Is Trump better than Lincoln?

The EP was applied to the confederacy. The union had no power in Confederate states.
So once the war ended and the South was defeated, as it inevitably was, the EP did apply and so did the 13th Amendment!
I don't even care about this revisionist issue of yours and I run circles around you.
It was a military EO.
It was more or less a confiscation of property belonging to the rebellious, done by the military.
It meant absolutely nothing for over 2 years.
I didnt mention the 13th amendment.
Asshol
The Emancipation Proclamation came before the passing of the 13th Amendment, (asshole).
January 1st, 1863 vs December 6, 1865. How surprising it is the Emancipation Proclamation did not refer to an
event that was more than two years in the future.
Lol. The EP didnt do a damn thing until after the war.
Again, nothing I have said even involves the 13th. you magically brought that up.
I got ahead of myself when I said " it didnt free a single slave" I meant it didnt during the war. Or when he signed it. I concede to that. But it's the same kind if mistake when you claimed it ended slavery. It didnt even apply to states that weren't in rebellion that still had slaves. Only the 13th did that. I'm sure you know that, you just misspoke.
If you call that running circles, you might want to slow down. You are breathing heavily.
And I wont even get into the EP being unconstitutional.
That's a thread in itself:D

Again, nothing I have said even involves the 13th. you magically brought that up.
I got ahead of myself when I said " it didnt free a single slave" I meant it didnt during the war. Or when he signed it. I concede to that. But it's the same kind if mistake when you claimed it ended slavery.
No mistake. The 13th Amendment ended legalized slavery in America...period!
If you think I said the Emancipation Proclamation ended slavery you are very wrong. Not my problem.

It didnt even apply to states that weren't in rebellion that still had slaves. Only the 13th did that. I'm sure you know that, you just misspoke.
Bullshit to that! I misspoke nothing about the Emancipation Proclamation and
it's effect in the Confederacy. It had none, not surprisingly. Are you trying to confuse me? Or just profoundly confused yourself?

If you call that running circles, you might want to slow down. You are breathing heavily.
That's a thread in itself
The Emancipation Proclamation was merely a statement of policy that was not fully
implementable until the war ended and the law could be applied throughout the nation, especially in the areas where
slavery was practiced.

53% of republicans say yes. It`s hard to believe that they`re still angry over the loss of slavery. What`s wrong with these people?
Majority Of Republicans Say Trump Is A Better President Than Lincoln

"is trump better than Lincoln"

You will have to clarify a point for me.

when you say "Lincoln" do you mean Abraham Lincoln, the REPUBLICAN emancipator who you are proud of and take credit for?

or Abraham Lincoln the Northern Yankee TYRANT who you hate because he started the war of NORTHERN AGGRESSION?

which Lincoln do you mean?

53% of republicans say yes. It`s hard to believe that they`re still angry over the loss of slavery. What`s wrong with these people?

"is trump better than Lincoln"

You will have to clarify a point for me.

when you say "Lincoln" do you mean Abraham Lincoln, the REPUBLICAN emancipator who you are proud of and take credit for?

or Abraham Lincoln the Northern Yankee TYRANT who you hate because he started the war of NORTHERN AGGRESSION?

which Lincoln do you mean?
Exactly. That Lincoln

I got ahead of myself when I said " it didnt free a single slave" I meant it didnt during the war. Or when he signed it. I concede to that. But it's the same kind if mistake when you claimed it ended slavery.
No mistake. The 13th Amendment ended legalized slavery in America...period!
If you think I said the Emancipation Proclamation ended slavery you are very wrong. Not my problem.

It didnt even apply to states that weren't in rebellion that still had slaves. Only the 13th did that. I'm sure you know that, you just misspoke.
Bullshit to that! I misspoke nothing about the Emancipation Proclamation and
it's effect in the Confederacy. It had none, not surprisingly. Are you trying to confuse me? Or just profoundly confused yourself?

That's a thread in itself
The Emancipation Proclamation was merely a statement of policy that was not fully
implementable until the war ended and the law could be applied throughout the nation, especially in the areas where
slavery was practiced.
Lol it's what you said dude.
Good day.

