". I'm sure you realize that the "dust bowl" was caused by a combination of drought, lack of crop rotation, and lack of knowledge of soil conservation by the farmers. There are more reasons, but you get the idea, right, junior?

You do know that the GMO tainted monocroppers owned by Big Agra is still doing this - poisoning the soil and not rotating crops. They don't care what they destroy if it makes the CEO another million or two - just look at the dead zone in the gulf caused by their fertilizer runoff.

I'll bet you can't wait until they bully the government (or pay them) to allow their terminator seeds to be unleashed. That could have catastrophic consequences. Monsanto needs to be taken down. Maybe Texas will execute them for crimes against nature since they are now "people". I wish... Oh, I wish.

Last edited:
July was the hottest month in history. But Wingnuts will claim that climate change is junk science.

Kill enough people yet?

I haven't had to cut my weeds in three weeks. We did get some decent rain the last few days, so the weeds started growing again. Guess I'll have to cut them soon.

Forum List

Back