I don't think Trump is better than Lincoln, at least not YET. I believe Lincoln is THE best president the US has EVER had, I'd place Trump at about #5 for now. But he could easily move up my list. He SHOULD have another five years as president.
I think Lincoln was better in how he handled the 'majesty' of being President, but he got things done, much like Trump, though in dealing with Yankee generals, he was working with inferior personnel til he finally got Grant.

NeFP0pa.gif

Of course and in reality the slaves were so much better off than they were on the dark continent. They still haven`t shown gratitude for slavery. They owe white Americans reparations.
02cf9a45e0f60a1bb8a3a9bc72ee72e7--ny-library-my-heart-hurts.jpg

Wasnt that slave an escapee from a black slave owner?

I think he was.

Oh, wait, no, he was the one that tried to 'kill everyone' by his own admission, but could not remember doing so.

His owner fired the overseer that did that to him also, but he was still a low down good for nothing slave owner, only worthy of the hell fire, aint that right, bubba?

Gordon (slave) - Wikipedia

Slavery in the United States - Wikipedia

African-American history and culture scholar Henry Louis Gates Jr. wrote:

... the percentage of free black slave owners as the total number of free black heads of families was quite high in several states, namely 43 percent in South Carolina, 40 percent in Louisiana, 26 percent in Mississippi, 25 percent in Alabama and 20 percent in Georgia.[287] .....

In his 1985 statewide study of black slaveholders in South Carolina, Larry Koger challenged the benevolent view. He found that the majority of black slaveholders appeared to hold at least some of their slaves for commercial reasons. For instance, he noted that in 1850 more than 80 percent of black slaveholders were of mixed race, but nearly 90 percent of their slaves were classified as black.[293] Koger also noted that many South Carolina free blacks operated small businesses as skilled artisans, and many owned slaves working in those businesses. "Koger emphasizes that it was all too common for freed slaves to become slaveholders themselves."[294]​

Why dang, just DANG! No wonder so many black people are in the DNC! They are trying to get their slaves back after all!

Last edited:
Mac, do you know David Duke? You go shopping with him, send him Christmas cards? You have his cell number? No, or at least I doubt it.

Do you know that he is a racist, former KKK Kluxer and former Dimocrat? Yes, that is what he media conveys to us and I think it accurate.

It isnt THAT hard to figger this stuff out, you know?

Last edited:
Mac, do you know David Duke? You go shopping with him, send him Christmas cards? You have his cell number?

Do you know that he is a racist, former KKK Kluxer and former Dimocrat?

Yes, so why did Trump lie like that, on such an important topic?

Aside from not pissing off his base?

And why are his fans so willing to spin for it?

Mac, do you know David Duke? You go shopping with him, send him Christmas cards? You have his cell number?

Mac, words have different meanings and shades of meaning depending on the context.

I know that the actor Tom Selleck is still married to the same second wife for decades. But I would also say that I do not 'know' Tom Selleck personally.

Get it?

You WANT to assert that Trump is a liar, so situations that you would normally interpret rationally, you hold Trump to a literal standard that is normally unrealistic in trying to understand what a person is saying.

You have TDS.

Mac, words have different meanings and shades of meaning depending on the context.

I know that the actor Tom Selleck is still married to the same second wife for decades. But I would also say that I do not 'know' Tom Selleck personally.

Get it?
Look at the whole quote. It's not just about Duke, as bad as that is.

Look, I realize Trump was right about his "Fifth Avenue" rule. It's just not very pleasant to watch play out.

And this Lincoln comparison. What an absolute insult to his memory. I've never seen anything like this. This is making the craziness over Obama look like shallow indifference.

Look at the whole quote. It's not just about Duke, as bad as that is.
Look, I realize Trump was right about his "Fifth Avenue" rule. It's just not very pleasant to watch play out.

This is not the 5th Avenue rule, it is hermeneutics. It is a case of you not interpreting Trump like you would a normal person because you loathe the man.

And this Lincoln comparison. What an absolute insult to his memory. I've never seen anything like this. This is making the craziness over Obama look like shallow indifference.

If you admired Trump you wouldnt see it that way, but you dont.

TDS.

Forum List

Back